User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If you despise your parents so much, why do you remain emotionally and financially dependent on them?
    Well I'm not financially dependent on them anymore, and haven't been for some time. As for emotionally dependent, I don't know if I would say that. I mostly want them to stop screwing their own lives up. I haven't quite gotten to the point where I want to sever all contact with them.

It's sort of like if you have a good friend who's killing themselves with heroin or something and you want to intervene but you're not in a good situation to do so. That's essentially what my relationship with my parents is like at the moment.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    I mostly want them to stop screwing their own lives up.
    It is unlikely you will be able to help your parents alone, however if you seek help from say The Conflict Resolution Service or a Social Worker or a local charity, you may possibly be able to help them and yourself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I have been looking into group therapy and the like. The biggest problem is I can't force them into anything unless they become a danger to themselves or others. The only thing I can think of would be calling CPS and telling them they pulled my younger brother out of school and I really don't want to open that can of worms.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    I have been looking into group therapy
    Perhaps you could invite them to Family Therapy.

Who knows, perhaps they might appreciate the invitation. And you could always appeal to their better nature and say it is to help you. And people love to be helpful.

Can you help me?, you might ask, Can you help me in Family Therapy?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Perhaps you could invite them to Family Therapy.

Who knows, perhaps they might appreciate the invitation. And you could always appeal to their better nature and say it is to help you. And people love to be helpful.

Can you help me?, you might ask, Can you help me in Family Therapy?
    Believe me I've tried. They're not interested, either they refuse to see the problem or say it won't help. And in the states you can't force someone to go to therapy if they don't want to unless it's court ordered.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think its about being optimistic and taking chances instead of letting time pass without accomplishing anything.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To me, it is making the most of each day, using the time available to best advantage. Ultimately, this meand accomplishing as many of my personal goals as I can. This does not mean going at some breakneck speed through life, though, but rather includes time for rest, relaxation, and meditation, since these refresh me to take on the next challenge, and provide inspiration for future projects and problem solving.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Living life to the fullest.

I believe each of us has a gift. Doing this gift, one achieves a sense of happiness as well as utter timelessness. Finding one's gift will allow the spirit the freedom to soar. This is what life this life is. Find your gift and thus you find yourself. I happen to have a penchant for writing as well as a oratory skill when giving speeches. Doing your gift benefitting the world upon which we live on called earth. Reaching a heightened state of consciousness called flow. For each of us are interrelated with every other life form. Combining our gifts can also produce the added benefit of a byproduct called synergy or the synergism of which the sum is greater than the parts. This experience is as rapture, which is beyond heavenly words to describe. Only for one moment do we feel like we have experienced a little slice of heaven on earth. It is confounding as it is in effect beyond description. I don't know if everyone's experienced this phenomenon. It could also be called runners high. It also is what the (psychologist) Maslow called "peak experiences" I can get it running and feeling free, immortal, and young! I can get it by writing and getting it in a rhythm and "flow". One can get it feeling in love and can't wait to see and hear a beloved! The point is that it seems to be a human experience. Generally it is very positive and creative. It is what I pursue instead of the mind numbing triviality that the advertisers want you to see and be almost hypnotized. It is a choice. The point is that the is wonderful feeling is open to all of us in different pursuits. It is "heaven on earth". It is the stuff of life itself. Everyone has a choice to taste this wonderful nectar.

“The key to create passion in your life is to find your unique talents and your special role and purpose in this world.” Stephen R. Covey