• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman Discovers Location of Corpse In Her Dream

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Of course humans didnt discover every hidden power and blah blah blah, and I dont think humans are the most intelligent beings on the earth (please no religion war :/)

However the story seems really fishy =/

rav3n

Interesting. If it was planned, what did she gain by going to the police and possibly incriminating herself? If it was for publicity, why would she get the victim wrong?
Guilt does funny things to people. It's possible that she knew about the circumstances surrounding the death of the victim and chose this route to allow the victim's body the respect of either a proper burial or cremation.

After all, who would suspect someone who had the wrong body and if she had nothing to do with the death, what better way of ensuring that the guilty parties don't come after her for knowledge since it was an unpreventable psychic experience.

KDude

Of course humans didnt discover every hidden power and blah blah blah, and I dont think humans are the most intelligent beings on the earth (please no religion war :/)

Who are the most intelligent beings?

And..umm.. why would that entail a religious war? :huh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[YOUTUBE="mlRK-DtcqC0"]Psychic Detective[/YOUTUBE]

not to kill the party, but note "ONION NEWS NETWORK

anyway... i think it's possible, but i'm not sold in this case. i think there are a lot of things that a lot of people don't tune into, but i feel like a lot of the people that are tuned into that kinda stuff go overboard with belief. i agree with whoever said that maybe it's something you can tap into sometimes, but not something that's "always on." and no, we don't "use only 10% of our brains" or whatever silly rumor, but there are combinations of brain functions we don't tap into very often. i guess my point is, the information is out there.

as for nostradamus, i feel like he wrote so much shit that you can pretty much interpret anything out of it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I am well aware that the ONN is not a legitimate news source. I posted it because it's funny and relevant.

haha, okay. sorry, just based off your post from before about humans not using most of their brains i was a little skeptical.

the news story is interesting though. i think psychic stuff deserves to looked into better.

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
"Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?" - Jay Leno

E

Epiphany

haha, okay. sorry, just based off your post from before about humans not using most of their brains i was a little skeptical.

If my reasoning was invalid, it's not like the notion that we only use a portion of our brain capacity is an uncommon misconception.

As far as Nostradamus' Hister (Hitler) prophecy, I got my information from a documentary called the Nostradamus Effect on the History channel. I didn't check to verify if the information presented was accurate, as much of it is left to interpretation anyway.

[YOUTUBE="HClK4F1AsR8"]Nostradamus Effect[/YOUTUBE]

E

Epiphany

Another fascinating documentary.

[YOUTUBE="oNc8se5X5ZE"]Third Anti-Christ[/YOUTUBE]

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Dreams just filter what we've experienced in the day. It's possible her subconscious mind just crunched some numbers or the area that was searched was a somewhat obvious location for dumped bodies.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Seriously, guys, it's one woman and a lucky coincidence. If there were stories of people everywhere digging up dead bodies because they dreamt them I would be intrigued, but the idea that one woman had a dream that lead to a body being dug up is well within plausibility. This is an excellent example of our tendency to count the hits and ignore the misses---people have dreams in which they see dead bodies all the time, and except for this instance, they were probably all false. But, of course, the media doesn't provide coverage of those stories, so we tend to only think about these sorts of "psychic" incidences in the rare moments that chance lines up in just the right way to produce an uncanny outcome, at which point the media throws a frenzy.

E

Epiphany

This is an excellent example of our tendency to count the hits and ignore the misses---people have dreams in which they see dead bodies all the time, and except for this instance, they were probably all false.

Really? I've never had a dream about dead bodies.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Have you?

Not that I can recall. The vast majority of the dreams we experience go completely unrecalled. But if you're going to take everything I said and focus on the aspect that you personally have not had a dream about finding a dead body then discussing the matter with you further is not really going to be worth my time.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
OK let's hypothesise here. Let us say that time is not linear (as many leading physicists now claim), and that all events leave a photographic-like imprint in waveform at sub-atomic level.

Let us also hypothesise that some people have a higher sensitivity to changes in these subatomic waves. Now let us look at the fact that, although the majority of people do not have that ability (somewhat like Sensing vs iNtuition) and that, not unlike de Bono's Hats exercise to supposedly make all people think laterally when all it does is partly explain how a natural lateral thinker thinks, the majority who don't have these skills have an incorrect perception of the skills. If we then extrapolate that to take into account that, like iNtuition, this ability has varying levels of strength.

Remember that this is a hypothesis and would not be considered fact until proven - which I expect it to eventually be. ;)

How then can you categorically deny the possibility??

E

Epiphany

Not that I can recall. The vast majority of the dreams we experience go completely unrecalled. But if you're going to take everything I said and focus on the aspect that you personally have not had a dream about finding a dead body then discussing the matter with you further is not really going to be worth my time.

This was your entire post. The underlined part is in reference to other people who have dreams of dead bodies.

Seriously, guys, it's one woman and a lucky coincidence. If there were stories of people everywhere digging up dead bodies because they dreamt them I would be intrigued, but the idea that one woman had a dream that lead to a body being dug up is well within plausibility. This is an excellent example of our tendency to count the hits and ignore the misses---people have dreams in which they see dead bodies all the time, and except for this instance, they were probably all false. But, of course, the media doesn't provide coverage of those stories, so we tend to only think about these sorts of "psychic" incidences in the rare moments that chance lines up in just the right way to produce an uncanny outcome, at which point the media throws a frenzy.

Anytime somebody makes a point to assert something, such as "Seriously, guys, it's one woman and a lucky coincidence" when there is no evidence to support your theory that it was simply a coincidence, I feel obligated to refute it. Then you claimed that lots of people have dreams of dead people and the media doesn't cover it. I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion that lots of people have dreams of dead bodies if you, yourself, don't recall having a dream about a dead body. If lots of people do, in fact, have dreams about dead bodies, but they forget the dreams, then how could we possibly know if their dreams were accurate? I'm not sure why you seemed to take offense to my post. I was simply replying to the premise of yours.

Remember that this is a hypothesis and would not be considered fact until proven - which I expect it to eventually be. ;)

Exactly! I don't understand people who try to limit possibilities without any evidence to do so.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

I am not "deny[ing] the possibility", I am merely withholding belief in the proposition until I start seeing some evidence that people are actually capable of precognition. I do not think that it is impossible for people to see the future. I merely think it is highly unlikely. So until I start seeing some statistically significant evidence that people are telling the future in unprecedented numbers, I see no reason to give credence to the odd incident here or there that resembles on the surface some sort of precognitive capacity.

That aside, I do find the statement you put forth intriguing, but I'll wait until your hypothesis is tested by people more capable than I to believe it or not.

E

Epiphany

I am not "deny[ing] the possibility", I am merely withholding belief in the proposition until I start seeing some evidence that people are actually capable of precognition. I do not think that it is impossible for people to see the future. I merely think it is highly unlikely. So until I start seeing some statistically significant evidence that people are telling the future in unprecedented numbers, I see no reason to give credence to the odd incident here or there that resembles on the surface some sort of precognitive capacity.

That aside, I do find the statement you put forth intriguing, but I'll wait until your hypothesis is tested by people more capable than I to believe it or not.

But you did deny the possibility when you declared that it was merely a coincidence and now you are backtracking. I'm curious what kind of evidence you are looking for when you dimiss an instance such as this as nothing more than a coincidence. Even if some people do have psychic powers to some extent, why would you assume that those powers could necessarily be harnessed and replicated within a laboratory in front of scientists to observe? If this woman's dream was legitimate and she had no involvement in the crime, she most likely did not give herself this dream, nor was it a conscious decision. Somehow, her mind tapped into that. Furthermore, you said that you are looking for "statistically significant evidence that people are telling the future in unprecedented numbers." I find this view quite narrowminded. Are you suggesting that if it doesn't happen frequently in large numbers, then it's not worth investigating or taking into consideration? I've made no assertions regarding this incident. I've merely asked questions.