User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Just no revolutions around kids.. that's my only rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Revolution time!
    i agree. but it will end up something like this.

Most of my family is racist, or prejudice in some way towards the majority and/or culture of one "race" or another.

My mother is dating an overweight black man, which is only interesting because she still calls certain kinds of black people "niggers" and also she calls fat people "fatties". He doesn't seem to care except when those words are directed at him.

My sister dates non-whites, primarily blacks, but they're always the stereotypical "Urkel" blacks or the well-mannered, conservatively dressed blacks.

My dad doesn't like anyone who isn't a christian fundamentalist, white racist(including me).

My grandparents are indifferent until someone in the family is suspected of "crossing certain lines". Some of my aunts/uncles/cousins are extremely racist against mexicans, blacks, asians and other hispanics, specifically.

I'm not racist, but I probably seem racist to some people who haven't had certain race conversations with me. I think it's fun to enter the racist's reality tunnel and try to think and act like a racist from time to time, but I like entering all kinds of reality tunnels because i'm an exopsychological explorer or something.

An example of my seemingly racist behavior: If I'm walking around downtown after sunset and I see a group of young black men hanging out on the sidewalk(especially in front of an alley) I will ALWAYS avoid them, either by walking across the street, changing directions or walking around a block through other side streets. This is not because I hate or despise blacks or because I think I am superior to them, but because blacks are much more violent than whites. I'm not afraid of being raped but I would like to avoid being beaten, robbed and/or murdered.

I am very tolerant of racists because I know they are carrying the old prejudices that were once important for maintaining tribal identity. Eventually these types of thoughts and behaviors will disappear, whether we attempt to change them or not.

Its like the conservatives who still believe we live in a god-fearing, capitalist republic or the old hippies who still think communism is relevant. They will die off eventually and in two or three generations people will look at racism the same way we look at child sacrifices today, a necessary relic from the past that no longer has any place in modern civilization.

BTW, the only non-racists in my family are the ones who are LOWER MIDDLE CLASS/POOR. The most racist of my family are upper middle class or upper class. This is not rare. Most racists probably are poor or undereducated, but most people are poor/middle class or undereducated. I'm sure that you'll find a greater percentage of racists in white upper class america than you will in white lower class america.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I've got practically white blonde hair and blue-grey eyes. Apparently people think I'm game for a yay-KKK discussion.

It'll happen at parties or social events once in a while...I'll get to talking to someone one-on-one, usually when we're both sloshed drunk, and then the guy (it's always been a guy so far) will start on about how I'm a "pretty girl" and to "stay away from the darkies" and how they're all just undiscovered criminals. Within a sentence or two of the nonsense, I'll stand up, give him a condescending pat and tell him, "You know, I'm going to walk around. You just sober up." They're usually too wasted to do anything other than stare at the wall with their glazed eyes and continue mumbling...

And then I have my 6 year old cousin (Hannah). Her parents are horridly racist (yes, that includes my aunt...) and taught her to be just as bad.

Once, I had to watch the snotworm for a week when her parents went on a "relationship cruise" or some Dr. Phil BS like that. (They paid me handsomely, and I needed the $$$) While we were going inside the post office, we bumped into a classmate/friend of mine, who happens to be black.

Hannah looked at her, and then me, and said "You know n----s?"

I was completely embarrassed and livid. I made her apologize right then and there, and then took the nasty barbie doll she was dragging around with her right out her hands and threw it in the garbage to teach her a lesson. Luckily, my friend understood and didn't hold it against me. This is only one reason I am NEVER having kids.

I just don't tolerate out-and-out racists. I just don't. Yes, I laugh at and make racist jokes, but it's always in good humor (and I include white people in the jokes), never in pure, irrational malice.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

BTW, the only non-racists in my family are the ones who are LOWER MIDDLE CLASS/POOR. The most racist of my family are upper middle class or upper class. This is not rare. Most racists probably are poor or undereducated, but most people are poor/middle class or undereducated. I'm sure that you'll find a greater percentage of racists in white upper class america than you will in white lower class america.
    Yep...in fact, I was taught this in a university level race and gender class..that poor and working class whites don't feel the same social distance from minorities who are socially disadvantaged for the same or other reasons...my class was literally told that middle and upper class whites feel like they have "more to lose" socially and are more likely to be racists.

And of course, in terms of African-American slavery in particular, the plantation owners were all quite wealthy. Subsistance farmers had no reason to have an interest in owning slaves, and poor Appalachian whites actually made up a significant number of Southerners who were opposed to slavery. This has something to do with why West Virginia suceeded from Virginia during the Civil War, in part.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

I try to school them. Personally, I believe the world will get a lot better, in many ways, when we have inter-married enough, and inter-reproduced enough... that we are one race.

Then, and only then, a lot of "problems" will go away.

Poof. Gone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    I try to school them. Personally, I believe the world will get a lot better, in many ways, when we have inter-married enough, and inter-reproduced enough... that we are one race.

Poof. Gone.
    That's a nice dream, but actually there is a cross-cultural human tendency toward preferring one's "in group" (whatever that happens to be, and isn't merely about race) and it manifests itself in children as a healthy preference for trusting one's own family. The problem is, if that tribalism...instinct (?) is left unchecked, it results in adults who are racist, nationalist, etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That's a nice dream, but actually there is a cross-cultural human tendency toward preferring one's "in group" (whatever that happens to be, and isn't merely about race) and it manifests itself in children as a healthy preference for trusting one's own family. The problem is, if that tribalism...instinct (?) is left unchecked, it results in adults who are racist, nationalist, etc.
    Oh come on... I can dream, can't I? (INFP)

But yet, I think the evidence is irrefutable. We ARE inter-breeding, and I cheer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post

Poof. Gone.
    Well, intermarrying itself doesn't eradicate racist thought & ideals. In the same vein, dating, befriending, or even birthing someone of a different race doesn't automatically mean a person isn't racist, solely through integration.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

But eventually... it will. By definition.

One race... the human race.