User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default interesting life vs interesting mind in others

When you meet someone do you pay more attention to(and like him/her because of) what the person has experienced(talks about how he was wrestling with wolfs in siberia etc)/experiences(has an interesting life that he likes to talk about) and if the person shares really much of the same interests as you or if the way that person functions in psychological level is interesting, but has only some of the same interests as you and doesent have very interesting life, but few things happen in his life from time to time that are interesting to you?

Im interested to know how different types answer to this
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I lean more towards Interesting Minds. Its more fun to vibe on ideas and thoughts, its more intriguing to me. How about you?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

mind of course. mind cant be really altered, but life can. not to mention that it gets boring to listen about wrestling with wolfs in the long run. But interesting mind in my opinion in others is the kind of that does things and not just be too passive and think about things. But its not that he/she has to do interesting things, its more that its easier to do things with him/her
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Rainy Day Member

Interesting minds.

Since we're talking about "when you meet someone", I guess this would be communicated through manner of speech, topics discussed, overall manner etc etc.

Still, I don't think I could help being interested in a story about wrestling wolves in Siberia. I'm attracted to the foreign... foreign minds, foreign experiences.

Anyway, with the "interesting" people I've met, I've found that the two often go hand-in-hand. An interesting mind draws interesting experiences. An interesting mind turns the mundane into an interesting experience.

Rainy Day Member

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    mind of course. mind cant be really altered, but life can. not to mention that it gets boring to listen about wrestling with wolfs in the long run. But interesting mind in my opinion in others is the kind of that does things and not just be too passive and think about things. But its not that he/she has to do interesting things, its more that its easier to do things with him/her
    Define "interesting things". An interesting life doesn't need to be extreme for it to be interesting. I agree with you that an interesting mind is "the kind that does things". An interesting mind that sees things in a new way is a blessing, but a waste if it produces nothing and creates nothing significant. These significant things are the interesting experiences.
    Last edited by Ingrid in grids; 08-20-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo

Phantonym

Interesting minds. Picking them apart, or at least trying to, in hopes that you never really fully succeed and that there's more and more and more coming from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    An interesting mind draws interesting experiences. An interesting mind turns the mundane into an interesting experience.
    Oh, yes. Very true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Of course mind.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Interesting mind. I'm more interested with sharing experiences with the person, than with things he experienced withut me. And to share experience together, we must like each other, and so an interesting mind is more important.

Who care about interesting life? Are we supposed to give our curriculum vitae?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Who care about interesting life?
    someone who thinks interesting people do interesting things and that interesting mind equals to doing interesting things more than that interesting people think in interesting ways
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Overall, interesting mind. It's more likely to stay interesting - whereas for one reason or another the person might stop doing interesting things!

Also, I very much get the impression with some I've met that they've tried to travel a lot, do "cool things" etc etc to make themselves look interesting. And frankly, they're still boring and shallow and didn't get much out of what they did.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING