User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default What are your current personal developments and how did you decide about them?

I'm talking about some personal development programs or ideas, somethat that you've decided to improve on your person.

So, what things you strive at in your personal development, and what's the backstory to why you decided to take it as your goal?

I'll tell you mine.

-This thing I just figured out completely just while ago, so I'm in the beginning with this: I'll try to criticize less. I found out this when I met another even more insanely criticizing person than myself, and noticed there are limits to criticism people can tolerate. Then I read about about getting along with people, and it showed good examples while criticism, while theoretically sound manner, is ill-suited for almost all occasions for various reasons, if a good relationship with people is to be maintened.

-This development I've almost completed. I'll try to work more on the normal stuff that has to do with society. I'll be less eccentric, I'll try to be less of a special person, genius, etc.. I'll find connections with people in the normal things and learn to appreciate them, while maintaining my special things at the same time. I figured this out long ago when I found some special high IQ groups I had participated unsatisfactory, and found myself depressed from not having people to connect with.

-I'm in the middle of this. I'm trying to get more feeling in my life. I was devastated because of my difficulties at a time, and a shrink gave a last advice for me.. develop your feeling. I felt like it connected with something I had years ago.

-I'm past middle in this development. I'm trying to get more punctual, orderly and organized, while not organizing the wrong things. I noticed time go, and I had fun, but some people were able to ignore the fun opportunities and work on their stuff. I realized that my fun-seeking attitude wasn't bringing me the best fun, as I occasionally got troubles. I decided to learn to organize - it's easy to organize fast, and then I can enjoy good results later for a long period of time.

So, what's yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    -This development I've almost completed. I'll try to work more on the normal stuff that has to do with society. I'll be less eccentric, I'll try to be less of a special person, genius, etc.. I'll find connections with people in the normal things and learn to appreciate them, while maintaining my special things at the same time. I figured this out long ago when I found some special high IQ groups I had participated unsatisfactory, and found myself depressed from not having people to connect with.

I'm honestly glad for ye, but the wording here cracks me up and makes it so I am unable to reply.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Lol, it was ridiculous when I did that 10 years ago! You should have seen me (but you wouldn't have wanted, really).

I'm honestly glad for ye, but the wording here cracks me up and makes it so I am unable to reply.
    I tried to make a parody of myself, (obviously failed), so just go with the stuff you wanted to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... well, I have a couple of these projects.

1) I need to get more in the real world too. I see now that the choices I've made might become too costly in the long run. I'm not sure if I've even started this project, though.

2) I try to be more in the moment. I've been doing this a few years now.

3) I try to take the criticizing project into my thoughts. I don't usually criticize people, but I sometimes judge them in my mind, even though I know that this is just to throw my concentration off my own mistakes.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. Spend less time on the Internet forums. I'd like to limit it to an hour or two a day, not the 4-5 hours I seem to be spending.

2. Exercise more and lose 20-30 lbs.

3. Stop worrying so much about what others think (yes, some of us NTs *are* sensitive)

4. Master the Spanish language

5. Get a full-time job
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ

What processes made you decide on those? (books, forums, thinking about it yourself, friends, others, etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

1.Spend less time on laptop

2.Approach a member of the opposite sex without having a nervous breakdown

3.Write some scripts sitcoms, screenplay, sketches etc

4.learn piano, trumpet and saxaphone(can already play drums and upright bass)

5.Learn how to draw this is the biggest 1 for me my mums amazing at art and im jealous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

1. Improving my direct communication skills- Recently i've been realizing that, due to discrepancies in our methods of communication, my INTJ partner and i have been having some problems on this front. The more i step back and analyze the situation, the more i realize that to some degree we are expecting each other to read minds. Not good. I've been browsing up about how NTs communicate and i'm creating a list of steps i think we are both capable of taking to improve our relationship by communicating better.
    2. Nurture and increase my Sensing capabilities- since i started browsing this forum, i've realized that my personality scale tips waayyyy too far towards N. The more i think about it, the more I realize how it ties into some of my unhappiness.
    3. Focus, stop procrastinating- I'm trying to graduate in under 2 years, since i'm already starting my 5th year of college. I've done so well in my major/minor classes thus far i'd hate to ruin my successful streak so i'm trying to do better by focusing on what i really want to achieve, plotting the steps i need to take to achieve the goal, and just do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i am currently working the hardest on not saying things i don't mean and/or will regret when i am angry. i have a tendency to go straight for the jugular, so to speak, and this results in me being embarrassed and feeling bad later. instead, i'm trying to channel my emotional energy into engineering the best response i can. Fi to Te energy shift, if you wanna put it in jungian terms. the motivation for this change is based off of experiences in close relationships.

i also have a latent, driving fear that if i don't stand out, then no one will want to associate with me, and that if i don't make it to the top, my life won't mean anything. and instead of climbing to the top like would be logical, you would think, i just get paralyzed with this fear. i procrastinate and avoid things. i need to stop caring so much about other people's opinions and do what pleases me. i am not very far with this, having just really come to terms with it.

garbage

Mostly, establishing some regularity in my sleeping and exercise schedule. There's lots of physiological stuff going on, and I have to tackle them one step at a time. I'm starting at the fundamentals.

It's been difficult to build momentum, since the issues are intertwined--joint pain diminishes exercise, lack of sleep causes migraines, migraines cause lack of sleep, and so on.

Wow. Good open and honest thread.