User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    someone who thinks interesting people do interesting things and that interesting mind equals to doing interesting things more than that interesting people think in interesting ways
    If a people don't do interesting things, it can be because he experiments more difficulties and shake in his life than enjoyement, not because he's not interesting.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The mind everytime.

Huh. Not sure I’d really evaluate someone in terms of either. I prefer if they can make me laugh and also laugh at my jokes/stories, and are kind and fun to be around, and maybe a little bit quirky.

I like it when people have thought about their values and about human relationships/interactions. That is what I care about most. I am interested in why people behave as they do, mostly so I can improve my relationships with them.

But I don't really go about selecting my friends based on their 'interesting mind' or their 'interesting life'. Or I guess everyone seems to have an interesting mind and life to me, because everyone comes from a different background, seems to have done different things with their talents and situation, to have different views on the same topic and to have arrived at those views differently. I've never met somebody who was 100% predictable.

UGH I am sorry I didn't answer the question at all...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Overall, interesting mind. It's more likely to stay interesting - whereas for one reason or another the person might stop doing interesting things!

Also, I very much get the impression with some I've met that they've tried to travel a lot, do "cool things" etc etc to make themselves look interesting. And frankly, they're still boring and shallow and didn't get much out of what they did.
    Same here.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Interesting mind. If someone has an interesting life, I feel like I have nothing to contribute to the conversation cos my life would be boring in comparison to theirs! Would be great to learn about someone else's interesting life experiences though. Just wouldn't guarantee that I would have much to say afterwards, other than asking them more questions about their experiences and what they have learned from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well, unless is a chick with a great butt in wench wear.

Then it might not be just about their mind.

interesting mind

people who dont have interesting mind cant have interesting life imo, maybe on the first look, but when you look closer it is boring. i dont care have you been on all continents.. i care what did you learn there, your thoughts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    When you meet someone do you pay more attention to(and like him/her because of) what the person has experienced(talks about how he was wrestling with wolfs in siberia etc)/experiences(has an interesting life that he likes to talk about) and if the person shares really much of the same interests as you or if the way that person functions in psychological level is interesting, but has only some of the same interests as you and doesent have very interesting life, but few things happen in his life from time to time that are interesting to you?

Im interested to know how different types answer to this
    An interesting mind could make a trip to the grocery store fascinating whereas just an interesting life does not amount to great/intriguing speaker/motivator/conversation piece. Life is what happens to you, your mind is what you create yourself. And self-creation is sexy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well, unless is a chick with a great butt in wench wear.

Then it might not be just about their mind.

Pretty much LOL

That's a sexy thing- a girl that can get into my mind.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Anyway, with the "interesting" people I've met, I've found that the two often go hand-in-hand. An interesting mind draws interesting experiences. An interesting mind turns the mundane into an interesting experience.
    I think this is true, but, it's also important to note that those I am most drawn to, and classify as most 'Interesting', have both interesting minds/thoughts, as well as interesting and varied life experiences. Others won't have life experiences as part of their classification of 'Interesting'. But it isn't really either/or as to my preferences, it is in fact both.

I must confess, I am going to kind of go against the grain here and say I am not super interested in someone who has a mind full of amazing thoughts and ideas, but who in the end sits at home and doesn't actualize any of it. Doesn't do anything with his life. That can be a turnoff for me (ack..I think contextually this applies more to a romance/life partner), but then I'm also one who is really big on getting out and experiencing new things. To try to be close to someone who was not? Well, at the end of the day half of myself wouldn't be fulfilled. Experiences are part of what I consider a rich life, but then, this of course is just my personal value system & definition of 'rich life'. Sure, these Interesting Minds who stay home all day might be fascinating to talk to, and I would gain something from that mental stimulation/connection, but it's not the end all be all for me. On the other hand, someone who just tacks off experiences without having anything percolating up in their brain, well, that's not good either.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ