• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Childhood fears

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was afraid strangers were going to come into the house and get me. I'd often make the rounds at night before bed to make sure all of the doors were locked. I'd also lock my bedroom door at night and put a brick in front of it. This started around junior high, I think. I don't really remember why or what prompted it. Too long ago! To this day, I still sometimes get 'paranoid' a bit when I'm in the apartment at night by myself. :shock:

heart

heart on fire
When I was a child, I was very fearful that vampires were real and they hung out underneath my bed. I would make my bed (or get my Mom to help) so that the top sheet would be really taut around my feet, but I hated to do that because I felt also like I was suffocating. I felt the need to do that because I normally like sleeping with my feet hanging off my bed.

*sheepish grin*

I was able to talk myself out of the vampire fear because I noticed that the women who got bit always went to sleep in those movies with their necks exposed, so I would just always make sure the covers went over my neck. If a vampire comes by, he uses supersensual vision to look inside your room, if he sees your neck bared and ready, he is coming in, if not, he goes on to the next house. That was my logic.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was able to talk myself out of the vampire fear because I noticed that the women who got bit always went to sleep in those movies with their necks exposed, so I would just always make sure the covers went over my neck. If a vampire comes by, he uses supersensual vision to look inside your room, if he sees your neck bared and ready, he is coming in, if not, he goes on to the next house. That was my logic.

Oh, that is so cute. Makes perfect sense to me!! :hug:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I jumped off a swing when I was little and broke out all of my front teeth. I have sense been afraid of heights in a manner that defies logic.

OUCH!!! :ohmy:

It's no wonder you have that fear now. :sadbanana:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My mother dying. My sister. Being kidnapped and murdered.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, I have Asperger's, so I had loads of weird fears as a child:
  • Exhaust fans.
    [*]Hand dryers.
  • Going through car washes.
    [*]Vacuum cleaners.
  • The flashing red light on smoke detectors.
  • Yellow bathtubs.
Don't ask me why I had these fears...I honestly don't know.
My younger son who has autism really hates the two bolded things. I think the sound hurts his ears or something.

I was afraid of clowns and of my stuffed animals/animal posters coming to life and being upset with me over some perceived and unintentional slight.

I wasn't ever really afraid of the dark or of storms. It's made it a little hard to know how to deal with my kids having those very normal fears.