• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing sleep patterns.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm trying right now. I should be asleep...

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I've caught some cudies, I sleep like 4 hours a day now...

It used to be a lot worse. Slept for 18 hours, was awake for a week, slept for 18 hours, was awake for a week, and so on, or slept 3 hour intervals for three days.

I also happen to be awake on U.S. time a lot.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I've caught some cudies, I sleep like 4 hours a day now...

It used to be a lot worse. Slept for 18 hours, was awake for a week, slept for 18 hours, was awake for a week, and so on, or slept 3 hour intervals for three days.

I also happen to be awake on U.S. time a lot.

Holy sh...

What was that like? (being awake for a week?)... after 2.5 days awake, I was going insane.

ryb

MBTI Type
INTP
Try to have no sleep pattern at all and you won't have to change it ;)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Do that and ill end up looking like your avatar.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
My pattern would be perfect if the day was 26 hours long.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Holy sh...

What was that like? (being awake for a week?)... after 2.5 days awake, I was going insane.

Numb and zombie-like. Like being on sertraline, escitalopram, or fluoxetine.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
When I try to change up my sleeping pattern, it tends to get 5x as wonky for a week or two. I'll try to stay up for a night, but crash or stay up almost two nights. Then I'll sleep too early in the day/wake up too early. Today, I was up at 6:30am and crashed for a few hours at 5pm. :shocking:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I wish I slept normal hours. Really, I do. Most of the time when I'm sleeping I'll automatically wake up 3-4 hours in and feel WIDE awake and be unable to fall back asleep.

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
If I'm stuck on base, I usually am stuck with sleeping at night and awake during the day. If I have a week's worth of vacation, I usually am awake at night and crashed during the day. I've always been like that, especially after I worked the night shift for a month.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My pattern would be perfect if the day was 26 hours long.

That is about right for me too. I hate having to "recalibrate" every couple of days just so I can get enough sleep to make it through the next day.