• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shifting World Views

E

Epiphany

How many times do you recollect your world view changing in your life? What caused it and how did it change? People are constantly growing, learning new ideas, and engaging in experiences which have a lasting effect on their personality. I'm curious if any specific events altered the way you perceive the world and how you relate to it.

I think growing up in a strict, conservative environment coupled with my natural introversion and idealistic personality had a profound impact on my formative years.

Joining Uncle Sam's Misguided Children definitely changed the way I felt about myself and had an irreversible effect, for better or worse, on how I relate to other people.

Now, I feel like my world view is on the verge of changing again and for what reason...I don't know. It's frightening, but exciting at the same time.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
How many times do you recollect your world view changing in your life? What caused it and how did it change? People are constantly growing, learning new ideas, and engaging in experiences which have a lasting effect on their personality. I'm curious if any specific events altered the way you perceive the world and how you relate to it.

I think growing up in a strict, conservative environment coupled with my natural introversion and idealistic personality had a profound impact on my formative years.

Joining Uncle Sam's Misguided Children definitely changed the way I felt about myself and had an irreversible effect, for better or worse, on how I relate to other people.

Now, I feel like my world view is on the verge of changing again and for what reason...I don't know. It's frightening, but exciting at the same time.

Emotional trauma is the biggest shifter for me, and I suspect many people.
Physical trauma.
And aging which I suppose encompasses experience.

Every 7 or so years your body goes through profound physical changes. What this means is that 7 years from now none of your reproducing cells alive today will be around then.
Also different stages of your life regulate the glands and what amounts of hormones are produced. This has a very big effect on how you view things since hormones are the chemical base of emotions and physical well being.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4

This has happened to me. I spent several years really thinking about what it is I really believe, what I think life is about, what I want, etc. and made a major life change. It had a drastic impact on my relationships, lifestyle, everything. I think that's what can make it frightening. Once you take a certain step, come to certain understandings, you can't go backwards, and big changes often come with losses. But if it is what you really need to do, it is worth it.