User Tag List

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default language disorder a Ne + Fi / Ti thing ?

I have this weird problem of the mouth babbling and the mind being elsewhere. I am very precise in my work and draw on myself to be precise in language aswell. But no matter how hard I try, the moment I get in touch with people, who for example work in networking and such things, they show me through their language skills that mine are like that of a stoneage newbie.

I thought about getting language training to improve on that. I noticed that in comparism to a friend at work, who is quite good with his speaking skills, I am better at multi-tasking and quickly changing my mind between complex topics. Thats a thing he sometimes looks very retarded at, while I look very retarded when I speak :/.

Do you think this could be related to a Ne + Fi / Ti combo or even have similiar experiences ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Glycerine

I'm not sure, man. I have that problem... I call it "analysis paralysis". It might just be that you are psyching yourself out.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It's really not uncommon at all. Do you find more difficulty with demand language than when you are reeling off your own ideas?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think there are moments when your brain is in hyperdrive and you can't seem to gather the words quick enough to do the thoughts justice and others where they are totally in sync and occurring at the same time and they come out very eloquent and exact....so an issue at times yeah but not always...and is it about your mind being elsewhere? that's not how i experience it. unless i'm misunderstanding your meaning.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I sympathize; I have a problem with verbal articulacy. I always sound more ignorant than I am, which is extremely frustating. Its almost like I don't speak English fluently (which I do; its my first language) and am trying, and failing, to clearly translate my thoughts from my actual native language.

I can't say if its a Fi/Ne thing, though.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I sympathize; I have a problem with verbal articulacy. I always sound more ignorant than I am, which is extremely frustating. Its almost like I don't speak English fluently (which I do; its my first language) and am trying, and failing, to clearly translate my thoughts from my actual native language.

I can't say if its a Fi/Ne thing, though.
    Something similar, I was asked if I was born somewhere else where English wasn't the primary language. I told the person, "I was born in this city and have lived in this city since."

I think in my case, I want to articulate what I say correctly, especially when it is someone that I don't know too fairly well (so that misunderstandings don't happen.) Others may either see it as I'm slow or that I'm a foreigner of some sort trying to translate to what I am trying to say in English. When it comes to writing or typing, it isn't as bad as things lay out fairly well.

ughhh...I hate that feeling, sometimes I feel outgoing and confident when getting to know people, but even though my confidence has healed from
    the times when I was set up to feel like I had an audience because someone
    thought it was funny...they wanted to be the center of attention and didn't
    want to admit it so someone to divert rumors or teasing onto was required...
    sometimes I wonder how I turned out normal.

ENTJ

People wonder why I don't waste my time on things like cliques or seeking out relationships
    that seem too perfect to be real because I've learned there are people out there that know
    you're smarter than given credit for

You all took the words out of my mouth, ironically.

I guess it's nice knowing it's not uncommon.

I don't know if it's Ne/Fi either.. I've read that Fe is good at communication though (and.. Te as well, although with a more impersonal style).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

hm. sometimes it takes me a while to work to develop my idea, but once i get there, i'm pretty articulate about it.

i'm better at both writing and speaking when given time to revise and refine my ideas, but not necessarily the speech or writing itself. like... i have to understand what i'm getting at first before i can get to it, lol. i'll start out having some intuitive (literally, not necessarily MBTI) "i have something to say about this" and then throw my ideas out, but i almost always need to reorganize them.

edit - this post is case in point, lol. had to reorganize to make it clear once i'd figured out what i was trying to say.