First 123 Last

Thread: Neurosis

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

funny thread. agreed, psychological, not physiological.

when i was experiencing extreme neurosis, not only was i paranoid and avoidant, but i also constantly obsessed about how i might have this disease, or that virus. "maybe i have cancer." "oh god, i'm pregnant." "i'm going to die of this disease that there is no cure for!" every symptom led me to believe i would probably die.

i agree, there were definitely underlying emotional causes.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    funny thread. agreed, psychological, not physiological.

when i was experiencing extreme neurosis, not only was i paranoid and avoidant, but i also constantly obsessed about how i might have this disease, or that virus. "maybe i have cancer." "oh god, i'm pregnant." "i'm going to die of this disease that there is no cure for!" every symptom led me to believe i would probably die.

i agree, there were definitely underlying emotional causes.
    werd.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Hm. I don't think I have any of the other risk factors for diabetes... obesity or cholesterol or blood pressure (?). Next time I'm at the doctor I'll try to remember to check. It doesn't feel like I'm drinking more water than I used to, just that I'm more concerned about there being enough water for me to drink. That is a good point that maybe it's some other anxiety. There have been several somewhat stressful events which occurred earlier this year that I couldn't really control. I will consider some more.

It's a little bit silly almost, because, of all the things you could obsess over, drinking water is probably one of the healthiest (physiologically speaking), right?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hm. I don't think I have any of the other risk factors for diabetes... obesity or cholesterol or blood pressure (?). Next time I'm at the doctor I'll try to remember to check. It doesn't feel like I'm drinking more water than I used to, just that I'm more concerned about there being enough water for me to drink. That is a good point that maybe it's some other anxiety. There have been several somewhat stressful events which occurred earlier this year that I couldn't really control. I will consider some more.

It's a little bit silly almost, because, of all the things you could obsess over, drinking water is probably one of the healthiest (physiologically speaking), right?
    Correct. It would make 0 sense if it was a physiological thing. It makes perfect sense. I wouldn't worry too much about worrying. And chances are, it will pass soon.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's pretty much the definition of "neurosis."
    I guess so, I just meant that I don't think anyone gets diagnosed with having a "neurosis" these days. But who can really keep up with psychoanalytic terminology (actually I don't think anyone uses psychoanalytic anymore either).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    honestly, it's kinda a cute neurosis.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by La de Longe View Post
    I guess so, I just meant that I don't think anyone gets diagnosed with having a "neurosis" these days. But who can really keep up with psychoanalytic terminology (actually I don't think anyone uses psychoanalytic anymore either).
    You're right that no one is told that they have a neurosis, because they're seen as more symptomatic than pathological. The important part is focusing on the underlying issues that evoke the neurotic behavior.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

my neurosis gives me insomnia.

I just noticed this on facebook... Photographic. Evidence.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

you seem like in heaven on both pics