User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think mostly in words or not?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Think in words

48 42.48%
  • Not think in words (I'm not sure of all the different ways people would think in.)

65 57.52%
First 678910 Last

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This is OT but I KNOW! I hate JD and Kelso is the best character!
    LOL, does anyone else if we slightly digress for a moment to talk about scrubs? Didn't think so.

But yes, back to the topic at hand!
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by tastes_like_purple View Post
    Nooo way JD is my man
    Hmmm hes alriiiiight, but hes no JD
    LOL
    LOL. IF WE ARE GETTING INTO FAVOURITES, COX IS MINE. HE IS JUST SO...RUDE...AND INSENSITIVE. HE IS EVERYTHING I WISH I COULD BE! :P
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

I think in sort of an abstract visual sense, but it's not really pictures even. Terms or the words used to describe things seem almost irrelevant. Even when I'm writing I don't really think of words. They play out in my head, but that happens with whatever I'm dealing with. My mind is like an endless simulation of what ifs.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

No, I think in numbers.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm very visual. Pictures, visual impressions, tangible moods and vibes that have a visual component I can "touch" with my mind.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think in pictures and images, and then translate into words. Sometimes I have a feeling or colour associated with objects (and, yes, some times concepts). It's the images with emotion that I've found hardest to express.
    Some thoughts I hear though.
    I wonder if I use Ni quite alot, though traditionally INFP use Ne. Mainly because I'm very good at analysing things and making random connections.
    I like diagrams, and pictures. When I was younger, I had a near photographic memory for any diagram or picture that came my way. Not so much for text though. Shame, I could hand in diagrams instead of assays, LOL.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I pretty much only think in words...I can't really think of a time where I wasn't thinking in words. When I see pictures/images, it's either when I'm trying to remember something, or if I'm using my imagination.

The interesting thing that I've found is that my head time is a helluva lot faster than real time. It's like two different dimensions. In head time, I can completely listen to an amazing 9 minute song (from memory) and somehow it's decompressed into only like 3 minutes spent in LaLa Land..
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think with [...] certain images. They're not clear images flowing through my mind, mostly multidimensional and hazy, but they do pop up, usually simultaneusly and I "feel" the thoughts coming together. It's like a multidimensional jigsaw puzzle of [thoughts] that click.

I find that words are too limited. I can utter a word in my mind to descibe some things but there's always an enormous extra level or levels of layers behind that word [...]
    Double this. I'm a highly visual thinker, and sometimes there's a disconnection between the ideas I've written down versus the ones fabricated inside my head. It's easier to think in words once I could pinpoint the most suitable thought for that given moment. For me, visualizing imagery (often based on subjective interpretations) is a longer, yet more memorable process, while the written language, an 'objective' format, is a greater tool for improving execution speed and accuracy.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thinking in word-form would definitely be the most frequent. But it is not uncommon for me to also think in numerical form if I'm thinking about mathematics or money.

Likewise, I also frequently think in both image and audio if it's appropriate to the subject, but seldom unaccompanied by words in some way or narrative.

A common example of this is when I'm playing out scenarios for possible outcomes. I'll envision the whole thing, but my observations take the form of words while the scenario is in progress.

... After seeing it written out like that, perhaps I think too much.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Thinking in words? Would that be visually thinking words that are read from the mind or talking to yourself in the mind? Either way I usually don't do either. Everything is visualised like simulations of possibilities playing in my mind. I've lived most of my life in my mind. It would all turn quite boring if was changed into words.