Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    Oh come on... I can dream, can't I? (INFP)

But yet, I think the evidence is irrefutable. We ARE inter-breeding, and I cheer.
    Yeah I'm all for inter-breeding but I'm just saying that this human tendency isn't going to go away just because of biracial people. It's only through accepting it for what it really is, and actually doing something about it, that the problem will actually be dealt with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Very true, but with global communication and transportation, I believe (personally), that one race is inevitable.

And I look forward to it, although I'm sure it will not happen in our lifetime, unfortunately.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Very true, but with global communication and transportation, I believe (personally), that one race is inevitable.

And I look forward to it, although I'm sure it will not happen in our lifetime, unfortunately.
    Well, actually, from a biological standpoint we're all actually about 99% genetically the same anyway. A white man can have more in common genetically with a black man than another white man. I don't think differences are necessarily a bad thing.

I mean, the problem with globalism is that I think some people want a one-world culture, and I don't think that's the answer, either. Tolerance and acceptance and appreciation is the answer, not bland sameness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That's a nice dream, but actually there is a cross-cultural human tendency toward preferring one's "in group" (whatever that happens to be, and isn't merely about race) and it manifests itself in children as a healthy preference for trusting one's own family. The problem is, if that tribalism...instinct (?) is left unchecked, it results in adults who are racist, nationalist, etc.
    I've heard this argument before, and I've always thought it was bollocks (no disrespect to you, esp since I don't think you're actually advocating it). It reads to me like a nice way to justify prejudices of all kind & intolerance because hey! it's a natural human tendency! instead of wanting to evolve past it.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

yep... I'm one of the last blondes that will ever exist. Supposedly the last one shall be born in Finland in 2015 (I think).

It'll make the human race kind of boring to observe though, if it becomes homogenous. And until that happens, I don't think racial elitism will go away.

You'll have the whole "Blackinese RULE over the Germaguayans". And even when we do become the gray race, we'll find other ways to discriminate.

Enter NATALISM. All the snooty bigwigs will be Capricorns who turn their noses up at blue-collar Virgos. We'll need affirmative action for the Pisceans. The Sagittariuses will be faced with threat of deportation to Jupiter. (Which will no doubt be possible by the time the human race becomes homogenous.)
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I've heard this argument before, and I've always thought it was bollocks (no disrespect to you, esp since I don't think you're actually advocating it). It reads to me like a nice way to justify prejudices of all kind & intolerance because hey! it's a natural human tendency! instead of wanting to evolve past that.
    Rather than justifying, it's accepting certain things as reality so it can be dealt with. I think avoiding it is just going to do more damage.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    yep... I'm one of the last blondes that will ever exist. Supposedly the last one shall be born in Finland in 2015 (I think).

It'll make the human race kind of boring to observe though, if it becomes homogenous. And until that happens, I don't think racial elitism will go away.

You'll have the whole "Blackinese RULE over the Germaguayans". And even when we do become the gray race, we'll find other ways to discriminate.

Enter NATALISM. All the CEOs will be Capricorns. We'll need affirmative action for the Pisceans. The Sagittariuses will be faced with threat of deportation to Jupiter. (Which will no doubt be possible by the time the human race becomes homogenous.)
    Yes, this is what I'm trying to explain. People WILL find A REASON to discriminate ... whether it is because of wealth, race, or MBTI personality type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

It's the cultural differences that matter. And by in-breeding, we will eventually resolve those cultural differences.

Call me what you will, but I think we should give tax credits to inter-racial marriages, and inter-racial offspring.

P.S. Remember though, that this statement is coming from a spiritual atheist. Does that make sense? Who knows? I believe we are in the early stages of enlightenment, and that our offspring will laugh at our beliefs. I hope they will, at least. Just like we laugh at the "witch burners" who came before us, just a few generations ago.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's the cultural differences that matter. And by in-breeding, we will eventually resolve those cultural differences.

Call me what you will, but I think we should give tax credits to inter-racial marriages, and inter-racial offspring.

P.S. Remember though, that this statement is coming from a spiritual atheist. Does that make sense? Who knows? I believe we are in the early stages of enlightenment, and that our offspring will laugh at our beliefs. I hope they will, at least. Just like we laugh at the "witch burners" who came before us, just a few generations ago.
    What you're calling "the early stages of enlightenment" I'm just thinking is a strong opinion that you have toward globalism. Inter-racial offspring isn't going to make everything magically go away, and I'm not exactly gung-ho about watering down people's unique, diverse, beautiful, fascinating cultures, myself.

I'd rather have a salad than a melting pot, where everyone is still free to keep their personal identity while living in harmony, instead of blending together into one uniform substance.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Wow. Well-said, and food for thought.

I guess I just see it differently. I've never understood racism.

NOT a dispersion on you (you know I like your posts), I guess I just have a (forgive me, please), more abstract view of it all.

I've NEVER understood the cultural bickering that goes on. I just don't get it.