User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We know it's an addiction when we suffer withdrawal symptoms.

And we know it's an addiction when we take more to ward off the withdrawal symptoms.

But alas, when we can stop, we don't want to.
    And when we want to stop, we can't.
    It's the compulsion to scream "ADDICTION!" every time someone has an affinity for something that seems redundant to me. Some people tend to use it on and off up here in Norway "You addicted to that chocolate milk, Mike?" No of course I'm not addicted to it, it's a pleasure, not an addiction.

When I stopped smoking cigarettes, I stopped instantly. I had a pack of cigarettes at home that was never opened, and I never even felt the need to look at it. Not once did I fool myself to take a smoke. Nor did I advertise it to my friends that I was quitting in order to get their blessings. Did I get withdrawals within this period? No. The reason I quit was because I had to spend a year on building my body back up to shape for sergeant position in the military, but since I was told not to bother with it, I said f- it, and picked up smoking again. And why wouldn't I start smoking again? It taste good, and best of all it keeps me mentally healthy - to a certain degree.

AIR is an addiction. It's an addiction because you'll die if you don't get it.

Some substances in this world like Heroin and Amphetamine becomes an addiction, and people don't need me to tell them how they work, they can just go read about it on wikipedia.

Cannabis is not an addiction. Physically. It's a mental affinity for pleasure/enjoyment.

Some people tend to repeat the same action over and over again because of the very same reason, whatever that reason may be.

At least this is how I look at it. Other's can of course have other personal values or views, whether it is literal, spiritual or comes from personal experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

For me it was simply that I love to be altered. Always have, always will.

Why? Don't know. And who cares?

Listen: I'm 46 years old and I've done 'em all. And I did them all with gusto... from the honeymoon of fun to the horror of desperate excess. Unlike many I knew, I came out the other side and I lived to tell the tale, and here's what I can tell you with certainty:

If you like to be altered and want a decent life, your best bet is weed.

For me it was like coming home again.

MBTI
    yupp

YOU might not have gone through withdrawl symptoms, but others have. so you can't say based on you're limited experience that cigarettes aren't addictive, when its been proven. that's like trying to tell me their's not an ocean between the US and England? I mean look at a globe or a map, their's a fucking ocean.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Nicotine is the only drug that I've wanted to quit and haven't been able to, yet.

From someone who knows addiction intimately... yes, it is addictive in every way.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    Nicotine is the only drug that I've wanted to quit and haven't been able to, yet.

From someone who knows addiction intimately... yes, it is addictive in every way.
    Yes, cigarettes are sublime - the perfect addiction.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not the only one who spent DARE thinking... hmmm... that drug sounds FUN!

of course then I tried all of the ones I'd thought that about and DIDN'T have fun
    Haha I'll admit I thought that too, but I don't see why people should make a lifestyle out of it. Trying new things in my book is okay, living off of it not so much.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    YOU might not have gone through withdrawl symptoms, but others have. so you can't say based on you're limited experience that cigarettes aren't addictive, when its been proven. that's like trying to tell me their's not an ocean between the US and England? I mean look at a globe or a map, their's a fucking ocean.
    Compared to what a heroin addict goes through, I wouldn't dare call it addiction and withdrawl. I call it hype. But hey, maybe I'm inhumane; A superhuman that can go through excruciating agony.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Compared to what a heroin addict goes through, I wouldn't dare call it addiction and withdrawl. I call it hype. But hey, maybe I'm inhumane; A superhuman that can go through excruciating agony.
    Supposedly nicotine is at least as addictive as opiates. However, I do believe the actual physical results of heroin withdrawl are typically worse.

Of course the reaction varies from person to person, but these conclusions are averages based on very large samples.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I totally understand this, my brain NEVER TURNS OFF.
    It can get really ridiculous and oppressive. :rolli:

Alcohol eventually riles me up though, so it is ineffective in this capacity for me too. Two drinks, and I'm chilled out; three drinks and I'm bouncing off the fucking walls and stirring up trouble.
    My brain doesn't turn off even when i am asleep .. I act out my dreams and incorporate my house into it. Grrrr.

I could of easily of become addicted to speed when i was a teenager .. I wouldn't think, i would do. Lol. I liked the fact i could keep on going till i started on the downer.

I could never be addicted to alcohol, i like binge drinking occasionaly.

Cigarettes are my vice, i like it because i am addicted but i hate what it's doing to my young, fit body. Lol. For a smoker of 17 years, i am fit.

At present i am becoming addicted to meditation .. I know it sounds silly, but i enjoy putting myself into a calm place where i allow my thoughts to flow easily from a distance.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm addicted to Peas. Sugar snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.