User Tag List

First 23456 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I wish my parents:

- Gave me a good example when it comes to getting a job (my dad was unemployed during the first eleven years of my life and he refused to get a job and my mother wan't allowed to have a job until my dad had one)
    - Signed me up at a casting agency so I could get famous (wanted that since I was 4)
    - Had been less protective of me when it comes to things like rain and stuff (I couldn't play outside when it looked like it could be raining today)
    - Were a little bit stricter to me when it comes to eating vegetables, because nowadays I'm still a horrible eater
    - Worked a bit on their relationship so I wouldn't grow up with the idea that marriages are nothing but idealized enemyship
    - Discussed the Christmas presents the grandchildren got with my aunts, so that I wasn't the only one not getting the new toy that was hot at the moment. That made me feel bad about myself
    - Didn't discourage me from getting a job "because I'm bad at everything but learning"
    - Didn't have strange dreams for me
    - Allowed me to use the telephone even though it costs money
    - Allowed me to have MSN when I was younger, because being the only one not having it made me an outcast
    - Didn't dress me like a boy, I was born a girl and I always liked being one, so I hated looking like a boy
    - Didn't ignore me and had me be on my own all the time
    - Got me a little brother or a sister, because I was alone all the time and I don't think that did me any good
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    now it's all clear... asking myself the question What Would Sigmund Say has finally made my day!
    Yes, the child is the father of the man.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that would make an excellent title to a tabloid article

*now has "I am my own grandpa" stuck in her head*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Smile

that would make an excellent title to a tabloid article

*now has "I am my own grandpa" stuck in her head*
    And although Freud was right and the child is the father of the man, then in a prosperous and free society, we can go further.

It's as though our parents teach us to walk, but we must learn to fly ourselves. We must launch ourselves from the warm nest into the open air and discover we have wings.

From WW II to the sixties we lived in the cocoon of authoritarianism, which was safe and warm and prosperous. But in the sixties we burst out of our cocoon and took flight.

"I am my own grandpa"
    Victor? Is that you? Almost didn't recongize ya there, bud.

*gives a twirl to the end of his moustache*

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the use of the word "we" is always a dangerous thing, Mr Fry
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Smile

the use of the word "we" is always a dangerous thing, Mr Fry
    So they keep telling me. They really object to it. And it is dangerous because it is political. It is the politics of the greatest good for the greatest number clashing with the politics of the individual.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and who is to decide what is good for everyone else? That's where it gets REALLY dangerous

plus, this conversation is NOT on topic

Smile

and who is to decide what is good for everyone else? That's where it gets REALLY dangerous
    Parliament decides.

Fortunately we have a liberal democratic parliament based on the limitation of power and informed by the Enlightenment and the greatest good for the greatest number.

And unfortunately you have a one party State with two parties of business informed by Religion and devoted to the greatest good for the individual.

No wonder we clash.

Thank heavens we are at one end of the four Continents of pearls and you are at the other.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you are unbeleivable... and that is NOT a complement

Dear Victor, you know what happens when you assume things? you make an ass out of you, to me