First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This, combined with everything else, really makes me think I might be ENFJ.

Hmmm...but I apologize quickly once I've calmed down.

I have both! I have no type!
    never mind marmalade

i just took a test and came out with higher Fe than Fi O_o;

i think i relate more to Fe also, but not really Ni as much as Ne

i know not what to do with myself

wanna make our own type? c:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    never mind marmalade

i just took a test and came out with higher Fe than Fi O_o;

i think i relate more to Fe also, but not really Ni as much as Ne

i know not what to do with myself

wanna make our own type? c:
    Ne + Fe doesent work because you need one process that is extraverted and one that is introverted as main functions.

Main functions work together something like this:

You decide if something is right or wrong before you internalize it(use extraverted judging) and then collect those things from inside of your head(use introverted perceiving function). Or you try to internalize as much information as possible(use extraverted perceiving) and then judge what is right or wrong inside of your head(use introverted judging).

For example INTJ would dismiss information that he doesent see logic in(he also might dismiss some information before having full understanding about it, because Te looks for faults that doesent support some snap judgment) and only sets correct information in logical constructs inside his head that he can readily seek using intuition. INTP would try to collect as much information(and information that might be true using "what if's" because of Ne) as possible and then judge what information is correct and what is not using introverted thinking(judging). Problem with INTPs way of thinking is that there is too much information(and possible trues) to be processed and to decide from what is true and what is not, this will slow down thinking and might lead to wrong conclusions because there might be too much options to choose from.
    Same kind of process works with other J and P types
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ne + Fe doesent work because you need one process that is extraverted and one that is introverted as main functions.

Main functions work together something like this:

You decide if something is right or wrong before you internalize it(use extraverted judging) and then collect those things from inside of your head(use introverted perceiving function). Or you try to internalize as much information as possible(use extraverted perceiving) and then judge what is right or wrong inside of your head(use introverted judging).

For example INTJ would dismiss information that he doesent see logic in(he also might dismiss some information before having full understanding about it, because Te looks for faults that doesent support some snap judgment) and only sets correct information in logical constructs inside his head that he can readily seek using intuition. INTP would try to collect as much information(and information that might be true using "what if's" because of Ne) as possible and then judge what information is correct and what is not using introverted thinking(judging). Problem with INTPs way of thinking is that there is too much information(and possible trues) to be processed and to decide from what is true and what is not, this will slow down thinking and might lead to wrong conclusions because there might be too much options to choose from.
    Same kind of process works with other J and P types
    oh, haha, yeah... i know, about NeFe. i was kinda being melodramatic... F and all. :blushing: thank you for the explanation though, it's a good one. i understand J/P better now!!

and twas especially interesting to read about INTP, because both my dad and brother are INTPs. i am surrounded

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

WAIT i take it back

today i'm embracing ENFPness.

and i kind of read your whole blog and our thought patterns sound so much alike, lol. one i hope you're enjoying cali and two i would not be surprised if you were an ENFP with good Fe also

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Because I hate the feeling of being disconnected from someone I care about, I hate that feeling of being angry or sad, and the disconnected feeling makes it like 1000X worse for me. I'm not saying I never need space when I'm mad, because I do, but I really seek to discuss things or work things out, or even argue to avoid the "disconnect." Another thing is that it's a lot easier to work things out when you understand what the other person's motivations are. A lot of problems are caused by misunderstanding the other person's motives, intentions, etc.

I don't like the feeling of there being animosity in a room even with someone who is only an acquaintence - like if I have to be around an acquaintence I've had a problem with and can't avoid them for whatever reason, I hate having that feeling of unresolved issues and I often will apologize or forgive more quickly once I've calmed down for that reason.

It's funny because I seem to embrace confrontation, but the feeling of there being real problems with people I care about is almost unbearable to me sometimes. I kind of freak out sometimes if I get that "disconnect" feeling, especially in a relationship.

It's even worse when I think something is my fault and I've hurt someone - that makes it even worse, the guilt, and makes me even more inclined to want to talk it out.
    This sounds a lot like Fe!

From my personal experience, I think when Fi is hurt, it knows it is hurt and it knows you hurt it, but might be a bit fuzzy on why it is hurt. This sometimes results in outbursts of "I hate you!". Fe, on the other hand, always seems to know exactly why it is hurt and wants to clarify the hurt with you, so when you apologize for causing that specific hurt everything will be okay again. But Fe will never give up until you acknowledge how you have hurt it and will continue to bring it up until it is resolved.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    From my personal experience, I think when Fi is hurt, it knows it is hurt and it knows you hurt it, but might be a bit fuzzy on why it is hurt. This sometimes results in outbursts of "I hate you!".
    this is true.

i don't really care about how i'm hurt as much as why the other person hurt me.

i'm not so much looking for apology as much as affirmation that the person in question is aware that they did something i find cruel (not aware of what it was or why it hurt me, necessarily, just that i am hurting) and also that they still love/value me even though they did it.

that could just be me personally though.

Glycerine

Emotion explosion (a huge volcano explodes) vs. passive aggressiveness (it gives off a really nasty vibe). Many Fi users say that they keep their emotions pretty well hidden but it's usually really obvious to me when they are hurt. The vibe they give off is incredibly unpleasant. This is pertaining to F doms.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    This sounds a lot like Fe!

From my personal experience, I think when Fi is hurt, it knows it is hurt and it knows you hurt it, but might be a bit fuzzy on why it is hurt. This sometimes results in outbursts of "I hate you!". Fe, on the other hand, always seems to know exactly why it is hurt and wants to clarify the hurt with you, so when you apologize for causing that specific hurt everything will be okay again. But Fe will never give up until you acknowledge how you have hurt it and will continue to bring it up until it is resolved.
    This is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Emotion explosion (a huge volcano explodes) vs. passive aggressiveness (it gives off a really nasty vibe). Many Fi users say that they keep their emotions pretty well hidden but it's usually really obvious to me when they are hurt. The vibe they give off is incredibly unpleasant. This is pertaining to F doms.
    I am the volcano, fer shure. Nobody close to me would argue that point, I don't think.

ENFJ? Or ESFJ who uses a lot of Fe/Ne (which would be unhealthy)?

Glycerine

That's a possibility. I think EXFJs tend to be the emotional volcanoes (maybe more of a EXFX thing?) and IXFPs tend to be the royalty of passive-agressiveness (maybe more of an IXFX thing?).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am seldom a volcano but when I am, it's absolutely vicious and comes in the form of I Hate You, You are Completely Stupid or I want nothing to do with you, all extreme forms of hurt/anger. I attack the whole person, not the one thing they did wrong. I don't do it often because well, it's extreme. When it gets to that level, I usually blow up and do a door slam. Sometimes I apologize afterwards for being extreme but still, the relationship is over, door slam. Just because I am no longer angry doesn't mean I am okay.