User Tag List

Epiphany

Default Shifting World Views

How many times do you recollect your world view changing in your life? What caused it and how did it change? People are constantly growing, learning new ideas, and engaging in experiences which have a lasting effect on their personality. I'm curious if any specific events altered the way you perceive the world and how you relate to it.

I think growing up in a strict, conservative environment coupled with my natural introversion and idealistic personality had a profound impact on my formative years.

Joining Uncle Sam's Misguided Children definitely changed the way I felt about myself and had an irreversible effect, for better or worse, on how I relate to other people.

Now, I feel like my world view is on the verge of changing again and for what reason...I don't know. It's frightening, but exciting at the same time.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    How many times do you recollect your world view changing in your life? What caused it and how did it change? People are constantly growing, learning new ideas, and engaging in experiences which have a lasting effect on their personality. I'm curious if any specific events altered the way you perceive the world and how you relate to it.

I think growing up in a strict, conservative environment coupled with my natural introversion and idealistic personality had a profound impact on my formative years.

Joining Uncle Sam's Misguided Children definitely changed the way I felt about myself and had an irreversible effect, for better or worse, on how I relate to other people.

Now, I feel like my world view is on the verge of changing again and for what reason...I don't know. It's frightening, but exciting at the same time.
    Emotional trauma is the biggest shifter for me, and I suspect many people.
    Physical trauma.
    And aging which I suppose encompasses experience.

Every 7 or so years your body goes through profound physical changes. What this means is that 7 years from now none of your reproducing cells alive today will be around then.
    Also different stages of your life regulate the glands and what amounts of hormones are produced. This has a very big effect on how you view things since hormones are the chemical base of emotions and physical well being.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post

This has happened to me. I spent several years really thinking about what it is I really believe, what I think life is about, what I want, etc. and made a major life change. It had a drastic impact on my relationships, lifestyle, everything. I think that's what can make it frightening. Once you take a certain step, come to certain understandings, you can't go backwards, and big changes often come with losses. But if it is what you really need to do, it is worth it.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves