User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default Why Do Some People Take Pride in Being a [any negative expletive]?

Out of all people, I chose to look up Dustin Diamond. This is just out of pure curiosity. For example saying things like "I know I'm a dick... deal with it." What's the purpose of going out of your way to be one?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I wouldn't put it in my social profile, but I like that I have a strong willpower. As long as the motivation is there which I'm lacking at the moment. I just need Oa to mail me my power ring.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Glycerine

hahahahahaha. That's great.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think sometimes it's about taking pride in a characteristic that according to others makes you a [negative expletive] but that you don't feel is negative at all.

Like "oh, you're so mean". No, I'm objective. Maybe I like objectivity. But since it's often classified as meanness, might as well show others that I don't take it as offensive.

Just an example. And no, I'm not talking about me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't quite understand this mentality.

All I can say is, when it comes to people calling me a bitch? I take it with a grain of salt. I am who I am, and if they label my personality as bitchy, than that's just what I am.. I don't get that same feedback from everyone, so I don't see a need to identify a problem.

If I got a constant intervention from friends about what a bitch I was, however, I would have to acknowledge that mayhap it is myself and not others and start to introspect as to why this behavior is being displayed by myself and go from there.

So mayhap people take pride in being who they are, no matter what they're being labeled as by others? Mayhap people that are close to him or her don't see them that way, so the label just isn't the insult that it's being made out to be? I can't say for sure.

With that said, I do know people that take absolute pride and even go out of their way to be known as an asshole or a dick or a bitch.. This seems like a lack of self to me, like they enjoy this title because it's consistent, so they maintain it because its an identity, albeit not a good one. Just speculating now. /rant
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think sometimes it's about taking pride in a characteristic that according to others makes you a [negative expletive] but that you don't feel is negative at all.

Like "oh, you're so mean". No, I'm objective. Maybe I like objectivity. But since it's often classified as meanness, might as well show others that I don't take it as offensive.

Just an example. And no, I'm not talking about me.
    That sounds plausible. Just hypothetically, what if no one wants to be around the said person because of it though? Is it just his problem or is it everyone else's problem?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

All I can say is, when it comes to people calling me a bitch? I take it with a grain of salt. I am who I am, and if they label my personality as bitchy, than that's just what I am.. I don't get that same feedback from everyone, so I don't see a need to identify a problem.

If I got a constant intervention from friends about what a bitch I was, however, I would have to acknowledge that mayhap it is myself and not others and start to introspect as to why this behavior is being displayed by myself and go from there.

So mayhap people take pride in being who they are, no matter what they're being labeled as by others? Mayhap people that are close to him or her don't see them that way, so the label just isn't the insult that it's being made out to be? I can't say for sure.

With that said, I do know people that take absolute pride and even go out of their way to be known as an asshole or a dick or a bitch.. This seems like a lack of self to me, like they enjoy this title because it's consistent, so they maintain it because its an identity, albeit not a good one. Just speculating now. /rant
    FWIW, I have never thought of you as a "bitch". It may sometimes come down to intentions. I know some people that others may label as a [negative expletive] that are just brutally honest and others that trash talk about everyone. Thanks for your insights.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I'm guilty of being a bitch. And it is who I am, but usually not to this extent. There are good reasons for my bitchy behavior, at least in my own mind. Which brings me to this: I've reassessed the situation and come to the conclusion that indeed, maybe everything I've been perceiving is somehow all in my head, and by this I mean, an actual clinical abnormality. So, I have written to someone knowledgeable about such things, hoping for a little help as to what might actually be going on with me and some good advice regarding medication to help balance me up a bit. So, sorry to all I may have insulted, I'm just going through a very difficult thing right now, and because I can't seem to get any practical advise from anyone, will most likely look into medication.

For now, I'm going to put this laptop on a shelf somewhere and try to stay completely off the forums as I don't actually think it is helping at all to read these posts and in fact, may indeed be very harmful to my state of mind. Nothing against any of you actually - it's just me and my crazy perception of life in general.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

True, I wouldn't label anyone regardless of how they choice to express themselves. You are who you are, but what your describing is really a case of people not being mature enough to see anyone elses perspective but their own or lack of intergrity. I used to be a person who don't, no, can't (triple negatives in the same sentence!!!! ultra!ultra!ultra!) take crap from people, but nowdays I try not to speak my mind unless it's worth the headache later on.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    I'm guilty of being a bitch. And it is who I am, but usually not to this extent. There are good reasons for my bitchy behavior, at least in my own mind. Which brings me to this: I've reassessed the situation and come to the conclusion that indeed, maybe everything I've been perceiving is somehow all in my head, and by this I mean, an actual clinical abnormality. So, I have written to someone knowledgeable about such things, hoping for a little help as to what might actually be going on with me and some good advice regarding medication to help balance me up a bit. So, sorry to all I may have insulted, I'm just going through a very difficult thing right now, and because I can't seem to get any practical advise from anyone, will most likely look into medication.

For now, I'm going to put this laptop on a shelf somewhere and try to stay completely off the forums as I don't actually think it is helping at all to read these posts and in fact, may indeed be very harmful to my state of mind. Nothing against any of you actually - it's just me and my crazy perception of life in general.
    ha! No, I was not offended by anything you have written or for that matter, anyone, in particular.