• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it just me?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh dear. You guys are speaking a foreign language.

;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Nah. Just teasing. I know what a mac is. It was in a Beatles song. ;)

" and the banker never wears a mac in the pouring rain, very strange."
Penny Lane

Of course, it was the 1980s before I learned what it meant. :blush:

Though you could feel free to enlighten me on what a thumbstick is.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nah. Just teasing. I know what a mac is. It was in a Beatles song. ;)

" and the banker never wears a mac in the pouring rain, very strange."
Penny Lane

Of course, it was the 1980s before I learned what it meant. :blush:

Though you could feel free to enlighten me on what a thumbstick is.
It's what's known as a "Grandpa-ism" in our family. Basically a long stick (about two thirds your height) with a v in the top to rest your thumb in.

The really worrying ones were "how many beans make 5?" and "What has two lookers, two crookers, four dilly danders, four stiff standers and a wig wag?". I attribute my zany side to my mother who in tern attributed it to her father, he of the "Grandpa-ism" fame :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's what's known as a "Grandpa-ism" in our family. Basically a long stick (about two thirds your height) with a v in the top to rest your thumb in.

The really worrying ones were "how many beans make 5?" and "What has two lookers, two crookers, four dilly danders, four stiff standers and a wig wag?". I attribute my zany side to my mother who in tern attributed it to her father, he of the "Grandpa-ism" fame :)

That sounds like some kind of English local slang meant to describe people. Let me see if I can guess what you mean:

Looker -- Attractive person

Crooker -- Shady person

Dilly-danderer -- Silly person (Second guess was hesitant/tarrying person)

Stiff stander -- Serious person

Wig-wag -- Indecisive person

Was I close? I don't remember hearing this anywhere, but for some reason those are what come to mind when I read them.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Xander. I do not own a mac.
Yes. I know.

Like you, I should like to work in the City.
The regular hours. Fish and chips. Sherry at 3 P.M.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That sounds like some kind of English local slang meant to describe people. Let me see if I can guess what you mean:

Looker -- Attractive person

Crooker -- Shady person

Dilly-danderer -- Silly person (Second guess was hesitant/tarrying person)

Stiff stander -- Serious person

Wig-wag -- Indecisive person

Was I close? I don't remember hearing this anywhere, but for some reason those are what come to mind when I read them.
The answer is actually a cow.

I'll let you muse on that one. The thinking was always the amusing thing to me more than anything else.
Xander. I do not own a mac.
Yes. I know.

Like you, I should like to work in the City.
The regular hours. Fish and chips. Sherry at 3 P.M.
Nooo. I don't actually like living in a city. I grew up in Norfolk. In "the sticks". I like the countryside. The cities are better in rural areas. Coventry is just a petrol stop before Birmingham or Leicester, which are actually worse warts on the landscape. It seems they lost the idea of building with an eye to blending in around here. Well unless they make all the trees grey too!

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
The answer is actually a cow.

I'll let you muse on that one. The thinking was always the amusing thing to me more than anything else.

Aha! See, I would never have guessed the answer, but now that the answer is provided I can see quite clearly how it is the case. Nice. :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Aha! See, I would never have guessed the answer, but now that the answer is provided I can see quite clearly how it is the case. Nice. :)
Ah but how many beans make 5? :D

(I'm beginning to wonder if this could be where I get my side on look to life.)

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll throw it back. You just see if I don't.

Disappears for ages then comes in hurling stuff. Just typical!!!

:hi:

lol. Had read in another thread that you'd feel obliged to respond to anything, so was trying that out. Am still in office. 12 hours soon. bleah.