User Tag List

First 12

The Scientologists would love you. I hope you give them lots of money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Make an experiment for yourself:

Try to sway a conversation or a person's actions by thinking about something. Count every success AND every failure.
    I think you'll be surprised with the results if you're honest.
    yeah do this. it sounds like fun...try to think something random like popsicle and try to get the person you're talking with to say it.

i have had that weird crazy coincendence where i've been thinking of someone all day...like my mother...thinking i need to call her because it's been awhile and get home from work and she calls me...sometimes with friends too...is that similar to what you're talking about?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Smile

If you can control people with your mind, then your mind can be controlled by other people.

On this path madness lies.

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w"]Crazy[/YOUTUBE]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Well I know that some ENFP's seem to have this to INFJ's and I kind of understood that. But this has just got out of my hands, and its not cute anymore. It's a bit painful that people seem to understand u so easily and u try to understand how they could have understood you.
    If you aren't doing it on purpose, then how is it control? It is out of your control. The only control you have is pattern perception, but perceiving a pattern does not mean you are causing it to happen. It's like if I won the lotto twice in a row - that doesn't mean I'm 'lucky' or 'special', it means that I got the right number twice, and it also means that there was a series of events that led up to me winning the lotto twice.

Plus, coincidences tend to be perceived readily because people are often on the same "wave length". If you are in the same situation with someone, like seeing a movie or riding in a car, you'll probably be thinking similar thoughts about your environment.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Is that actually possible. Ok let's just start from here: I know I'm quiet unhealthy person atm. But I get the feeling sometimes that I can sometimes purposely but most of the time unpurposely control people with my mind. Sometimes when I think of something, people around me seem to be picking up on that subject even if I never said anything. For example I can think of a friend far away, and when I check my mobile I've got a message that says something that I was actually thinking about (not the exact words I used in my head) and It was sent at the same time I was thinking about it. Is that simple coincidence or is it the fact that people I meet seem to understand how I function right away and can predict my every move? Do I have a telepathic connection to people without even knowing it?

Man, I love NFJs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think what you are talking about is probability. Like for instance tomorrow I know my mom will call me to ask me what Im doing before 4pm, because thats when the soccer game starts tomorrow. Plus I know it will probably be either at around 11am - 12 or at 2pm, because thats when shes going from work. So it is probability. On other times I have known when she calls within 5 minutes aswell but I attribute it to probability not because of some psychic connection.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post

Man, I love NFJs.
    No.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

And here I was expecting a thread about manipulating people with words .

Possibilities:

1. No this cannot happen and what you described is simply coincidence.
    2. Yes, your mind is actually influencing them in some way.
    3. Have you ever considered the possibility that it's not you who is influencing them, but the other way round? Like, for somebody who believes in psychics, they might say that you're simply perceiving events that will happen in the future so it's the future event that influences your thoughts, and then after you think them, they happen?

Could you give us a few more examples?
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're not controlling people with your mind, that's for sure, but it's highly possible that you're telepathic with certain inviduals. It does happen sometimes between people who are close, and it happens to a lot of people. They've done research on this sort of thing at Duke University in their Parapsychology Lab, so don't listen to the haters.

I mean, it's healthy to be skeptical of course, and again, YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT CONTROLLING PEOPLE WITH YOUR MIND but you could be empathetically connected with certain loved ones.