• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pleas and their users

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Why should I try to prove anything to you when you have already made up your mind?" INFX

(But I'm sure I have not made up my mind yet. I think.)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rolli: are you really going to be such nerds?!? :tongue:

(and now we know why people dislike ESTPs :blush:)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok if you see it that way (to self: but you're still an idiot)

that would be what I want to say but it be me getting tongue tied and going "Fine" in a childish manner and then walking away.<--which is why I try to stay at of debates and arguments.

So it could be
I don't really care, could you please shut up already, I get that you think I'm a terrible person and I don't know what to do to change your mind, so please shut up so I can think and maybe I'll have an answer.

it depends on my mood or the person as to which I use.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've wondered what kind of a person just repeats what they want, same line repeatedly one time after another, without seeming to take any new information or arguments into account. xSTJ?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
"It ultimately comes down to a difference of opinion." INFJ

"If you say so." ESFP

*long audible sigh* ESFJ

"But what is the point?" ISTJ

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I've wondered what kind of a person just repeats what they want, same line repeatedly one time after another, without seeming to take any new information or arguments into account. xSTJ?
I think so... I hear that from my father all the time. :doh: He's an ISTJ.

"Why are you avoiding me?" - EXFJ
"I wonder what will happen if... " "Let's try it! And while we're at it... :devil: " "No no no! That'll..." - conversation between an INFJ with an ENTP

"That me look that up." - ISTJ

R

RDF

[...]

I don't really care, could you please shut up already, I get that you think I'm a terrible person and I don't know what to do to change your mind, so please shut up so I can think and maybe I'll have an answer.

:laugh: :yes:

R

RDF

"Someone did that to me once when I was a child and it hurt my feelings, so now as an adult I'm going to go on a crusade and nail you to a cross for daring to victimize me or others in a similar manner."

(INFPs sometimes have trouble letting go of old wounds.)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"but it's my life! why don't you let me make and enjoy my own bad decisions! :tongue:" - estp and probable other ExxPs as well! :laugh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
"Someone did that to me once when I was a child and it hurt my feelings, so now as an adult I'm going to go on a crusade and nail you to a cross for daring to victimize me or others in a similar manner."

(INFPs sometimes have trouble letting go of old wounds.)

Talk about an understatement.

Here's one I heard from an INFP once (similar things from very strongly expressed ones with weak Te):

"I understand your logic, but I choose to disagree."

What's interesting is that they actually often mean that as an insult... and it works, too. :(

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
"I wonder what will happen if... " "Let's try it! And while we're at it... :devil: " "No no no! That'll..." - conversation between an INFJ with an ENTP

Is the INFJ the first and last one? It sounds right, though I'm not very familiar really with ENTP's.

Your "no no no!" left me laughing, because it's been pointed out to me that it's a trademark expression of mine. However, I guess I generally use it when someone is apologizing for something. I feel bad that they are feeling bad and so fire off a quick series of no's in an assurance that I experienced nothing they would have to apologize for. :D

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I try to reconcile things by saying, "That's your perspective, and this is mine. It's impossible to know which is right, ultimately."

And I actually believe it. Two people usually can't understand/agree with one another because they each see things from their own perspective, and either won't or can't acknowledge/understand the other's perspective. I like to think it's the latter rather than the former in most cases.

heart said:
It is complicated (said in a tone that implies further attempts to solve problem will futile)--- INFJ

Struck me these two might be related.

I wonder if seeing the possibility of two (or more) differing, but ultimately equally valid, perspectives in existence at one time can lead someone to disengage from a conversation that looks like it might be headed toward a conflict with only one perspective allowed to come out the winner.

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ

This one always confused me. I would at first take in the expressed seeming acceptance of the validity of differing perspectives, but then be startled and confused to realize there was really no acceptance going on at all. It was hard to know which expression to react to...the openly expressed one or the one that seemed to be lurking below the surface.

I admittedly do something related. If I get tired of arguing and see that there's no likely resolution to a conflict of perspectives any time soon, I will openly acknowledge the truth I see in the other person's perspective without drawing much attention to the fact that I still also see truth in the conflicting perspective as well. The other person generally seems satisfied that they've convinced me of their truth and I get peace.

R

RDF

"I understand your logic, but I choose to disagree."

What's interesting is that they actually often mean that as an insult... and it works, too. :(

This one always confused me. I would at first take in the expressed seeming acceptance of the validity of differing perspectives, but then be startled and confused to realize there was really no acceptance going on at all. It was hard to know which expression to react to...the openly expressed one or the one that seemed to be lurking below the surface.

Whether specifically intended as an insult or not, it seems INFPs are known for not providing "pushback" on arguments. Apparently it's a bit disconcerting to other types when INFPs hold a strong opinion on something but seem to feel no need to justify it or rationalize it to others, even in the face of strong contrary arguments.

Somewhere there's an old thread from last spring or summer where some NTs asked INFPs about the lack of "pushback," and I tried to explain that just because the other guy wants to argue a point it doesn't mean the INFP has to respond and argue back. But I'm not sure my explanation was a convincing one. :blush:

It may simply be that we INFPs get an opinion in our heads, and it has such an air of Fi inevitability to it that it just seems like too much effort to argue the point and try to explain it or justify it to others (or even to ourselves). Easier to just respond, "Whatever you say," and then go our own way and do what we intended to do all along.

I suppose it's basically just laziness. But in a way it reminds me of a INTP's Ti autonomy issue. We're so certain of our opinion that it's even kind of painful to hear other people second-guessing us on the point. On these core opinions, we experience contrary arguments almost as a violation of our personal space and our autonomy. Hence the phenomenon of feeling personally under attack when our opinions are attacked. And thus a certain amount of judicious conflict avoidance when it comes to certain subjects.

Basically, at such times you're probably seeing our internal Judging function rising to the surface and pushing you away from something connected with our core values. :thelook:

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Whether specifically intended as an insult or not, it seems INFPs are known for not providing "pushback" on arguments. Apparently it's a bit disconcerting to other types when INFPs hold a strong opinion on something but seem to feel no need to justify it or rationalize it to others, even in the face of strong contrary arguments.

Yeah, that makes sense. I generally feel little need to debate with others my perspectives and would be most likely to simply walk away from a conflict too.

What at least I was was referring to in my comments was that contrast between what seems to be being expressed and what is actually going on inside.

I think I tended to be startled because on the surface in so many ways I can express similarly to an INFP. We both might express an acceptance of the other person's position externally and a desire not to engage further. It's just that inside I wouldn't probably be doing the quiet "but you're an idiot" thing. :)

I guess that's the part that when I realized it went on below the surface startled me.

R

RDF

It's just that inside I wouldn't probably be doing the quiet "but you're an idiot" thing. :)

I guess that's the part that when I realized it went on below the surface startled me.

Your Judging function (Fe) is on the surface and is Auxiliary (is more reflexive). So when you push people away from a tender spot, it's fairly out in the open and automatic.

Our Judging function (Fi) is internal and is Dominant (is more deliberate and more directly accessible to us). So when it gets bruised, the injury hits more at a sense of who we are, and we can push people away from that part in a more deliberate and duplicitous manner. IOW, we can drum up more pain, outrage, and irritation when our Judging buttons get pushed, and thus do the quiet "but you're an idiot" thing to justify to ourselves why we need space from you at that moment.

Not that it's your fault or anything. It's just that when it's bruised the J function can be a regular little monster. :devil:

FWIW, by the way, my wife and I are both INFPs. We know what's going on in each other's minds when we get on each other nerves. :devil: