User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Stupid personal problems

Okay, since I heared I passed my final exams I have some problems. Even though my life is much better now I feel ten times worse. My life in high school was hell on earth and now I'm out of that horrible place my life is okay, but I still feel extremely lost. As I can't get any help for my problems (most psychologists and psychiatrists don't take anyone seriously) I just put down all of my problems in this thread so that someone might read these things and tell me what's wrong with me and what I can do about it.

• Im usually always in the mood for fun stuff, but not anymore. I don't feel like having any fun lately.
    • I have a hard time being proud of myself and being happy when I accomplished something.
    • I need more sleep than usual.
    • On the other hand I must say I have absurdly happy moments too, but I don't know where these moods come from.
    • Even when I'm feeling bad, people seem to think I'm happy. Maybe it's the fact that they can't really notice how other people feel, but I think it's me,
    • But when I have an outburst, people get mad at me and ask me why I think my life is so hard (I don't think so at all, I'm just crazy and I don't want anthing).
    • I need more hugs tan usual.
    • People tell me I'm being very flegmatic lately, but I feel much more than usual.
    • I forget more things. Just a few days ago I forgot about a party I was really looking forward too.
    • I have nightmares. Usually about creepy children, diseases, scary dark forests, murder, me doing stupid things and pop culture villains.
    • I do things I don't want to do, without any reason, probably just to please my family.
    • I shamelessly say stupid things.
    • I feel like smashing things all the time.
    • I'm feeling alone and misunderstood all the time.
    • I'm feeling lost, like my life is heading nowhere and my high school problems will follow me for the rest of my life (thanks to Facebook and things like that.

Is this some graduation depression? I've read about that, but most people with graduation depression feel very nostalgic, while I feel overwhelmed by the bad things that happened. Am I crazy now?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

sounds like depression. Are you lost about what you will do in the future?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

No, you're not crazy.. Sounds like you may be a little listless about what to do next. Graduation is a really confusing time for a lot of people. You've been living the school life for the last 12 years and your mind is probably just absorbing it all, and you're trying to figure out what's next.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    sounds like depression. Are you lost about what you will do in the future?
    I'm not really lostabout that. It's just that the things I want in my future are unacceptable to the people around me (moving to Sweden and live in a house by the sea or a lake, write and raise children when I'm n my mid-twenties). I'm trying to figure out how I can do what I want to do and still be acceptable. That's pretty much of a struggle, as the people I know want me to do completely different things with my life (living in a boring Dutch "Vinex-wijk", getting a 9 to 5 job, marrying and getting kids in my late thirties). To me, it's a huge difference. I'm not able to fulfil a 9 to 5 job, I'm not able to live much longer in a boring, new neighbourhood without any nature around and I feel the need to have a nice family too much to wait another twenty years (no, my family isn't good enough).
    About depressions: I was depressed between 2005 and 2007 and that was different. If a certain person wasn't around back then, I would have been dead.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No, you're not crazy.. Sounds like you may be a little listless about what to do next. Graduation is a really confusing time for a lot of people. You've been living the school life for the last 12 years and your mind is probably just absorbing it all, and you're trying to figure out what's next.
    I agree with this.

I remember when I graduated, I had a bittersweet sort of realization. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I was happy to be done with high school but at the same time I wasn't.

I didn't really like high school that much but it was something I was used to.

EDIT: As far as being acceptable...WHAT? You will find that it's pretty hard to make yourself happy and make the people around you happy. You don't have any responsibility to anyone but yourself.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

PROOOOZAC!

Just kidding.
    You're not crazy. You're changing, and people deal with change differently. I honestly don't think it's depression... more like temporary melancholy.
    Little things might help, like not going on Facebook.
    I find that site to be incredibly depressing sometimes.
    As for me graduating, I didn't really think back on it...I have the opposite problem where I want to burn a bridge as fast as possible and pretend the past never happened, and that's what I did with graduating.

You can PM me more stuff if you want, since the stuff you wrote isn't really helping me understand your situation any more than 'it's just a phase'.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Maybe you just have hard time adjusting to life after school? This doesent sound like depression imo. Just try to move on and let go of the past. And by moving on i mean not comparing yourself on the past etc.

The problems you have been ranting about elsewhere also i think is strongly related to your father and his tendency to try to control everything. Have you tried seriously talking to him about how this is effecting you and making you feel miserable? And done it by explaining how this method of his may work with some people, but its only doing you harm? Does he know about mbti? If not maybe try explaining some of the basics to him and explaining how this is effecting you with mbti terms. But the most important thing with this is to make him understand that his methods work with many people, but not with your type or he will certainly refuse to understand that his methods arent working and he will just be more hard on you.

And stop thinking that your problems are stupid, emotions are totally relative and you cant say that what you feel is stupid because someone else would feel differently on same situation.

ThatGirl

Sounds to me like you are feeling trapped/frustrated. One of the things about high school is that you know it will end someday, and that in itself is a goal to keep you focused.

Then one day you graduate.....and nothing really changes. You are hit with real world possibilities and things like that. A lot of people can take a stance that if it is not broken don't fix it. Don't try new things, learn or explore. We grow up being taught that the bluebird of happiness is in our own back yard and that those who have strayed have always returned to their root ideals.

First of all, don't expect anything major to happen over night. If your goals are unacceptable, assign them a logical plan with logical reasons to carry them out. Work toward them and enjoy them when you get there.

Don't EVER let someone tell you what your life should be. At the end of the day, they are not there with you. They aren't living from your perception, or dealing with things that you do. Everyone has an opinion. Most of them are based off of what works/ed for them.

Find a plan to get excited about and work toward it.

The spark will come back.

*Disclaimer: that is just my opinion, I only read half the OP and a sentence here and there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm not sure exactly what's happening or what you should do about long term.

Short term, I do have a suggestion: Try and get a working visa to go where you want to go, or if you can't do that take a holiday or try to get work in an area far from home. It can just be a holiday job at first or something more permanent, but at least it will get you out of a rut and into something new.

Ginkgo

Sounds like adulthood... DUN DUN DUN.