First 2345 Last

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I refer to myself as an asshole or that nasty "C" word. It's not that i strive to be one, but it's because i recognize my lack of sympathy for certain situations can be abnormal. Also, my thoughts toward humanity aren't exactly filled of niceties. I'm so not politically correct either.

I would rather let others know that i am aware of it and embrace the term than have it be negative to myself when i really don't have a problem with it. However, i don't think people should go out of their way to fit a negative description. Acknowledge it if it is apparent - change it if it is harmful - embrace it if it isn't.

Also, i'm not lacking confidence, nor am i the owner of an abundance of it. Your example in the OP comes across as the problematic sort who has no awareness of the harmful qualities of his own traits and would rather work hard to fit the bill.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    i recognize my lack of sympathy for certain situations can be abnormal. Also, my thoughts toward humanity aren't exactly filled of niceties. I'm so not politically correct either.
    I'm a lot the same way. You brought an interesting differentiation and good point.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Is that really confidence though? The most confident person I know is far being an asshole.
    Confidence tricksters exude confidence. Watch the way astrologers speak, and watch the way the way the speak about MBTI. They speak with immense confidence. And interestingly that they speak with confidence about things we know very little.

And that's the trick, for to speak with confidence engenders trust. And when they have our trust, they can make suggestions that we are likely to follow uncritically.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I would rather be an asshole than a piece of shit.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTP

It bugs me when people say stuff like, "Yeah, I'm just really blunt; that's just how I am," or some such statement. Like the rest of the world should just learn to suck it up, while they get to say whatever they want. It's one thing if you have an actual problem figuring out how to interact, or for instance, you try to phrase things diplomatically, but still end up saying things too bluntly. But usually it's more of a "yeah, I can't be bothered to act like a human being, so you should deal if you want to hang out with me." I don't usually remain friends very long with people like that. It's usually a pretty good indicator of narcissism and/or insensitivity.
    Something Witty

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've got the answer to this one, the world is messed up.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It bugs me when people say stuff like, "Yeah, I'm just really blunt; that's just how I am," or some such statement. Like the rest of the world should just learn to suck it up, while they get to say whatever they want. It's one thing if you have an actual problem figuring out how to interact, or for instance, you try to phrase things diplomatically, but still end up saying things too bluntly. But usually it's more of a "yeah, I can't be bothered to act like a human being, so you should deal if you want to hang out with me." I don't usually remain friends very long with people like that. It's usually a pretty good indicator of narcissism and/or insensitivity.
    Absolutely true that, I've worked in a variety of organisations where this is the stock and trade of managers, they're generally people who've come in at the bottom rung, been a disaster in any interface with the public and then climbed that ladder, continuing to be a disaster with their employees but so unshakeable are they in their belief that "It's not me, its really you" that they are considered to be the right stuff for management.

I do think its narcissism, its small consolation to know that they're so messed up and dont even realise it that they'll never really be objectively that good interpersonal skills wise because they get rewarded so many other ways.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I think its a self-esteem booster. Everybody has their flaws, so they more than likely want to feel good about those flaws and look at it as something to be proud of. Sort of like how warriors come back from war and show off their battle scars to women.

Plus, apparently, sterotypically, women like dicks. Straight women that is...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've got the answer to this one, the world is messed up.
    Sadly, I have to agree
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Whot if I said "Yes, I *AM* a bitch! =D "?

I happen to consider it to have a great deal many positive connotations, and very few negative ones. It's insulting that people would say otherwise :O

Or whot about being a bastard? I knew a friend who actually was one... his mother and father weren't married when he was born. If people called him a bastard, he'd be like "Yes... whot's yeur point?"

I think alot of it's point of view in some cases, but other times it's just people who are happy to be jerks because they really are that mean and just don't care.