User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What do emotions ever gain you, aside of a momentary good feeling? I sometimes use negative emotions as a red flag that something is wrong and needs attention, but I don't focus on the emotions themselves, but rather whatever is causing them.

Emotions add depth to life. They give meaning to 'facts'. They allow for expression. They are an intrinsic element of humanity, and reinforce bonding. They gain you a lot.

Do you know why this is the case? In other words, why it is not sufficient to address the trauma itself by removing it and processing the consequences? To me, this would be the best way to dissipate the emotions, but I have been fortunate in being spared any real trauma in life.
    Trauma is a physical/emotional reaction to a condition of helplessness. The reaction IS the trauma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

So trauma, then, refers to (or at least includes) the emotional component of the hardship or crisis, and not simply the concrete, physical effects? As such, it would then have to be addressed on its own emotional terms, in addition to any physical remedies. Am I understanding this correctly?

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    most people wouldn't think that an INFP could do what I do... I cant show what I am feeling but the feelings are still there, when I see a family crying because they just lost there house I cant go over and cry with them. I cant show that I am scared when I am trying to save someone. I cant show that I am mad when we don't save a house. But all of those emotions are still there. I think those who say they can "turn off" some emotions have never felt them to their full extent
    I had a crappy 'debate' with an INFP and another Fe-type last night and they basically said the exact same things that you just did. You're both incorrect, but I wonder, how deeply do you INFP's feel? I swear to god, it must be deep as hell... Either that or you're just very frail, emotionally. Now, perhaps you are not emotionally frail, but the INFP I was talking to was, so feel free to exclude yourself from that last bit; I was only wondering if that was a factor in the thing.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    I had a crappy 'debate' with an INFP and another Fe-type last night and they basically said the exact same things that you just did. You're both incorrect, but I wonder, how deeply do you INFP's feel? I swear to god, it must be deep as hell... Either that or you're just very frail, emotionally. Now, perhaps you are not emotionally frail, but the INFP I was talking to was, so feel free to exclude yourself from that last bit; I was only wondering if that was a factor in the thing.
    Frail? no, but the level that I can feel so deep that it creeps people out. Also I think that people can be good at not showing what they feel but the feelings are still there. Now, that coming from an INFP sounds a little romanticized but I really have a hard time believing that people can just not feel some things. Thats just my point of view, I don't like to "debate" because I don't like it.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Frail? no, but the level that I can feel so deep that it creeps people out. Also I think that people can be good at not showing what they feel but the feelings are still there. Now, that coming from an INFP sounds a little romanticized but I really have a hard time believing that people can just not feel some things. Thats just my point of view, I don't like to "debate" because I don't like it.
    Please excuse my black/white thinking here but what is the point of feeling so intensely if you are the only person feeling it?

Do you not have a choice to share those with another human?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Very interesting, luvvy.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Please excuse my black/white thinking here but what is the point of feeling so intensely if you are the only person feeling it?

The point? I don't know I didn't pick to feel as much as I do, just kinda happens. But yes I do have a choice to share with others via online and a few very close friends
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

The point? I don't know I didn't pick to feel as much as I do, just kinda happens. But yes I do have a choice to share with others via online and a few very close friends
    Well as long as you can share it then that's positive

Hmmm, i don't know if being with someone who was do deep in feelings would have a positive or negative effect on me .. (Thinking out loud)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So trauma, then, refers to (or at least includes) the emotional component of the hardship or crisis, and not simply the concrete, physical effects? As such, it would then have to be addressed on its own emotional terms, in addition to any physical remedies. Am I understanding this correctly?
    Yes, I belive that is the case.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

I don't have to share a book or a favorite food with someone else in order to experience and enjoy it myself. Why should sharing be necessary to experience a feeling?