• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Living life to the fullest.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kind of a vague thing to say, really.

What does it mean to you?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Nice question! :happy:

To me, living life to the fullest means:

(1) Starting each day without baggage from the last.

(2) Choosing the option that is most fun when multiple options exist to satisfy a given need.

(3) Having a "happy" mindset so that even the mundane is enjoyable.

(4) Not taking life, or myself too seriously.

(5) Taking time to smell the roses as often as possible, the world will eat your time up if you let it, life is too short for that!

(6) Being thankful for what you have, so you can enjoy it, and to not bitch about wanting more.

(7) Carpe Diem! :)

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to me it means appreciating what you have and what you experience to the fullest extent... using all of the perceiving resources that you have at hand... really savor your dinner for example, instead of rushing through and barely tasting the food... or enjoying the sensation of floating on the water, or just appreciating your friends, family and SO for every little thing that you like about them... and letting them know it :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It means getting drunk and laid as often as possible, right?

Haha, no. That's actually what stemmed this thread, though. Someone, was talking about extroverted sensing and living in the moment. He was talking about fast cars and doing drugs and stuff and said, "That's a sad way to live anyway!" And then I thought, "That's what he considers living in the moment? Interesting."

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It means moving to a desert island with people that you trust and that aren't rotten like the rest of society and forming your own. And playing videogames all day.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: well, I guess I gave you a different Se perspective there then! (after rereading my post and thinking "damn, that's Se-ish to the max! :shock:")

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: well, I guess I gave you a different Se perspective there then! (after rereading my post and thinking "damn, that's Se-ish to the max! :shock:")

Yes, it was :)
I'm expecting a lot of Se type responses, but was wondering if there was anyone with a different perspective.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It means moving to a desert island with people that you trust and that aren't rotten like the rest of society and forming your own. And playing videogames all day.

This would be really difficult to attain. (And I'm interested in seeing other responses like that.)
I think of "living life to the fullest" as making the very best possible life out of what is happening right now.

KDude

doing whatever best option presents itself at any given time.

assuming you don't hurt anyone or yourself (too much!) - and if they were the "best" option, they wouldn't.

this may or may not include video games and desert islands too. it all depends. one doesn't need to be productive all the time per se :cool:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this may or may not include video games and desert islands too. it all depends. one doesn't need to be productive all the time per se :cool:

Actually, this is something that doesn't come second nature to me. Despite having a very healthy enjoyment of life in general, I reeeeally have to try to RELAX amd just "not do anything." I am a busy child. :dry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no issue doing absolutley nothing... it makes me happy :wubbie:

Mole

Permabanned
Awe

Kind of a vague thing to say, really.

What does it mean to you?

But what a good question.

And to me it means listening to something just out of earshot.

It is something I feel. It is something that drives my whole life.

I know when I am getting close and when I am getting further away.

It is something I am deeply and profoundly and forever in love with.

If I am moving away and it is getting fainter, I feel a sense of loss.

But to come back, I am overjoyed.

And it is not what I do but how I do it.

My father prefigured it when he said he could enjoy anything if he did it slowly enough.

Whereas for me I am ecstatic when I do something for its own sake.

I am glad it is slightly out of earshot, because I become afraid as I approach. And it is the fear associated with awe.

Yes, living life to the full is awesome.

And the only thing nicer is to live it to the full with someone else.

This was nicely expressed for me in, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", Chapter 7 of The Wind in the Willows, just click on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 7

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
doing whatever you want with your life

if you feel like spending most of your time doing activities that other people would scoff at or judge as wastes of time and enjoy them, you are still living your life to the fullest.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Having as few regrets as possible, as in not saying "I regret not doing this" too many times

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I second the doing whatever you want comments. It's absurd (to me) to say that there's only one way to live life to the fullest, because I think it varies based on the individual. I just do what I want to do, think what I want to think etc and that is what I'd consider living. I used to try and squeeze the last drop out of every day, getting upset when I'd "wasted" my entire summer vacation as a kid. But now I see that whatever I want to do is just fine, no "wasting" involved :). I don't get the whole "waste of time" thing, anyway. If I want to do it, it's not a waste of time. Even if it's not what I "should" be doing, because I don't have a strong notion of what I "should" be doing anyway, except that I should be doing what I want to do as to make the most out of finite time here. In fact the traditional notions of what I "should" be doing, like studying, working, etc are what get in the way of what I really should be doing which is just living. Oh well.

Mole

Permabanned
I just do what I want to do, think what I want to think etc and that is what I'd consider living.

Just below you in Lake Wobegon we have a saying that the unexamined life is not worth living.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Just below you in Lake Wobegon we have a saying that the unexamined life is not worth living.

If the insinuation here is that you think my life is unexamined, then just be happy you're not living my life. ;) Heh, I don't know, but maybe what I want to do is examine my life (in doing what I want to do). I am a big fan of what other people would consider "overanalysis", but that's just "being" for me.

Mole

Permabanned
If the insinuation here is that you think my life is unexamined, then just be happy you're not living my life. ;) Heh, I don't know, but maybe what I want to do is examine my life (in doing what I want to do). I am a big fan of what other people would consider "overanalysis", but that's just "being" for me.

Well here in Lake Wobegon, just below you on Lake Ontario, where the men are handsome, the women good looking and the children above average, we feel we have plenty of time to examine life.

gromit

likes this
I think it has to do with living with awareness of the fabulous gift that each moment is, whether you're spending time with people you love, or doing something amazing for the first time, or even doing something mundane like walking down the street or sitting on your front porch or taking a shower. :D