User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I remember when I played american football, the coaches and captains would try to rile everybody up into a frenzy and I'm just standing there thinking, "What the hell is wrong with these people."
    LOL. I find myself thinking that all the time. I can't watch any kind of show with an audience now because all that mad noise and applause makes me soooo irritated. Show some fucking discrimination people!

I can't remember the last time I felt enthusiastic about anything.

I have to work myself up just to feel apathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Enthusiasm!

What naturally causes you to get enthusiastic?
    WOOOOOO! I mean, people who are enthusiastic. People I know who tends to be enthusiastic, tend to be contagious (in a good way.)

Music can get me enthusiastic.

Do you believe you get better results when you're enthusiastic?
    I usually get better results when I'm calm. Too much enthusiasm might make it worse. Not a bad thing though.

How do you bring it into your life/job/home/etc if it isn't there?
    Get people worked up.
    Do something fun.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

At work, it's all about the quality of interaction. I can do without it, but if someone brings me into the circle and talks to me and they're appreciative, my drive kicks in to compete with myself, to see if I can do even better.

Also if I see that the people I'm orchestrating are falling into the same groove, competing with themselves to do their best, that makes me very excited.

So I guess it's seeing positive interaction bring better results, seeing everyone feel good about the job they did and understanding how it contributed to the whole.

I can live fine without any recognition from the top down to me, but I can't live with the folks I delegate to being unhappy, so if there is not enthusiasm, I make some, but it's mostly not enthusiasm, it's strength of commitment. I motivate them to commit to the project and praise them as I see them exhibiting that, and it works, and the cycle of happy starts to flow.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Marching bands. That sounds so obvious but I freak out with happy energies EVERY TIME.

When I get a clear idea of what I want to do on a new project and I can picture how to get it done from beginning to end without those fuzzy holes in planning.

Singing out loud in the car or lip syncing to my favorite songs in the mirror. It just gets me going and feeling like a rock star.

Performing improvisational theater and making crowds laugh. Performing in general.

A new story idea that grabs me and starts painting itself inside my head really vividly.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Phantonym

Enthusiasm!

I don't really get enthusiastic that much. However, it has been known to happen. Having a definite focus on something, knowing what exactly is needed to get to the end result, knowing that all I have to do is play around with the pieces of the puzzle the way I like and things will fall into their place as I have envisioned. That's really something that gets me going, I like feeling the rush as if I'm speeding, but I also like knowing that things are under my control.

Edit: Oh, yeah, mooching off of other people's enthusiasm works as well.

Edit edit: Music!

Probably. When I feel good, getting things done is more enjoyable, or rather, the negative parts get more easily discarded so I won't be dwelling on them.

I don't. Well, it kind of feels forced if it's not happening on its own. So, I wait until I get into the mood. It'll get here, eventually.

your resident asshole

Enthusiasm!

Most of the time I catch the enthusiasm from people with a lot of energy. Either that or I am annoyed at their enthusiasm.

I dunno about that, but I do know that enthusiasm makes me a happier person.

I don't. I just stay calm if there is no energy for me to feed off of. :p

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Enthusiasm!

A nice sunny sky with fresh weather, topping a mountain, trying to understand something really complex, extremely loud music, nice natural scenery, dancing while drunk. I'd say topping a mountain is what gives the highest enthusiastic feeling though. Also sometimes competition makes me enthusiastic but it's a bit of an antisocial enthusiasm, I don't necessarily like it.

I believe I perceive my results as better when I'm enthusiastic, although I don't think they're objectively better. An exception could be sports - however even in that case there's an optimal level of enthusiasm, too much will result in excessive effort during the early part of a performance.

I plan / do activities that I know will give me enthusiasm

One thing that's funny, is I'm very much immune to being pushed around by the enthusiasm of other people, especially if I feel like it's manufactured. I remember when I played american football, the coaches and captains would try to rile everybody up into a frenzy and I'm just standing there thinking, "What the hell is wrong with these people." Sometimes, I even find myself deflating others' enthusiasm balloons when they're too excited!
    I truly dislike this setting, too, but you'll actually find that many people are just faking it...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    I don't like enthusiasm...it makes me feel disconnected.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Enthusiasm!
    Uncanny! That's exactly how my INTP looks at me when I'm all

Uncanny! That's exactly how my INTP looks at me when I'm all

Reminds me of this video.

Katy Perry - California Gurls(stupid youtube didn't allow embedding.)

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Enthusiasm!

Haha, i'm thinking not everyone will appreciate this but....
    Every morning i wake up and go into my kids room and wake them up by smiling and saying in a jolly voice
    "Good morning my beautiful children, it's time to wake up"
    It starts the day well, on a positive, and it does actually have a genuinely good effect on the household mood.

I'm one of those people who is happy most of the time, and usually have a smile on my face. It's genuine though and i am quite motivating to most who know me IRL, so it dosn't come across as annoying.
    I tend to be more serious in the forums, but i'm often having a little chuckle reading some of the funny replies here.

I have a dark side too
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"