Thread: Is it just me?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Well, if you would deign to come down from your fluffly little flu cloud, you pseudo-angel, there could be a meeting ground.
    But but but meeting the ground is scary!! I can't understand how you can live with being so close to it.

Oh no, I couldn't stare you out, I may stare you down though.
    Wait. I've fallen down a hole?
    I think it wasn't the motherboard that got wet there. :rolli:
    Well no as it turned out it wasn't just the motherboard

New motherboard, processor and power supply!!! Mind you though I now have new shinies
    I did not say one is the absence of the other - I asked is flight possible without rest. One defines the other. Do you really know what is flight if you have not rested. Do you know what is rest if you've not flown.
    One does not start as the other stops. Your definition is imprecise.
    (<<<INTP. = Definer. )
    I thought INTPs were good on details.
    How many INTPs do you know?
    I'm as much an ENFP as you are an ENTP.
    Well according to that acctualised type thingummy I'm quite ENFP myself actually. Personally I blame Dom.
    You don't have to stoop to get there actually.
    No this hole I appear to have stumbled upon has suddenly lowered my expectations.

Ah. That's a matter of perspectives. That which you call gray is but fine lines of black and white beyond your vision.
    Interspersed lines of black and white is grey. The question is what idiot put all these lines in here? They are obviously false as lines are unnatural. I blame the SJs
    Ahhh. Wisdom from my favourite ENFJ.
    Wisdom? ENFJ? Oh boy. Try standing upright for a while.
    Whaddya mean you are standing up?
    Oh.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sheila!!! How you doin?
    Would you marry my daughter?

Well with an out of shape 30 year old on it I'd best go for durability eh?

Yeah never truely got on with skateboards per se when I was young. Too highly strung. They'd rock under my feet. I was the only guy to alter mine so that only the front trucks had any steering and the back truck was locked. Couldn't get to grips with the four wheel steering convention
    I see. How about a scooter - a skateboard with a steering mechanism?

High S factor? Who me? Nothing would surprise me in that regard though I'd not class myself as ever ISTP. I can't do the whole literal logic for that long without including some form of induction... Either that or I'm just defining it too harshly.
    After reading further about your "exploits" as a skateboarder, I take it back.
    Well it was a day ending in day so quite possibly yes

Anyhow surely to know if it's a mid life crisis I'd have to know how long I'm going to live?
    So you live in perpetual crisis... and how long have you HAD this problem?
    See now this is where my thinking wanders now. Is it the "real world" or is it simply a different set of ideals? Is one superior to another or simply more acceptable?
    You INTPs always have to complicate everything! :rolli:
    It's the world we're forced to deal with. Life is hard, sometimes it hurts, sometimes our dreams don't come true. Sometimes that's more of a let down than we can manage. We get cynical. We lose our child-like wonder. We give up on dreaming. Most people die long before they're put in the grave.

That's one reason why my ESTP is both berated and praised. Sometimes you need someone who'll do something random just to make you see that not everything has to be perfect to work.
    Exactly. I have learned this from my ISTP husband.

Just one request. Can I mostly stay in and have some fun?
    yes?

But you must get a scooter to get to work on! It may be motorized if you prefer.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

But but but meeting the ground is scary!! I can't understand how you can live with being so close to it.
    "Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."

Wait. I've fallen down a hole?
    "Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a hole in his head"

Well no as it turned out it wasn't just the motherboard

New motherboard, processor and power supply!!! Mind you though I now have new shinies
    Congrats. I doubt they'd be thirsty this time around, so hold off the water, yea?

One does not start as the other stops. Your definition is imprecise.

(<<<INTP. = Definer. )
    * I wasn't seeking to define. I asked that to explore why you felt anything less than flight was a giving up and a betrayal of self in a way.

How many INTPs do you know?
    Enough to know they seldom see the wood for the trees - penchant to selectively seek a minutae of details to clarify endlessly and precisely to the order desired, if Ti is not balanced by Ne? But for no other end than to run the idea to its death. Trying to debate with an immature INTP is frequently a pointless exercise because they do not wish to engage, but merely to prove they are right?

Well according to that acctualised type thingummy I'm quite ENFP myself actually. Personally I blame Dom.
    that's a possibility.

No this hole I appear to have stumbled upon has suddenly lowered my expectations.
    "I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can't be helped."

Interspersed lines of black and white is grey. The question is what idiot put all these lines in here? They are obviously false as lines are unnatural. I blame the SJs
    Why do you repeat everything I say?

Gaudi was an NP then.

Wisdom? ENFJ? Oh boy. Try standing upright for a while.
    Whaddya mean you are standing up?
    Oh.
    Yes, ENFJ. Wisdom. The NFJ provides the bounds for the NTP to push against. The NTP cannot burn on their own. The NFJ provides the spark for the NTP, and the NTP clarifies the fire for the NFJ. In that meeting is wisdom. And balance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

What I wouldn't give to watch the hardcore NTs losing their lunch reading this one
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Would you marry my daughter?
    If she is one tenth as stunning as her mother then I'm sure I would be completely under her power within a breath of meeting her. Unfortunately I'm sure my fiancee would voice some objection.
    I see. How about a scooter - a skateboard with a steering mechanism?
    I was thinking the very same thing myself yesterday as I walked home.
    After reading further about your "exploits" as a skateboarder, I take it back.
    Oh I was always the INTP. I'd be the last to pick up how to ride one, the last to learn about a new trick but the first to do it right and also the last to get bored once a particular pursuit had caught my interest.

Believe it or not I first played D&D at the age of ten. I then spent about 6 years with no one to play with but I still bought the books and swatted up, designing characters just for myself. Quite sad really.

Oh and I'm definitely the only person I know of who spent six months in isolation with a book just to perfect one design. I found the perfect calibre of bullet according to the formulae represented in the book. It seemed so important and interesting at the time.
    So you live in perpetual crisis... and how long have you HAD this problem?
    Hmmm let me see..... roughly since I've been able to philosophise so probably since I was about early teens or something.
    You INTPs always have to complicate everything!
    This is why we have a crisis whilst you INTJs stride ahead rarely pausing to note that the INTP is still tearing their hair out over step one
    It's the world we're forced to deal with. Life is hard, sometimes it hurts, sometimes our dreams don't come true. Sometimes that's more of a let down than we can manage. We get cynical. We lose our child-like wonder. We give up on dreaming. Most people die long before they're put in the grave.
    A sad but profound truth. Also the reason I ended up with a sportscar before I was thirty. My mother always wanted one and diea never having owned one. The depressing thing was that she had the money saved up to buy two or three cheap ones so with my inheritance I made sure I lived that dream. Well within reason. She was an ISFJ and I'm certain she'd have been mortified if I'd have gone out and bought a Shelby Cobra or some such.
    Exactly. I have learned this from my ISTP husband.
    I thought that ISTPs were supposed to be very logical creatures? Kinda Spock like.
    But you must get a scooter to get to work on! It may be motorized if you prefer.
    Yeah you know this scooter idea.. I kinda INTP'd it on contact. I'm now looking for one with bigger wheels (better cruising capabilities and more able to conquer stones) lower riding height (to compensate for larger wheels) and proper brakes (so I don't have to shift my feet out of balance to brake). Any ideas?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."
    "Walk into lamp posts regularly." That is the next line isn't it?
    "Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a hole in his head"
    Funny when a bloke does this for a female it's called being "charming" or some such nonsense. "No your arse looks adorable in that dear"
    Congrats. I doubt they'd be thirsty this time around, so hold off the water, yea?
    I was considering some sort of sponge inside the case. Just as a precautionary measure
    * I wasn't seeking to define. I asked that to explore why you felt anything less than flight was a giving up and a betrayal of self in a way.
    I don't. Refusal to fly though because of fear is not really healthy. Sometimes people need to be kicked off the branch and forced to fly or dive and sometimes they need to be given sedatives to be made to rest.
    Enough to know they seldom see the wood for the trees - penchant to selectively seek a minutae of details to clarify endlessly and precisely to the order desired, if Ti is not balanced by Ne? But for no other end than to run the idea to its death. Trying to debate with an immature INTP is frequently a pointless exercise because they do not wish to engage, but merely to prove they are right?
    Not details... concepts. Points of torque. These aren't details but essential points where maximum effect can be gained from minimal effort.

Oh and did you ever think that youthful INTPs argued with you because
    A. You like to argue.
    B. You wanted to win.
    and most importantly
    C. You're a smartass.
    eh?

"I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can't be helped."
    9 here. Mediator. Oh and an NT. Answer is not acceptable. A resolution must be found.
    Gaudi was an NP then.
    That's nice. Who?
    Yes, ENFJ. Wisdom. The NFJ provides the bounds for the NTP to push against. The NTP cannot burn on their own. The NFJ provides the spark for the NTP, and the NTP clarifies the fire for the NFJ. In that meeting is wisdom. And balance.
    Not in my case. I've known too many NFJs. It's much more peaceful. You sure this isn't a whole ENTP thing?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*kicks Xander in the shin in a fiery yet oddly polite manner*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

"Walk into lamp posts regularly." That is the next line isn't it?

Funny when a bloke does this for a female it's called being "charming" or some such nonsense. "No your arse looks adorable in that dear"

I was considering some sort of sponge inside the case. Just as a precautionary measure

I don't. Refusal to fly though because of fear is not really healthy. Sometimes people need to be kicked off the branch and forced to fly or dive and sometimes they need to be given sedatives to be made to rest.

Not details... concepts. Points of torque. These aren't details but essential points where maximum effect can be gained from minimal effort.

Oh and did you ever think that youthful INTPs argued with you because
    A. You like to argue.
    B. You wanted to win.
    and most importantly
    C. You're a smartass.
    eh?

9 here. Mediator. Oh and an NT. Answer is not acceptable. A resolution must be found.

That's nice. Who?

Not in my case. I've known too many NFJs. It's much more peaceful. You sure this isn't a whole ENTP thing?
    you're right. I shall go to sleep now.

Gaudi. Barcelona. Architecture. No straight lines in nature. The construct of La Sagrada Familia is fascinating. As with the model itself.

MBTI
    INTJ

What I wouldn't give to watch the hardcore NTs losing their lunch reading this one
    Now that you mention it, it does sound like fun.

If she is one tenth as stunning as her mother then I'm sure I would be completely under her power within a breath of meeting her.
    My! You are quite the charmer! (She's an ISTJ, and of course, she's very pretty.)

Unfortunately I'm sure my fiancee would voice some objection.
    Certainly she should! And, so would my daughter's boyfriend, I'm afraid.
    I was thinking the very same thing myself yesterday as I walked home.
    Great minds think alike!

Oh I was always the INTP. I'd be the last to pick up how to ride one, the last to learn about a new trick but the first to do it right and also the last to get bored once a particular pursuit had caught my interest.

Believe it or not I first played D&D at the age of ten. I then spent about 6 years with no one to play with but I still bought the books and swatted up, designing characters just for myself. Quite sad really.

Oh and I'm definitely the only person I know of who spent six months in isolation with a book just to perfect one design. I found the perfect calibre of bullet according to the formulae represented in the book. It seemed so important and interesting at the time.

Hmmm let me see..... roughly since I've been able to philosophise so probably since I was about early teens or something.
    The life of an INTP seems oddly similar to the life of an INTJ.

This is why we have a crisis whilst you INTJs stride ahead rarely pausing to note that the INTP is still tearing their hair out over step one
    I will have to remember that.

A sad but profound truth. Also the reason I ended up with a sportscar before I was thirty. My mother always wanted one and died never having owned one. The depressing thing was that she had the money saved up to buy two or three cheap ones so with my inheritance I made sure I lived that dream. Well within reason. She was an ISFJ and I'm certain she'd have been mortified if I'd have gone out and bought a Shelby Cobra or some such.
    Well, I am glad she passed her dream on to you. I'd kinda enjoy a red 67 Mustang myself.

I thought that ISTPs were supposed to be very logical creatures? Kinda Spock like.
    Oh, dear. Houston, we have a problem. I thought INTPs were the Spock-like ones!!

In my ISTP husband's case, logic must serve a practical purpose. Anything that is not practical, that is anti-expedient or inefficient is deemed illogical. He criticizes illogical thoughts only if they're ideas to be implemented. He is a magnificent trouble-shooter. He always has the best ideas for solving problems. They're always the least time consuming and most efficient ideas out of all those offered.

He doesn't spend time thinking about illogical thinking per se. His logic is directly S oriented.

Yeah you know this scooter idea.. I kinda INTP'd it on contact. I'm now looking for one with bigger wheels (better cruising capabilities and more able to conquer stones) lower riding height (to compensate for larger wheels) and proper brakes (so I don't have to shift my feet out of balance to brake). Any ideas?
    Way to go! You're awesome!
    My only advice is keep on doing the research, but don't forget to buy something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *kicks Xander in the shin in a fiery yet oddly polite manner*
    That's the ENFJ signature.

It always makes me laugh when my friend Mike starts a sentence with "I'm sorry to say but.." you just know that the recipient is about to get hung by their entrails in a brutally polite manner.

Gotta love the softly softly catchy monkey and fry the b*** in napalm approach
    you're right. I shall go to sleep now.
    If you're running those late hours again there'll be trouble. No sleep makes aelan a troubled girl.
    Gaudi. Barcelona. Architecture. No straight lines in nature. The construct of La Sagrada Familia is fascinating. As with the model itself.
    Ah. I get that now. Except there are straight lines in nature. It just depends on how you classify natural

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Now that you mention it, it does sound like fun.

It's always nice when you can get the "emotionless" to the state of gibbering wrecks
    My! You are quite the charmer! (She's an ISTJ, and of course, she's very pretty.)
    A pretty ISTJ... now that'd take some getting used to. The ISTJ I know half the psychology is there in the ripped t-shirts, balding head and general lack of care on appearance.
    Certainly she should! And, so would my daughter's boyfriend, I'm afraid.
    Ah I see. Trying to get rid of the biker boyfriend. Cunning.
    Great minds think alike!
    I always thought that with INTPs and INTJs but my INTJ mate just says "yeah you wish". Ho hum.
    The life of an INTP seems oddly similar to the life of an INTJ.
    Oh probably mine does. My whole family were Js so I possibly picked up a little more INTJ when I was young. I figure that INTx youngersters all tend to have similar periods of seclusion to better involve themselves in their current fascination.
    [quote=INTJMom;101630]Well, I am glad she passed her dream on to you. I'd kinda enjoy a red 67 Mustang myself.[//quote]
    Oh it's not necessarily something she would pass on willingly. All those things you are "supposed" to do.. they are always much more important. Well she dropped that before she died. Most disconcerting when your foundation parent, the sensible one, the dutiful one starts vociferously lusting after all the toned males on TV! :eek:
    Oh, dear. Houston, we have a problem. I thought INTPs were the Spock-like ones!!
    INTP = Data, ISTP = Spock. It's a whole nother House thread's worth in that one though.
    In my ISTP husband's case, logic must serve a practical purpose. Anything that is not practical, that is anti-expedient or inefficient is deemed illogical. He criticizes illogical thoughts only if they're ideas to be implemented. He is a magnificent trouble-shooter. He always has the best ideas for solving problems. They're always the least time consuming and most efficient ideas out of all those offered.

He doesn't spend time thinking about illogical thinking per se. His logic is directly S oriented.
    That's what I'd define as being more logical. I think INTPs employ logic but they themselves aren't as logical in practice as an ISTP.
    My only advice is keep on doing the research, but don't forget to buy something.
    Yeah, yeah. Always with the practical bit you INTJs. You just doubt the practicality of just having loads of ideas and stopping before they get implemented. It ensures that no bad ideas are implemented see?

[This will be about the millionth scheme that probably goes nowhere but hell the concept is fun.]