User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Controling people with my mind

Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Well I know that some ENFP's seem to have this to INFJ's and I kind of understood that. But this has just got out of my hands, and its not cute anymore. It's a bit painful that people seem to understand u so easily and u try to understand how they could have understood you.

ThatGirl

I think that is a sign of schizophrenia.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

It's self-delusion.

You can't manipulate external events with your mind; you're simply configuring internal interpretation.

That is to say, it's all in your head, bud. You're confusing connection with coincidence. If this becomes invasive or difficult to put aside, you might want to consider professional treatment.

Best of luck.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and I shall agree with TG and Night... no es posible
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Even if you had psychic powers, they wouldn't be controlling people. You wouldn't actually control people, just anticipate their responses and reactions.

Hey, maybe you could tell me what my questions will be on tomorrow's exam?

P.S. The answer to your question: no.
    Last edited by Reflection; 06-27-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: grammar, gah
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Deja vu on repeat.

The arrogance/ignorance on some people lolz

MBTI
    ENFJ

For you it might be a matter of body language.

I've had the feeling that I've influenced events by thinking at them hard enough, especially when it came to things being cancelled due to random unfortunate events, and have had the feeling that I killed famous people by mentioning them disparagingly...

You've just got to stop thinking it. Even if it doesn't get you sent to a crazy house, it does end up making you very superstitious.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Well I know that some ENFP's seem to have this to INFJ's and I kind of understood that. But this has just got out of my hands, and its not cute anymore. It's a bit painful that people seem to understand u so easily and u try to understand how they could have understood you.
    Sorry, that's just me controlling you into thinking you control other people.

PS: I agree with what's been said by other posters. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTP

You can "control" people with your mind to a tiny degree but not in the manner you're speaking of. What you think effects your behavior and there is a pattern to the reactions this gets from others to the extent that one learns to think/do certain things for certain outcomes, including other people. This is known as emotional manipulation and it's so widespread that most of the time it goes unnoticed.

The composition of thought (cause) and desired outcome (effect) is your persona which also follows a pattern (we often try to reduce this down to simpler preferences like MBTI but it really cannot be simplified). Over time the pattern of your persona will result in a pattern of results which becomes familiar to you (expectations)

So to answer your question, the reason you believe you can control what happens is because you recognize the patterned result of your own behavior and falsely attribute this to your expectations. Although self-awareness and self-control are good things, it's healthy to realize that you and your mind are a part of reality rather than in control of any of it, you are dictated by truth and not the dictator thereof.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Make an experiment for yourself:

Try to sway a conversation or a person's actions by thinking about something. Count every success AND every failure.
    I think you'll be surprised with the results if you're honest.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche