User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default People who refuse to change their unhappy situations.

I don't get the logic behind this.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

There isn't any.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    There isn't any.
    There's gotta be some psychological thing going on there.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Never underestimate the destructive power of confidence lost.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Denial/anger/fear/feelings of helplessness cripple problem solving abilities or undermine the motivation required to enact the solution.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't get the logic behind this.
    You and me both!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Copy pasted from my thread:

One of my friends posts stuff like this on facebook.

As I get older, I like people less and less. Cant wait to get home and be away from people. My babies will cheer me up. What would I do without them.

She works in retail and makes minimum wage. She refuses to change her life around to make herself happier. Her "babies" that she is referring to are cats. She's Catholic- The kind that hates everyone else and their actions. She's a vegetarian and imposes her vegetarian beliefs on everyone around her. (Hates barbecues because it has meat, etc.)

She was my best friend in highschool. Our upbringings were similar. She has a clinical depression, doesn't want to up her meds or do anything about it. When I say, "go get an application for somewhere else" she says, "The grass is not greener on the other side." I feel like we're speaking two different languages. I can't stand this trait in people.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I can't stand this trait in people.
    If you can't stand your "friends", maybe you need to change your situation? Or maybe she'll find this post and change it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Copy pasted from my thread:

One of my friends posts stuff like this on facebook.

As I get older, I like people less and less. Cant wait to get home and be away from people. My babies will cheer me up. What would I do without them.

She works in retail and makes minimum wage. She refuses to change her life around to make herself happier. Her "babies" that she is referring to are cats. She's Catholic- The kind that hates everyone else and their actions. She's a vegetarian and imposes her vegetarian beliefs on everyone around her. (Hates barbecues because it has meat, etc.)

She was my best friend in highschool. Our upbringings were similar. She has a clinical depression, doesn't want to up her meds or do anything about it. When I say, "go get an application for somewhere else" she says, "The grass is not greener on the other side." I feel like we're speaking two different languages. I can't stand this trait in people.

Lemme guess. ISTJ? ISFJ?

Actually, I feel like this to a large degree, but I just can't quit people, no matter how frustrated I can feel by them. Taking more meds might bandaid the problem, but it's really not her fault, or any of our faults, that our current mode of living is causing us cornucopias of grief. I'd be reticent to take meds too. I'd think the world needed to change, not me.

I hate when people push their agendas on others though, like with the diet. Food nazis are horrible! :steam:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

While having a few margaritas at a TGIFriday's after work one evening, I was hanging out with a table of folks who were all contractors from various industries that were building a new prison in a town about 45 minutes from here.

One of the fellows uttered a priceless pearl of wisdom toward the end of the evening.

A young man in the group was interested in one of the ladies, and she was interested in him, but not letting on that she was. As she and her friend left for the ladies room, the guy next to me told the young would-be ladies man the following: "You have to make the move big guy, if you don't act you will lose your opportunity."

The young guy said "I'll make a move when I feel it's the right time."

The other dude then said: "You are afraid of your greatness, not failure, everyone is."

I almost fell out, not only because the saying and the timing of the remark were classic, but because it is true.

FAILURE is easy to live with, there is no responsibility in managing its outcomes, but several free tickets to wallow in your own self pity.

Dealing with GREATNESS is a much more difficult matter. You must maintain your level of performance, you must not fall below a certain threshold, you must prove for more than a given moment that you have what it takes to be the man of the hour, the chosen one, the BBMFIC (Big Bad Motherfucker In Charge).

It is now my opinion that many people accept the role of the victim, in order to remain in the comfort of their failures, in order to forgoe trying to better themselves, in order be OK with barely maintaing the minimum acceptable level of performance that life places on them.

This type of thinking is a pity, for each moment we live is ours but once; each second that passses brings us one step closer to the grave. In my final moments the thoughts that will bring me solace are the great moments of my life, the times when I looked fate in the eye and forged an outcome of my choosing, the times when I rolled the dice on myself having what it took to make things happen and winning the bet. Those who embrace failure and mediocrity will pass into a different oblivion, unless they muster the courage to pursue their own greatness, and the fortitude to live with it once they attain it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro