User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I find it very hard to stop thinking, but I know people who say they do that all the time, at will. They are surprised that I find it hard. Perhaps they find it similarly hard to stop feeling, while I find it easier.
    I've never heard anyone say they could stop thinking. Even when interacting or feeling, there are still thoughts going on, although maybe they're less mentally-challenging ones.

In other words, I don't believe it.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I've always assumed that everyone felt the same thing on the inside, but just showed it to greater or lesser degrees.
    I don't think what BRM is saying differs much from what you are thinking. Everyone feels the same feeling (unless literally unable too i.e. sociopath) it just seems that the intensity of the feelings are far greater in those who place them in values. The roots run a great deal deeper.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is something that we all master you know, some of the best reading I've done lately has been of Karen Horney and people developing her theories which are really a development of Freuds, the central point is that we dont just repress infantile sexuality but affect and emotion, if its a pretty harsh sort of repression which is integrated/becomes adaptive then a neurotic trend can begin.

I've got a book in my to be read pile which suggests that most adult difficulties stem from the subconscious realisation that you've betrayed yourself and been a phony from the earliest years of childhood when you compromise your infantile rage in order to get the love of parents or carers.
    Oh man---that's right up my alley.

I'm gonna have to check that out.

Any particular book or webpage you'd recommend?

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is something that we all master you know, some of the best reading I've done lately has been of Karen Horney and people developing her theories which are really a development of Freuds, the central point is that we dont just repress infantile sexuality but affect and emotion, if its a pretty harsh sort of repression which is integrated/becomes adaptive then a neurotic trend can begin.

I've got a book in my to be read pile which suggests that most adult difficulties stem from the subconscious realisation that you've betrayed yourself and been a phony from the earliest years of childhood when you compromise your infantile rage in order to get the love of parents or carers.
    Half of this makes sense the other half is all preference. Not everyone supresses rage, some supress hurt. Some people turn hurt into rage. I believe we all repress a portion of us. Who is to say that some dont repress thoughts, or drive, or anything. Why is it always feeling. What if our parents dont create rage in us. People put way to much emphasis into emotions that it leaves everyone else out.

I can see way more things that cause rage to even begin to believe that rage is at the core.
    Im out, its been fun