User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i hope you figured out that they dont work out well for you before something really bad happened
    something really bad happened... but honestly, at the same time... it was something really good. those experiences made me a stronger and wiser person. so, i have no regrets. i had always enjoyed the quote, "it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything." it's only after you've hit rock bottom that you're able to finally make (or even notice) the changes in your life that you need.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  2. #22
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    It seems that when I was younger, I dreamed much more than I do now, and the content and variation of the dreams was more diverse.

    When I do dream, it is intense, almost "exhausting" when I wake up, I do not feel very rested until I shake off the dream and come to.

    As a kid, I moved around every two years, as part of being a member of a military family. The dreams I had for many years often contained a "house" that was composed of "pieces of all my other houses I had lived in IRL" and my friends, but not just my friends where I lived, but my friends from all the places I lived. It was kind of cool, kind of a way to stay connected with my memories of people and places before the internet, before Facebook...

    My dreams are hardly ever violent, I can't rememeber the last one that was. The worst my dreams are as of late is "non-sensical" in that they have no real obvious message to me, but I know that I am just not looking hard enough, or maybe even I don't know their language.

    The most frequent dreams I have with any recurrence now are maybe not even a kind of dream. In all honesty, I think they are related to daily cycles of testosterone production. There are times that I get inexplicably tired, like to the point I can drink an entire cup of coffee and still be nodding off in my chair. Usually these dreams hit me between noon and four PM. In addition to my temporary state of fatigue, I end up fixating off from reality and into some type of "trance" which is really more of a loose consciousness. There is no discrete scenery, there are no distinct people, but there is life, and there is movement, and there is dialogue. The dreams are not necessarily "sexual" either (aka "wet dreams" or "nocturnal emissions") but with some regularity I will end up snapping out of the stupor and have a massive erection.

    Maybe I just need more sleep, or maybe I really do need to see a psychiatirst.

    -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  3. #23
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Hahahaha. I have lots of dreams about kittens, believe it or not. However, they aren't typically pleasant. I recall one strange one where I gouged a kitten's eye out.
    Wow... I might dream about murder and violence, but gouging out a kittens eye out is just disturbing. I'm shocked Joan... heheh... I kid... I kid.

    Perhaps you could ask your dreams to tell you... or you could try bringing these two halves together. Find some middle ground... However... I'm no psychologist or doctor. I say, do what you think your dreams are trying to tell you to do... but that's me.
    I think I'll try to perform a little experiment with this. I'm gonna do what my dreams are suggesting for me to do.... and then I'll see if my dreams change or not after I've done them.

    One thing I've found interesting about dreaming is what happens when I sleep with the radio or TV on. Having that on in the background will always influence my dreams and it will relate to what's being played. It's like choosing the setting sometimes.
    I've heard things that when certain foods are eaten before sleeping (or something along those lines) that it can effect dreams. Is there any truth in that? What kinds of things effect dreams?
    I've noticed that when I smoke weed and go to sleep then I won't dream at all... which is usually a good thing.

  4. #24
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Wow... I might dream about murder and violence, but gouging out a kittens eye out is just disturbing. I'm shocked Joan... heheh... I kid... I kid.



    I think I'll try to perform a little experiment with this. I'm gonna do what my dreams are suggesting for me to do.... and then I'll see if my dreams change or not after I've done them.

    One thing I've found interesting about dreaming is what happens when I sleep with the radio or TV on. Having that on in the background will always influence my dreams and it will relate to what's being played. It's like choosing the setting sometimes.
    I've heard things that when certain foods are eaten before sleeping (or something along those lines) that it can effect dreams. Is there any truth in that? What kinds of things effect dreams?
    I've noticed that when I smoke weed and go to sleep then I won't dream at all... which is usually a good thing.
    I'm a believer that your dreams will tell you anything you need to know about your waking life. It's just a matter of listening to your unconscious.

    I always had the same thing happen, say if I left my radio on. It always had an influence on the dream. It is very strange and funny.

    I've always heard a big meal before bed or for some reason pizza, will make for crazier dreams. I don't know if this is true... but it'd be interesting to look into. haha.

    You're not the only one to say that smoking makes it harder for you to recall dreams. My stoner of an exboyfriend had not recalled a dream in years! I never smoked that often... but I did notice when I did, that it made it harder to recall dreams. I wonder if it's because you sleep harder and are still slightly disoriented upon waking, or if it's because it affects the sleep cycle in some way. Either way, you still dream... I read that if you never reached R.E.M. dream cycle, you would actually be sleep deprived. So, we still dream... we just don't recall these dreams more often when smoking for some strange reason.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  5. #25
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    It seems that when I was younger, I dreamed much more than I do now, and the content and variation of the dreams was more diverse.

    When I do dream, it is intense, almost "exhausting" when I wake up, I do not feel very rested until I shake off the dream and come to.

    As a kid, I moved around every two years, as part of being a member of a military family. The dreams I had for many years often contained a "house" that was composed of "pieces of all my other houses I had lived in IRL" and my friends, but not just my friends where I lived, but my friends from all the places I lived. It was kind of cool, kind of a way to stay connected with my memories of people and places before the internet, before Facebook...

    My dreams are hardly ever violent, I can't rememeber the last one that was. The worst my dreams are as of late is "non-sensical" in that they have no real obvious message to me, but I know that I am just not looking hard enough, or maybe even I don't know their language.

    The most frequent dreams I have with any recurrence now are maybe not even a kind of dream. In all honesty, I think they are related to daily cycles of testosterone production. There are times that I get inexplicably tired, like to the point I can drink an entire cup of coffee and still be nodding off in my chair. Usually these dreams hit me between noon and four PM. In addition to my temporary state of fatigue, I end up fixating off from reality and into some type of "trance" which is really more of a loose consciousness. There is no discrete scenery, there are no distinct people, but there is life, and there is movement, and there is dialogue. The dreams are not necessarily "sexual" either (aka "wet dreams" or "nocturnal emissions") but with some regularity I will end up snapping out of the stupor and have a massive erection.

    Maybe I just need more sleep, or maybe I really do need to see a psychiatirst.

    -Halla
    This is all speculation... but I think that the reason you might not be recalling your dreams as often as an adult as you would as a child, is just because adult minds are often distracted and busy, figuring out what you've got to do for the day, etc. As a child, your mind is less distracted, so it makes it easier to ponder about the dream you just had during those first few minutes awake. I know with me, I have a lot of mornings where I'll wake up, and my first thoughts are... "what do i have to do today?", "am i running late?", "crap, i need to hurry up and jump in the shower!" and off I go! Not leaving any room to reflect on my dream, quickly forgetting within a second of waking that I had a dream at all.

    Oooh, house dreams. Houses are representative of you, your soul and/or your consciousness. With different rooms representing different aspects of yourself. That's a very cool dream to have different rooms that are represented by different places you've lived and filled with people from all these different places that you've met. Perhaps you are represented in that way, because each new place helped create who you are today. You grew up in all of these different places. I can relate to your military background as well. Ex-Military brat here. I, too, moved every year or every other year.

    When you say trance like dreams... I'm thinking I may know what you're talking about. Did you feel paralyzed at all in these trance like states? Or, was it more like you were between being asleep and being awake? There's also this other thing that's happened to me a few times... but I don't quite know how to describe it... you're aware of your surroundings or of any conversation... but you're not actually in it at the same time... it's almost like what you just described, a trance. I've experienced this strange sort of phenomena a few times as well... but it's hard to put into words. Everything also feels sort of fuzzy and yet nonexistant at the same time. There may even be a bit of a buzzing sound...
    I was trying to force myself into an out of body experience the other night, because I had read about it online... and found myself reaching a similar trance like state. This time, I freaked out a little bit though and woke up. In the past however, it just happened randomly without me forcing it. I wonder if those trance like states are similar to out of body experiences? Hrmm...
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  6. #26
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    This is all speculation... but I think that the reason you might not be recalling your dreams as often as an adult as you would as a child, is just because adult minds are often distracted and busy, figuring out what you've got to do for the day, etc. As a child, your mind is less distracted, so it makes it easier to ponder about the dream you just had during those first few minutes awake. I know with me, I have a lot of mornings where I'll wake up, and my first thoughts are... "what do i have to do today?", "am i running late?", "crap, i need to hurry up and jump in the shower!" and off I go! Not leaving any room to reflect on my dream, quickly forgetting within a second of waking that I had a dream at all.
    Your specualtion seems spot on to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Oooh, house dreams. Houses are representative of you, your soul and/or your consciousness. With different rooms representing different aspects of yourself. That's a very cool dream to have different rooms that are represented by different places you've lived and filled with people from all these different places that you've met. Perhaps you are represented in that way, because each new place helped create who you are today. You grew up in all of these different places.
    You're right, it is a cool dream to have, especially on a recurring basis.
    I think it somehow keeps me grounded, keeps me in touch with the foundation of experiences that did ultimately lead to my current state of development, and a means of recognizing those that lived through them with me even though they have not been physically present in my life for a very long time. I like how you worded the bolded part. Your take on this topic is serene and insightful, I dig it!

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I can relate to your military background as well. Ex-Military brat here. I, too, moved every year or every other year.
    Yay! I'm not the only BRAT on the forum!

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    When you say trance like dreams... I'm thinking I may know what you're talking about. Did you feel paralyzed at all in these trance like states? Or, was it more like you were between being asleep and being awake? There's also this other thing that's happened to me a few times... but I don't quite know how to describe it... you're aware of your surroundings or of any conversation... but you're not actually in it at the same time... it's almost like what you just described, a trance. I've experienced this strange sort of phenomena a few times as well... but it's hard to put into words. Everything also feels sort of fuzzy and yet nonexistant at the same time. There may even be a bit of a buzzing sound...
    I was trying to force myself into an out of body experience the other night, because I had read about it online... and found myself reaching a similar trance like state. This time, I freaked out a little bit though and woke up. In the past however, it just happened randomly without me forcing it. I wonder if those trance like states are similar to out of body experiences? Hrmm...
    You hit the nail on the head, that's EXACTLY how it feels. It is paralyzing, but I'm there, and I know the gist of what's going on, but nowhere near the whole details, but it's OK, it's just exhausting and hard to snap out of. I doubt that type of trance is endocrine related for everyone, but I have experienced a strong correlation between trance-like states and my hormones being in flux. I can't believe I'm a guy and am saying that, but whatever, it is what it is!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  7. #27
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    something really bad happened... but honestly, at the same time... it was something really good. those experiences made me a stronger and wiser person. so, i have no regrets. i had always enjoyed the quote, "it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything." it's only after you've hit rock bottom that you're able to finally make (or even notice) the changes in your life that you need.
    i hope it wasnt something like schizophrenic obsessive compulsive disorder that my friend got
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #28
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Your specualtion seems spot on to me.



    You're right, it is a cool dream to have, especially on a recurring basis.
    I think it somehow keeps me grounded, keeps me in touch with the foundation of experiences that did ultimately lead to my current state of development, and a means of recognizing those that lived through them with me even though they have not been physically present in my life for a very long time. I like how you worded the bolded part. Your take on this topic is serene and insightful, I dig it!



    Yay! I'm not the only BRAT on the forum!



    You hit the nail on the head, that's EXACTLY how it feels. It is paralyzing, but I'm there, and I know the gist of what's going on, but nowhere near the whole details, but it's OK, it's just exhausting and hard to snap out of. I doubt that type of trance is endocrine related for everyone, but I have experienced a strong correlation between trance-like states and my hormones being in flux. I can't believe I'm a guy and am saying that, but whatever, it is what it is!
    thank you.

    to the last paragraph... there are out of body experiences and sleep paralysis... maybe you're talking about the latter? i've experienced quite a bit of those in my day, too. they're usually quite frightening! have these trance experiences been frightening for you?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  9. #29
    Member Cephalonimbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    99

    Default

    A recurring theme in my dreams are railroad tracks and trains. Sometimes i'm on a train, sometimes i'm on a station waiting for a train, sometimes i'm in the woods walking along the tracks.

    This is the only theme i can connect a clear meaning to. But usually, my dreams are so bizarre and surreal that i find it hard to make any sense of them whatsoever.

    For example: just before waking up this morning, i had a dream where the first thing i remember was being inside a little old wooden house. Sitting on the table was a a guy holding two objects against his ears as if they were headphones. They weren't really porcupines, more like abstract shiny black shells with spikes on them, but i interpreted them as live porcupines. They stung him and he started yelling, but i felt the pain as well. It seemed as if the guy was me, and i was just a spectator of myself. I never questioned the logic of holding two porcupines against your ears, it seemed like the right thing to do.

    Next thing you know, i was on the roof of this house, barefooted. Eggs appeared underneath my feet, but only if i concentrated on anything whatsoever. The house itself seemed to be a sentient being and they were eggs without the shell, which immediately turned white and started sizzling. If you stayed in one spot, you burned your feet.

    At first this was a bad thing, but soon enough i was on that roof with a whole group of people, tapdancing all over the roof to create fried eggs. I guess it was so we could feed whoever was hungry at the time, but i don't remember doing it for anyone in particular. It was actually kind of fun. There was a lady giving instructions and she got mad at me for repeatedly missing an eggless spot. It was hard though... we had to keep moving to prevent burning our feet.

    Suddenly, i was not on the roof anymore and everybody was a South Park character, except they looked like regular people and none of the characters from South Park were there. Still, they were South park characters without a doubt. Some powerlines spontaneously snapped and got tangled up with themselves, creating a short circuit, but the consequences weren't noticable.

    The last thing i remember was discussing whether or not The Roots are still as good a band as they were 10-15 years ago, with some guy without a face. Well, he did have a face but it was sort of invisible, if that makes sense.
    That's when i woke up.

    I wonder what this means
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

    ~ Typhoon

  10. #30
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    thank you.

    to the last paragraph... there are out of body experiences and sleep paralysis... maybe you're talking about the latter? i've experienced quite a bit of those in my day, too. they're usually quite frightening! have these trance experiences been frightening for you?
    there is no words to describe how fucking terrifying it was to experience sleep paralysis, especially since i havent heard about such thing before. not the paralysis state itself, but seeing a old man in the other side of the room who clearly was a demon(not like a small time demon, but something next to devil, if not devil itself) who was keeping me in that state by looking me directly at my eyes for time that felt like 20-30 seconds when i was half way getting from sleeping position to sitting up(i felt someones presence(and i think i heard some steps from next room thru the sleep) in my apartment and was going to sit up and look who was there and then saw him). then it just disappeared right in front of my eyes. seriously i would have cried, shat and pissed my pants(all 3 at the same time in a sudden burst ) if my body wouldnt been completely paralyzed. the scariest thing was that i was able to think totally clearly while i was paralyzed, i was like wtf wtf am i going insane(since i dont believe in this kind of creatures), these things cant be real, but this is real(i was also thinking that when people go insane they feel that these kind of things are real), i was thinking that will he kill me and that i need to attack it since im pretty much screwed anyways or should i maybe try to communicate with it, but i was unable to do anything so i lost my hope and felt like my destiny was in the hands of this kind of evil shit.. felt kinda shaky for the rest of the night and couldnt get sleep until it got bright outside
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. Dreams?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
  3. What do you dream?
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
  4. Vacation spots to dream of...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO