• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happiness, satisfaction, optimism on tap?

Lark

If it where possible to stimulate happiness, satisfaction and optimism at the touch of a button should it be permitted or endorsed?

Like I mean if there where a machine which could produce these states of mind and mood, I dont mean as the consequence of a medication or intoxication or anything like that but a machine which could directly stimulate or cause that sensation or state.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For some people, that would provide them the ability to rise above themselves and certain situations. It would cause them to really progress and assess, more than they could if their mental state was compromised with unhappiness and pessimism.
For some people, that would provide them the ability to reject themselves and certain situations. Negative emotions can be a fantastic learning experience, but a tap of positivity would be easily abused. The high potential for a shortage of evaluation would be present. It could severely affect personal growth and problem solving.

Really, it depends on who it would be available to and if there was any degree of moderation in usage.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I don't think it would be a good idea because without negative emotions, you wouldn't appreciate the positive ones when they happen.