User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    (also I'd be rather embarrassed if I posted something and then no one responded )...
    You never know though who might have read your words and benefited or been touched and never responded.

Other than Uber, I think I may have started the most threads. I am not sure what that means...

I find IRL, I change the topic of conversation frequently.

It never occurred to me to be self-conscious about these particular things. I am very much an introvert. But when I have a question on my mind, I have an incredibly pressing need to find an answer. Asking someone is often a good way to get some leads.

Most of my threads involved finding an answer to a question on my mind. Really, I don't forum much. I found this one when I was learning more about personality, and this is the one I like best of the ones I visited. Perhaps the questions I asked would have been better posed elsewhere.

There was also a lot of fluffy threads that I thought would be fun.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Also, the search function we have isn't very good. So I use Google.
    I know most people already know how to do this, but it may be instructive to some.

In Google's form, type:

site:typologycentral.com <your search term here>

For example:

site:typologycentral.com intellectual - Google Search

I was going to post something on Intellectual Freedom, so I did this search to see if something like this existed. Then I found Toonia's thread (her introduction?) which lead to Dana and me bumping that one. Hope that was helpful to some.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You never know though who might have read your words and benefited or been touched and never responded.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it... but I'm still disappointed that no one liked it enough to say anything if that happens. I guess I have a need to be praised to feel good about myself for some reason.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

As a person who probably does start quite a few threads at points, I go through phases. Sometimes everything seems so obvious and so I respond to threads (often this coincides with me feeling more withdrawn and T-ish). Other times I want to discuss stuff and get things out there to have a poke around and figure out things with other's perspectives. Often this is because I think I'm close to an answer but am lacking something.

One thing I have noted with my thread starting behaviour is I feel almost duty bound to respond to everyone who replies. It's like a compulsion!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    One thing I have noted with my thread starting behaviour is I feel almost duty bound to respond to everyone who replies. It's like a compulsion!
    *Whimsically throws a reply in Xander's general direction and looks away*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    *Whimsically throws a reply in Xander's general direction and looks away*
    :steam: Catch 22'd!!! :steam:

One's I start!!! Not all the threads!!
    :steam:
    Though I did have to reply to this one to explain that :steam:

God damn ENTPs!!!

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I generally don't start to many threads at all on forums. As for responding to threads. For every response I post theres usually 10+ responses that I've typed up but at the last minute decide not to post for some reason, or I totally rewrite it all numerous times before I finally do hit that "submit reply" button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I usually only start a thread when I have a question.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I generally don't start to many threads at all on forums. As for responding to threads. For every response I post theres usually 10+ responses that I've typed up but at the last minute decide not to post for some reason, or I totally rewrite it all numerous times before I finally do hit that "submit reply" button.
    I have done this about 47 times a day, and it's really annoying me. I type out this whole long dissertation and then proof read it before posting, decide that it was pointless and delete it, and go back to lurking. I don't know why I do this, but I am sure there is a deep psychological factor that I am missing, or just shyness.

(here's to hoping I will press 'Submit Reply')

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I have done this about 47 times a day, and it's really annoying me. I type out this whole long dissertation and then proof read it before posting, decide that it was pointless and delete it, and go back to lurking. I don't know why I do this, but I am sure there is a deep psychological factor that I am missing, or just shyness.

(here's to hoping I will press 'Submit Reply')
    I used to be afraid to post, and then I realized that people didn't know where I lived, so they couldn't come and hurt me.

Also, after reading some really far-fetched opinions by people who actually believed they were right, I realized that I have just as much right to my opinion as anybody else does.