User Tag List

First 12

Smile The Medium is the Message

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    While you are quite articulate and stylistically unique, I find the content of your posts dreadfully boring and repetitive.
    You are quite right Sim. I repeat things over and over again. I repeat myself and I repeat myself again like a parrot. But I am sure as you know, there is method in my madness.

You notice I repeat the content over and over and over again, knowing full well that any repetition will induce a trance. I get you to focus on the content, I arouse your emotions, I even get you to criticise me, and then as the coup de grâce, I complain, I complain to the high heavens that you are criticising me and making ad hominem attacks.

And by this time you are fully focused on the content and I can let the medium do its work, for the medium is the message.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My response to this thread is that the OP is clearly an Fi dom who feels a sense of loathing toward his inferior Te.

Oh, and then there's that whole conspiracy theory Ni. Sim's prediction of ISFP is right on target.

Oops. There I go, putting you into a category. But then again, this is an MBTI site, so quelle surprise, dude.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are quite right Sim. I repeat things over and over again. I repeat myself and I repeat myself again like a parrot. But I am sure as you know, there is method in my madness.

You notice I repeat the content over and over and over again, knowing full well that any repetition will induce a trance. I get you to focus on the content, I arouse your emotions, I even get you to criticise me, and then as the coup de grâce, I complain, I complain to the high heavens that you are criticising me and making ad hominem attacks.
    Your ego is out of control.

You've built up such an outrageously narcissistic self-image as some kind of visionary prophet destined to save the world from the evils of MBTI that you're no longer capable of taking in any new information from the external world. Anything that contradicts your narcissistic fantasies is rejected as a defense mechanism. (Talk about Fi+Ni loop!)

You are not inducing a trance in me. I am not in a trance. The "method" to your madness is simply building up your own ego by pretending your bizarre and misguided conspiracy theories represent some form of magical truth that only you, The Prophet, can truly understand, because it supports your overwhelming desire to view yourself as supremely unique and perceptive.

The greatest irony here is how grossly incapable you are of actually understanding the perspectives from which personality categorization is approached, juxtaposed against your hilariously inflated opinion of yourself as the only one capable of seeing "the real truth." You're so painfully out of touch with any truth that conflicts with your enormously egotistical Prophet fantasy that you obscure your own view of most of the perspectives you pride yourself on understanding fully.

And yet, again and again, you repeat the same nonsense, demonstrating nothing but your own utter failure to truly identify with any perspective other than your own.

You are so incapable of stepping outside the bounds of your own biases that, rather than actually try thinking critically about how others approach the categorization process and recognizing that the categories are constantly changed and updated to better reflect the individuals they describe, you are forced to conclude that the whole thing must be some grand international conspiracy that only you, The Prophet, in your infinite wisdom and delusions of grandeur, have been capable of discerning.

Even worse is that you'll probably never realize this. Even now your vastly overblown ego is inventing ways to dismiss everything I'm saying and convince yourself that it's all invalid because I, as a lowly peasant who tragically lacks your God-given prophetic powers of supernatural insight, am simply too imperceptive to recognize the real truth of this insidious plot to destroy all human individuality that somehow, somehow, no one but you has ever been clever enough to pick up on.

Isn't it more likely that you're simply delusional? No no, of course not--it's everyone else who's delusional, not The Prophet!

And by this time you are fully focused on the content and I can let the medium do its work, for the medium is the message.
    Translation: "Haha, I have outsmarted you once again by tricking you into doing exactly what I wanted, because I am so clever/unique/perceptive, haha!"

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    My response to this thread is that the OP is clearly an Fi dom who feels a sense of loathing toward his inferior Te.

Oh, and then there's that whole conspiracy theory Ni. Sim's prediction of ISFP is right on target.

Oops. There I go, putting you into a category. But then again, this is an MBTI site, so quelle surprise, dude.
    I think it's more that he's threatened by TiFe than Te. Note his constant references to "DOUBLE BLIND STUDIES OMG OMG OMG" whenever he wants to bash MBTI--it's very Te. By insisting upon empirical evidence for an idea that makes no empirically demonstrable claim, he has a conveniently perpetual excuse to dismiss it on Thinking grounds as well as Feeling.

Ti likes to build models and categories for everything and Fe likes to create collective moral standards that can be applied broadly to everyone (which necessitates a lesser degree of moral individuality.) Both of these ideas are so extraordinarily threatening to Victor's FiTe value system that the only way he can cope with them is by inventing highly intricate conspiracy theories painting himself as a visionary prophet charged by God with the task of ridding the world of the evils of TiFe.

He's romanticized his presence on a typology forum, the very source of the Evil itself, as some sort of brave and noble crusade to strike directly at the heart of Evil. He believes himself to be on some sort of sacred quest in the name of Good (his idea of Good, of course, being FiTe), and the quixotic nature of this effort (he probably knows it'll never really get anywhere) only serves to reinforce his ego's romanticized ideal. "I'll continue to fight Evil until the day I die, no matter how hopeless it seems, because I'm a TRUE hero!"

I think he may legitimately suffer from Paranoid Personality Disorder. I'm not even kidding when I say I hope he'll choose to seek psychiatric help at some point.

(And no, Victor, I don't propose that anyone force you to do that if you don't want to. I simply hope that you'll one day choose to do so of your own accord.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Your ego is out of control.

You've built up such an outrageously narcissistic self-image as some kind of visionary prophet destined to save the world from the evils of MBTI that you're no longer capable of taking in any new information from the external world. Anything that contradicts your narcissistic fantasies is rejected as a defense mechanism. (Talk about Fi+Ni loop!)

You are not inducing a trance in me. I am not in a trance. The "method" to your madness is simply building up your own ego by pretending your bizarre and misguided conspiracy theories represent some form of magical truth that only you, The Prophet, can truly understand, because it supports your overwhelming desire to view yourself as supremely unique and perceptive.

The greatest irony here is how grossly incapable you are of actually understanding the perspectives from which personality categorization is approached, juxtaposed against your hilariously inflated opinion of yourself as the only one capable of seeing "the real truth." You're so painfully out of touch with any truth that conflicts with your enormously egotistical Prophet fantasy that you obscure your own view of most of the perspectives you pride yourself on understanding fully.

And yet, again and again, you repeat the same nonsense, demonstrating nothing but your own utter failure to truly identify with any perspective other than your own.

You are so incapable of stepping outside the bounds of your own biases that, rather than actually try thinking critically about how others approach the categorization process and recognizing that the categories are constantly changed and updated to better reflect the individuals they describe, you are forced to conclude that the whole thing must be some grand international conspiracy that only you, The Prophet, in your infinite wisdom and delusions of grandeur, have been capable of discerning.

Even worse is that you'll probably never realize this. Even now your vastly overblown ego is inventing ways to dismiss everything I'm saying and convince yourself that it's all invalid because I, as a lowly peasant who tragically lacks your God-given prophetic powers of supernatural insight, am simply too imperceptive to recognize the real truth of this insidious plot to destroy all human individuality that somehow, somehow, no one but you has ever been clever enough to pick up on.

Isn't it more likely that you're simply delusional? No no, of course not--it's everyone else who's delusional, not The Prophet!

Translation: "Haha, I have outsmarted you once again by tricking you into doing exactly what I wanted, because I am so clever/unique/perceptive, haha!"

I think it's more that he's threatened by TiFe than Te. Note his constant references to "DOUBLE BLIND STUDIES OMG OMG OMG" whenever he wants to bash MBTI--it's very Te. By insisting upon empirical evidence for an idea that makes no empirically demonstrable claim, he has a conveniently perpetual excuse to dismiss it on Thinking grounds as well as Feeling.

Ti likes to build models and categories for everything and Fe likes to create collective moral standards that can be applied broadly to everyone (which necessitates a lesser degree of moral individuality.) Both of these ideas are so extraordinarily threatening to Victor's FiTe value system that the only way he can cope with them is by inventing highly intricate conspiracy theories painting himself as a visionary prophet charged by God with the task of ridding the world of the evils of TiFe.

He's romanticized his presence on a typology forum, the very source of the Evil itself, as some sort of brave and noble crusade to strike directly at the heart of Evil. He believes himself to be on some sort of sacred quest in the name of Good (his idea of Good, of course, being FiTe), and the quixotic nature of this effort (he probably knows it'll never really get anywhere) only serves to reinforce his ego's romanticized ideal. "I'll continue to fight Evil until the day I die, no matter how hopeless it seems, because I'm a TRUE hero!"

I think he may legitimately suffer from Paranoid Personality Disorder. I'm not even kidding when I say I hope he'll choose to seek psychiatric help at some point.

(And no, Victor, I don't propose that anyone force you to do that if you don't want to. I simply hope that you'll one day choose to do so of your own accord.)

1) I don't understand how he can lecture us about community and dialogue and acceptance of other cultures when he seems to primarily talk to himself with these self-congratulatory diatribes. It's weird to me that he says he wants to promote true intimacy and sharing and people being authentic and acting as a community, but then alienates others with his posting style.

2) If he has a problem with TiFe more than Te, why do I enjoy the categories of MBTI, typology, and function theory so much? Why am I interested in it? It seems like Te would also want to find categories to assess human behavior, etc. to make it seem more "orderly"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Let's humor him. He's harmless ... we can read Wind In the Whatevers and sing Kumbaya, wait a minute, where's my guitar, ok, here w'go, key of G ...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Let's humor him. He's harmless ... we can read Wind In the Whatevers and sing Kumbaya, wait a minute, where's my guitar, ok, here w'go, key of G ...
    I actually love The Wind in the Willows. I did one of my student projects on it in college.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Well, there y'go. What a small world and how much we all have in common, right?

And I'll just close with a smilie and run before the Fe police come after me 'cause I hear the sirens in the distance...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

1) I don't understand how he can lecture us about community and dialogue and acceptance of other cultures when he seems to primarily talk to himself with these self-congratulatory diatribes. It's weird to me that he says he wants to promote true intimacy and sharing and people being authentic and acting as a community, but then alienates others with his posting style.
    Excellent point.

2) If he has a problem with TiFe more than Te, why do I enjoy the categories of MBTI, typology, and function theory so much? Why am I interested in it? It seems like Te would also want to find categories to assess human behavior, etc. to make it seem more "orderly"
    I would suggest that your fascination with typology is more Ne-oriented, because you like finding patterns and connections between ideas.

Te won't appreciate any kind of categorization until it can be supported objectively and measurably. Ne, on the other hand, appreciates it as long as it can see any kind of correlation, whether or not it's particularly precise.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The Nuremberg War Crimes Trials after WW II found that aggression, that is, invading another country, is a war crime.
    So all those poor sods who hit the Normandy beaches on D-Day should have been packed off to Nuremberg along with Bormann, Hess, et. al., or at least their leadership should have been. What is the difference between an invasion and a liberation???

Observations painted with such broad strokes sacrifice precision and sometimes coherence, especially when laced with loaded terminology.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Victor...

You crack me up sometimes, man