User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think he was saying that the challenge is low in the situation you described. So it would be relaxation.
    oh...i see because i said effortless....yeah well that's the deal tho isn't it when things flow they seem that way...even tho it isn't necessarily.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh...i see because i said effortless....yeah well that's the deal tho isn't it when things flow they seem that way...even tho it isn't necessarily.
    Yeah, that is very true. You are unaware of the effort.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...like when you have something really hard to do and as a p you procrastinate...it's overwhelming...you don't know how to get started you don't want to do it...and then the moment strikes...it's got to be done and you do it...and you're fast and efficient...it just flows...like a writer who's blocked for days and sits down to write a novel.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah...that's how i understand it too...was just asking slowriot what he meant...he seemed to be asking me if i meant something else...but...no.
    I think he was saying that the challenge is low in the situation you described. So it would be relaxation.
    Yes you are actually exerting a tremendous amount of effort, but it's almost like you aren't typically able to 'tap into' that degree of effort without the flow conditions.

2. One must have a good balance between the perceived challenges of the task at hand and his or her own perceived skills. One must have confidence that he or she is capable to do the task at hand.[8]
    3. The task at hand must have clear and immediate feedback. This helps the person negotiate any changing demands and allows him or her to adjust his or her performance to maintain the flow state.[8]
    Bold have been especially important for me. If I'm not able to get feedback I can just fall right out of it. And if I'm not confident in my skills then it doesn't matter how high they are, it's really difficult to find yourself in the zone/flow.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

i'm too emo for the flow

i kind of prefer it that way.

but when i'm there, it's all good. i just.. usually don't care anymore.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

the flow's mandatory, cause a round rectangle has an endless amount of edges

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1R70yOVj8"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Flow with the go

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    What do you say, would some type be more prone to have the flow experience than some other type?

I have a thought that a flow would be more important to people with strong preference to Ne. Any comments?
    To my mind the signature preference among the MBTI relating to `flow' is the only one not attributable to Jung: the J/P preference, which David Keirsey has said has more to do with closure VS open-endedness than either `judging' or `perceiving' per se.

I'm inclined to believe that those who prefer P to J would be more inclined to experience flow, but I suspect that J types can if they feel well-bounded between supposed beginnings and supposed dead-lines for any of their paint-by-numbers regions of time on their calenders, itineraries, or daily schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    the flow's mandatory, cause a round rectangle has an endless amount of edges
    That reminds me of the enormous feeling of flow I get go karting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That reminds me of the enormous feeling of flow I get go karting.
    Yes ! I know what you mean, tho never do it drunk or the flow does overtake you on midtrack ( a painful experience )

The flow too is the main reason why I ever learned english
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh i so wanna go go karting too right now...i could use a lil flow i am bored outta my gourd at the moment...actually it feels like weeks now. :/
    -Jim Morrison