First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    this may or may not include video games and desert islands too. it all depends. one doesn't need to be productive all the time per se
    Actually, this is something that doesn't come second nature to me. Despite having a very healthy enjoyment of life in general, I reeeeally have to try to RELAX amd just "not do anything." I am a busy child.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have no issue doing absolutley nothing... it makes me happy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Smile Awe

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Kind of a vague thing to say, really.

What does it mean to you?
    But what a good question.

And to me it means listening to something just out of earshot.

It is something I feel. It is something that drives my whole life.

I know when I am getting close and when I am getting further away.

It is something I am deeply and profoundly and forever in love with.

If I am moving away and it is getting fainter, I feel a sense of loss.

But to come back, I am overjoyed.

And it is not what I do but how I do it.

My father prefigured it when he said he could enjoy anything if he did it slowly enough.

Whereas for me I am ecstatic when I do something for its own sake.

I am glad it is slightly out of earshot, because I become afraid as I approach. And it is the fear associated with awe.

Yes, living life to the full is awesome.

And the only thing nicer is to live it to the full with someone else.

This was nicely expressed for me in, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", Chapter 7 of The Wind in the Willows, just click on -

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame: Chapter 7

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

doing whatever you want with your life

if you feel like spending most of your time doing activities that other people would scoff at or judge as wastes of time and enjoy them, you are still living your life to the fullest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Having as few regrets as possible, as in not saying "I regret not doing this" too many times
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

All Natural! All Good!

I second the doing whatever you want comments. It's absurd (to me) to say that there's only one way to live life to the fullest, because I think it varies based on the individual. I just do what I want to do, think what I want to think etc and that is what I'd consider living. I used to try and squeeze the last drop out of every day, getting upset when I'd "wasted" my entire summer vacation as a kid. But now I see that whatever I want to do is just fine, no "wasting" involved . I don't get the whole "waste of time" thing, anyway. If I want to do it, it's not a waste of time. Even if it's not what I "should" be doing, because I don't have a strong notion of what I "should" be doing anyway, except that I should be doing what I want to do as to make the most out of finite time here. In fact the traditional notions of what I "should" be doing, like studying, working, etc are what get in the way of what I really should be doing which is just living. Oh well.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I just do what I want to do, think what I want to think etc and that is what I'd consider living.
    Just below you in Lake Wobegon we have a saying that the unexamined life is not worth living.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just below you in Lake Wobegon we have a saying that the unexamined life is not worth living.
    If the insinuation here is that you think my life is unexamined, then just be happy you're not living my life. Heh, I don't know, but maybe what I want to do is examine my life (in doing what I want to do). I am a big fan of what other people would consider "overanalysis", but that's just "being" for me.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    If the insinuation here is that you think my life is unexamined, then just be happy you're not living my life. Heh, I don't know, but maybe what I want to do is examine my life (in doing what I want to do). I am a big fan of what other people would consider "overanalysis", but that's just "being" for me.
    Well here in Lake Wobegon, just below you on Lake Ontario, where the men are handsome, the women good looking and the children above average, we feel we have plenty of time to examine life.

I think it has to do with living with awareness of the fabulous gift that each moment is, whether you're spending time with people you love, or doing something amazing for the first time, or even doing something mundane like walking down the street or sitting on your front porch or taking a shower.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.