User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Realized that no matter how hard you smack it, the square peg will not fit into the round hole.

MBTI
    INFP

What do you wish your parents had done for you as a child?
    • I wish my dad would have at least contacted me occasionally. I've only seen him 4 times in my life and every time the contact was initiated either by my mom or myself. Doesn't exactly make a kid feel wanted. It's not that he doesn't care either, because when i visited him in my teens, all his pub buddies knew he had a son and had seen my picture.
    • My mom could have been more strict with me. I'm not very disciplined and have messed up a lot of things in my life. And although i certainly don't want to put the blame on anyone but myself, i feel that i might have done better if there was some authority figure in my youth who gave me the occasional kick in the butt instead of only being sympathetic.
    • I wish she would have found a stable man sooner. She has had a number of disastrous relationships throughout my childhood and although how others act is obviously out of her control, she could have figured out sooner that there was a certain repeating pattern of irresponsible jackasses in her life. Now i normally don't like to label people, but none of these guys could be described as responsible human beings and frankly, they were all quite abnormal. Sure, i can see the charm of free spirits with eccentric lifestyles -- and in a way it does fit her own personality -- but they're often not the most dependable people and she had enough problems of her own to deal with. She needed someone who would take care of her and i worried a lot about this.

What did they do which really stands out as significant?
    My mom did a great job, considering she had to raise me all by herself and she had enough problems on her own -- physically, mentally and financially. I received plenty of love and affection, intellectual and creative stimulation... well, basically she did everything right except for what i mentioned earlier
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

~ Typhoon

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post

I was always really shy and timid... and so never expressed a desire to do much of anything. I wish they would have thrown me into a piano or violin lesson... or perhaps even some sort of dancing lesson like ballet. I was never really encouraged to do any sort of extracurricular activity, but always had a slight desire to do so... I was just too afraid at the same time.

What they did do, was give me a great open minded view of the world and humbleness, which I've always appreciated them for. Not to mention a really silly sense of humor.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

- I wish my mom was more nurturing and there for me rather than demanding that I be her picture perfect daughter. Also, she treated me like her emotional punching bag.
    - I wish they taught me to experience life and find challenges and be strong and courageous instead of teaching me to be afraid/anxious of everything.

I understand why and how they failed in those areas (and others) to me and a part of me sympathize but a part of me still holds great anger toward them.

- Everything they do is for their children. They work extremely, extremely hard and saves everything just for our future. Financially and sentimentally, they are the most self-sacrificing parents I know.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Everything they do is for their children. They work extremely, extremely hard and saves everything just for our future. Financially and sentimentally, they are the most self-sacrificing parents I know.
    I can't help wondering if you yourself are self-sacrificing?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I was always really shy and timid... and so never expressed a desire to do much of anything.
    I have always liked the shy and timid. And doing nothing is a great gift.

Of course we always long to be what we are not and overlook the pearl we hold in our hand.

So perhaps you are the pearl we are holding in our hands right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I can't help wondering if you yourself are self-sacrificing?
    Oh wow, I understand your post, Victor.

Somewhat. I am INFP after all, but I also grew up in the individualistic, independent, slightly selfish, personal goal attaining American culture. My life is mine, not my future husband's and only partially my future children's. MINE.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Oh wow, I understand your post, Victor.

Somewhat. I am INFP after all, but I also grew up in the individualistic, independent, slightly selfish, personal goal attaining American culture. My life is mine, not my future husband's and only partially my future children's. MINE.
    Mine, all mine. Oh, how I wish you were mine.

But perhaps you could be mine in a small way by reading, "Wind in the Willows", over the phone with me, turn and turn about.

Just click on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 1

and let me know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

That's very Michael Jackson in that Simpsons Episode or maybe it was Family Guy. Creepy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

He's serious, Rebe. What's up with you and Wind In the Willows, Victor?