User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, everyone needs to be more social, I think. It's the primate way.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I don't need alone time as much as I need a lot of space, am content on my own and have a strong desire for privacy. How much space and time depends subjectively on what's going on and who I'm around, my preference for fun time is to be around other people but I can achieve as much space as I want at the same time by being around strangers rather than interacting with people I know.

MBTI
    ENTP

I wish I wasn't alone right now.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

What kind of interaction would you enjoy having right now?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Is a week the limit or could you go more?
    I think I've been max 10 days, I did feel better when I got to speak with somebody, but I wasn't feeling particularly lonely (well, maybe I was just unaware of my loneliness)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I get really anxious and bored without human contact (even the Internet doesn't help with this) and that tends to send me into a depressive episode, so I prefer at least some human contact.

On the other hand, I sometimes get an overwhelming claustrophobia around people also and I either shut down or try to get out of the situation.

Can't win either way it seems.

sammy

It depends on what I've been up to that day or week or month. On average, I need at least a ratio of 1:5 hours out of the day for alone time. This does not include significant others. I do not require much time apart from him but it's nice to do your own thing while still near one another. I guess I would then have to define "alone time" as being entirely alone (so, no communication through online mediums or texting) and sans SO being a factor.

If I am being forced to socialize, I require a ratio of about 4:5 hours out of the day alone directly after the event. I get burned out by forced interaction. Something that isn't forced and is minimal contact with others would require recharge time of 2:5 hours just to make sure I'm eating and sleeping properly still. I can easily go too many days in "Party Mode" and not eat/sleep properly as a result. I can perform optimally no matter what mode, but it's going to cost me later.

I've gone through periods of time where I will self-isolate for months from friends and even family. This happens more rarely as I get older, but it was pretty common for most of my life.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

A few hours every day or I get batty. I use alone time more as a reprieve from thinking than as a place for thinking about things, though. I do a lot of my thinking while interacting with other people.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ----

i'm usually alone in the shower. that's enough.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    It depends on what I've been up to that day or week or month. On average, I need at least a ratio of 1:5 hours out of the day for alone time. This does not include significant others. I do not require much time apart from him but it's nice to do your own thing while still near one another. I guess I would then have to define "alone time" as being entirely alone (so, no communication through online mediums or texting) and sans SO being a factor.

If I am being forced to socialize, I require a ratio of about 4:5 hours out of the day alone directly after the event. I get burned out by forced interaction. Something that isn't forced and is minimal contact with others would require recharge time of 2:5 hours just to make sure I'm eating and sleeping properly still. I can easily go too many days in "Party Mode" and not eat/sleep properly as a result. I can perform optimally no matter what mode, but it's going to cost me later.

I've gone through periods of time where I will self-isolate for months from friends and even family. This happens more rarely as I get older, but it was pretty common for most of my life.
    What about at work? That's forced interaction. (Unless you work solo)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.