User Tag List

First 123

I have had good results messing with the memory itself. Putting a clowns nose on the person, changing a table to an elephant. And then repeating it till the old pattern is dead and buried.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    As I got older though, I started taking a new approach. It really is like a monster under the bed. Instead of hiding under the covers I decided to really look it in the face. What was it going to do, kill me? Destroy my sanity? Make me explode?

I faced those memories and I won't lie, it hurt like hell. It was the kind of pain that literally had me on the floor shaking, crying, and feeling like my whole body might rattle apart. I felt the way as I did as a kid, but then I forced myself to remember I was grown up. It was sort of like going back in time to pick that little girl up and tell her it was okay, and not her fault.

It really changed so much, and while I'll still remember a lot of those things and I might get a pang, those memories do not have an eighth of the ability to paralyze me as they used to. They're just memories, but they don't kick me around because I accept. It hurt, and while it sounds like another cliche', it was like being set free.

I just think it's best to reckon with it and accept these things happened. There will never come a time when you don't have past situations that will mess with your head. No one in this world is perfect, no one in this world makes all the right choices all the time, no one in this world always says the right thing. We're human, we f**k up, we react too emotionally sometimes and sometimes we behave in ways we wish we hadn't.

I think it's best to accept that, think about all things we can do to improve, and be ready to do it all over again the next time a situation arises that is painful, embarrassing, or challenging.
    beautiful!! words of wisdom!
    i am right there with you. you really said it.

to me, it is good to embrace your bad memories, take them in as a part of yourself. use them as tools to guide you, to shape yourself into a great person.
    i think it is good to have a holistic view of yourself - the complete picture.
    it is important to find the strength in yourself that can overcome ALL THINGS. to try to really love your self, or at least find some contentment and acceptance of who you are.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I just think it's best to reckon with it and accept these things happened. There will never come a time when you don't have past situations that will mess with your head. No one in this world is perfect, no one in this world makes all the right choices all the time, no one in this world always says the right thing. We're human, we f**k up, we react too emotionally sometimes and sometimes we behave in ways we wish we hadn't.

I think it's best to accept that, think about all things we can do to improve, and be ready to do it all over again the next time a situation arises that is painful, embarrassing, or challenging.
    Yeah, I agree with Kingfisher, you put it beautifully. Hopefully, these kinds of things don't happen too often, but I find that if you master this healing process, no matter how bad things get, you are totally prepared for it. And in effect, what may be difficult for most will be easy for you.