User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I share the same sentiment, I absolutely dread starting new threads and like the others here, I only do so when I am 100% certain the idea would work or have gained enough support for it. For an online community I've been involved with since 2004, I have created a measly seven topics! I'm more confident about it now as I usually get a good number of responses, but yikes, I would still avoid it if I can! That's why I love discussing ideas on a one-on-one basis, so I can have a back-up plan for those drawbacks before I present my arguments to the public & have it smashed logically into smithereens. (I don't mind if this is done privately, I'd just loathe for it to be done publicly.) Could this be the self-fulling prophecy of an INTJ's need to be 'right'?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Why? Frankly, the only reason I can come up with for now is: because my thoughts are my thoughts, and it just doesn't occur to me to share them with others *uninvited*. I'm not sure why I feel that way, I just do
    I should act more like you because I share my thoughts too much in real life. I try to censor myself online.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I act more like you because I share my thoughts too much in real life. I try to censor myself online.
    No, you shouldn't act more like me, because if everyone acted like me, humanity would still be stuck in the Stone Age, because nobody would ever think of spontaneously sharing their insights with others

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    No, you shouldn't act more like me, because if everyone acted like me, humanity would still be stuck in the Stone Age, because nobody would ever think of spontaneously sharing their insights with others

But you're an INFJ-Jesus!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    But you're an INFJ-Jesus!!
    Precisely

What kind of contribution to *practical* matters did Jesus do? You know, in fields such as technology, politics, sciences, medicine, gardening, *whatever* is actually *useful* in bringing a civilisation out of the Stone Age ?

Moreover, even when He *did* talk, people usually went home with those big question marks over their heads: "What did He mean? What does it all mean? How are we supposed to apply that?" And so on...

I'm telling ya: stuck in the Stone Age, that's where we'd all be. Stuck AND mightily confused

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

It's because there are always more responses than there are threads. Nature of internet forums and all.

*sage nod*

Seriously, though, I agree with dissonance.
    Not really.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Uhhhh +1

I also seldom start threads... well I don't reply to many things either, but I start threads even less. I think it has more to do with Ni than anything else. If I have an idea... I tend to just mull it over in my head. Most stuff I come up with I found difficult to articulate. If it's just going to confused people... then I rather not start a thread.

Most of the time I just think of people as my friends and I just naturally share ideas and ask questions. I just flow. I wouldn't want to over-analyze a thing like expression because that would take the point (and the fun) out of it. I want to flow now and always, and if that means that I might start a junk thread, I can just flow away from it and continue on unscathed. To me, expression is flow, not where you're flowing to.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Most of the time I just think of people as my friends and I just naturally share ideas and ask questions. I just flow.
    You DomNe, you Can't be bothered to stop and think before you talk, heh ?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've started a few, but mine tend to be fluffier ones that not many people can relate to or want to respond to!!

In general though, I haven't created many because I don't have anything particularly compelling or earth-shattering that I want to share (also I'd be rather embarrassed if I posted something and then no one responded ). And I tend to post something when I'm actually seeking responses and feedback from others...recently, I haven't had anything in my life that I want feedback on. Also, many other people come up with very good threads that are relevant to my life on some level, so one could say other peoples' threads cover my own needs. :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ