MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Walk.
    Sooo not the point. I DO walk. It's just too slow and not involving enough. I try to find decent things to think about, create the most wonderful posts and blog entries only to forget them and kick myself for doing so. I wish for the kicking to stop and I'm not about to carry a notebook around with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    But walking is for "average" people!
    Now add a roll of the eyes and a sarcastic tone and you have my INTJ mate down to a tee

Why walk if you can fly and why fly if you can teleport? If you can't teleport of course then you'd best get figuring it out because walking is sooo passe!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I agree with your father. I also take such things into consideration. (Is he an INxJ?)
    ENTJ Same difference
    Concerning the "fluffiness factor" I used to HATE fun. I believed life was meant to be serious, and there's no time for fun and games. However, God has a sense of humor and made me fall in love with someone who thinks people should "Stay flexible and have fun." (One of his favorite sayings.) So I have been broken of my serious ways - mostly.
    Don't break your serious ways!!!

Just have some serious fun

Personally that's about where I've gotten to. I play an online game in a clan and when they abandoned a game part way through to play "let's stab each other at random" I just shut down the whole game without a word. I just don't feel like that's fun. It produces the same kind of feeling as when people damage stuff just cause they're bored.
    Just for the record, there was a time when I wondered whether my son was an ESTP, but he is far too shy and reserved for that. You will just have to trust my 15 years of experience on the subject. The ISTP profile best fits my son.
    Well.... My missus is a shy ESTP and they do sound quite similar.

I mean errrm *ahem* Yes Mum
    Here's what caused the problem: I was not giving a FULL DESCRIPTION of my 2 ISTP family members for people to judge for themselves what their type is.

I was making a point about ONE ASPECT of their personality. Xander said Spock was an ISTP and my point was that that is impossible because ISTPs have a "fun side" of their personality that is very prominent. I don't recall Spock ever having any fun at all, even once (though I hate the show and hardly ever watched it - if he did like to have fun, let me know). The object of my explanation was to make ISTPs sound like they are a lot more fun than people seem to think they are. So that's why I made them sound like they are fun. That was the point I was trying to make. It's not their whole profile, It's just one aspect that I believe is very important. Generally speaking, the SPs are the most fun-loving or playful of all types. ISTPs are not as much fun as ESTPs or ESFPs, but they are still fun-needing people.

It's part of the ISTP profile that ISTPs MUST make work fun. I have the perfect illustration: When my ISTP son was about three years of age, I asked him to quickly go to the kitchen and get me the towel hanging on the refrigerator door to clean up a spill. I expected him to dutifully run, full speed, get the towel and fetch it back double time, as any good, obedient, parent-pleasing child would do (read: as I would have done). Instead, my son immediately dropped down on all fours, and like a dog, went to the kitchen. He came back with the towel in his teeth! This was not amusing to me! I was furious that he did not do it "like he was supposed to". I felt my authority as a parent insulted by his playful behavior. Thank goodness for MBTI. I later learned that this is part of my son's personality. It wasn't a disrespectful personal attack on me, or my authority.

I have mainly used the profiles by Barron and Tieger to understand my children and they've been very helpful and spot on.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Sorry still sounds ESP to me. Loads of energy. Of course I could understand a high energy ISTP doing that. Hell I'm a high energy INTP, though many would laugh to hear such a description!!
    I am a competency freak also.
    Why of course
    OR, how very J of you!
    Damn.
    Exactly. And for me, sometimes the made-up word just gets to my mind first.
    It's all those fluffy thinking processes you have. Something about INTJs taking a wander through the information until they form a decision. Mine's more like the information is thrown at me ala dodge ball.
    People think the "guy-next-door" is a sociopath?
    No. Sociopaths are often referred to as appearing harmless like 'the guy next door'.

A implies B does not imply that B implies A.

(And whamo he's back in the game )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Well.... My missus is a shy ESTP and they do sound quite similar.
    Maybe she's an "I".

Sorry still sounds ESP to me. Loads of energy. Of course I could understand a high energy ISTP doing that. Hell I'm a high energy INTP, though many would laugh to hear such a description!!
    Now there's a good probability! My husband's great-grandfather was in the US Civil war and in his exit papers, it says that he sustained injuries that left him unable to work like "half a man" yet he was seen out scything his field at age 89! My husband has the energy of 3 or 4 of me. I would not doubt that your theory is on the right track.

Something about INTJs taking a wander through the information until they form a decision.
    Ah, yes. My brain takes a wander looking for the correct word, and finding none, it fashions its own from the intent of the context.

No. Sociopaths are often referred to as appearing harmless like 'the guy next door'.

A implies B does not imply that B implies A.

(And whamo he's back in the game )
    I quite agree with you.
    Who's the idiot who teaches otherwise?!
    That's quite a stretch of imbecilic imagination.
    (Aw, darn. I thought I invented another new word, but it's already on the books.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Now add a roll of the eyes and a sarcastic tone and you have my INTJ mate down to a tee
    I cannot be sarcastic anymore, as I have learned to appreciate the SP approach to life - which I have contended is the motivation behind you wanting to ride a skateboard to work.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Maybe she's an "I".
    MAybe she's a low energy E

Actually she was trying to type someone last night and was guessing that they were a high energy ISTP. The guy was an MBTI adjudicator (or whatever they call them) and said he was an I and an S, she was guessing on the remainder.
    Now there's a good probability! My husband's great-grandfather was in the US Civil war and in his exit papers, it says that he sustained injuries that left him unable to work like "half a man" yet he was seen out scything his field at age 89! My husband has the energy of 3 or 4 of me. I would not doubt that your theory is on the right track.
    Not sure that all types of energy are the same but I get your drift. I'm thinking that this kind of energy would be most directly related to presence. If some one has presence then it's probable that they are high energy. Though of course not all presence can be equated to the Brian Blessed school of how to impress people
    Ah, yes. My brain takes a wander looking for the correct word, and finding none, it fashions its own from the intent of the context.
    How very ENTP of you. (That's a good thing btw)
    I quite agree with you.
    Who's the idiot who teaches otherwise?!
    That's quite a stretch of imbecilic imagination.
    (Aw, darn. I thought I invented another new word, but it's already on the books.)
    I've not heard of it *searching*

Non warlike imagination... probably not what you were going for

I get your drift though. I's one of my father's pearls of wisdom. It's quite astounding to me, once I'd heard it, how often it applies. It often forms the basis for excellent checking of logical thought.
    I cannot be sarcastic anymore, as I have learned to appreciate the SP approach to life - which I have contended is the motivation behind you wanting to ride a skateboard to work.
    My friend (an ENTP according to him though he's quite quiet) has the perfect motto for this on his email "Do things differently". I doubt it's SP necessarily but it's fun whatever it is. Mind you the most fun loving person I know is an ExFP (probably an S though her test results are 50/50).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

My husband and my son are both ISTPs. Perhaps there is a streak of humor running through their DNA that is unusual or something, but I assure you, they're very witty, and they are both ISTPs. My husband has a small repertoire of funny anecdotes, and jokes. He has excellent comedic timing. My son has good timing, too, for smart aleck remarks, probably learned from his father. My husband has another son from a previous marriage - ENFP - who has the very same sense of humor. Perhaps it is in the DNA.

Perhaps it would be good for us to remind ourselves at this point that Spock was not human. He had NO feelings. Ts have feelings. We just don't use them as a standard when making decisions.

I was wondering if anyone thought MacGuyver (80's tv show) is an ISTP. He reminds me of my husband to a great extent - highly resourceful, inventive in a pinch, clever at developing a plan B.

I know one male ESTP. He is the most selfish human being I know on the face of this earth.
    My husband is the most unselfish human I know.
    My husband is also ISTP. He is very much like ISTP description and he has extremely strong T, quite strong I & S. He is very tough minded person. Very much not trying to please anybody. He might be very different ISTP from your husband and son. But not all ISTP's are alike...

MBTI
    INTJ

I thought I had invented the word imbecilic, but it was already invented.

It's been so nice chatting with you.
    Let us know which scooter you decide on!

MBTI
    ENTP

Anyhow, are you the innovator?
    Do you tend to get that look from people that intimates that they think you've just fallen off the back of a space lorry and hit your head?
    By definition, mon ami Just goes with the Ne territory. You think you get it bad, try having function-weirdass (and let everyone know about it!*) as your dominant!

And try snakeboarding. Faster and just more well, ubercool than skateboarding. And less hard work as well. Seriously dude, give it a try (if you can even find a snakeboard - I'm glad I got mine way back in the 90's cos I can't find them for love nor money nowadays!). I used to totally whizz through the 4 miles to work and back on mine a couple of years ago. Now I work only a ten minute walk away, so I don't use it so much, but I still go out on it now and then. Years ago, when lots of my friends used to use them as well, we used to play basketball on them - fast paced and challenging, great fun!

You can get streetboards easily enough, which are almost the same thing.

*As opposed to Ni, which is function weirdass (but keep it to yourself)!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    By definition, mon ami Just goes with the Ne territory. You think you get it bad, try having function-weirdass (and let everyone know about it!*) as your dominant!
    Yeah but yuz one of em extro nasties. You talk to people an stuff! That's just wrong all by itself!

Oddly the ENTP I know is quite poor at innovation. He's quite stuck in his ways. Odd the variations you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    And try snakeboarding. Faster and just more well, ubercool than skateboarding. And less hard work as well. Seriously dude, give it a try (if you can even find a snakeboard - I'm glad I got mine way back in the 90's cos I can't find them for love nor money nowadays!). I used to totally whizz through the 4 miles to work and back on mine a couple of years ago. Now I work only a ten minute walk away, so I don't use it so much, but I still go out on it now and then. Years ago, when lots of my friends used to use them as well, we used to play basketball on them - fast paced and challenging, great fun!

You can get streetboards easily enough, which are almost the same thing.

*As opposed to Ni, which is function weirdass (but keep it to yourself)!
    I can't find one You'll have to roll over and show me