User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Fascinating, truly fascinating. *ponders the responses*

Lies!! Extroverts are never alone!!

Glycerine

I want like 5-10 hours of alone time every 1-2 days but spread out or 1-2 days filled w/ activity and 1 day of rest.. I'm most definitely an introverted extrovert. I start freaking out if I'm non-stop busy for 3+ days or if I spend more than a day alone and if there's way too much noise (sensory overload). My mind likes to pay attention all the conversations going on around me.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I don't need alone time per se, but i need time away from negative humanoids, to be around people in a relaxed setting, or simply be around the correct people. The second two are a bit difficult to acquire, which is why alone time comes into play.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

A couple of hours a day unless I really like the people that I'm with, in which case I can go longer without needing time alone. When I'm under a lot of stress or don't like the people around me, I spend more time alone.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

My SO falls asleep within 5 minutes if she stops moving and is alone. I've really never seen anything like it.

That is so funny. I have a cousin who told me a similar thing, "I fall asleep after the lights are turned off and my glasses are off because I can't see anything." I wish that would happen to me. My mind is just whirring while I try to sleep. I have to read something incredibly boring and convince myself that I've exhausted all interesting thoughts for the day before I can fall asleep.

ThatGirl

I need alone time everyday. I can stay extroverted for a few weeks at a time but only if my daily needs are met. I usually "caccoon" for about a solid week monthly (no it has nothing to do with being a female).

Two days of solid company in a row and I get cranky, stop talking.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm alone a lot. I really only hang out with my housemate until the weekend. He is an INTP and we'll hang out on the couch for a couple hours a day with our laptops or we'll get breakfast and argue about some petty intellectual bullshit. If I say X, he is sure to say Y and vice versa. Some people joke that we're like a married couple. He's definitely my bro.

On the weekends, I go a bit nuts. I end up totally overcommitting to various events.

I get pretty worn out from socializing and recover during the week. I end up making too many commitments and feeling too close to people to feel comfortable. I prefer being social in a very limited and superficial way, which is why I seem to leave parties early sometimes or bounce from event to event. I hate awkward silences. I would rather leave.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Fascinating, truly fascinating. *ponders the responses*
    Indeed. *rubs nonexistent beard*

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    A day, or just a few hours. Depends. But generally, I'd say I need more we-time than me-time.
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    A day of alone time is the maximum. Two days and I'm thoroughly depressed.
    Me too, it didn't used to be that way though. I think I am changing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I need alone time a couple of times a year, but for a very significant amount of time. Like, I hate being alone generally except once every like 6 months i'll want to take an entire week alone to refocus or something
    when you take the week, do you turn off your phone, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I don't need alone time per se, but i need time away from negative humanoids, to be around people in a relaxed setting, or simply be around the correct people. The second two are a bit difficult to acquire, which is why alone time comes into play.
    I think you have just nailed what it is that I feel. Thanks! I could spend an infinite amount of time around the right person and in the right setting. The right setting seems to vary from being at home hanging out with just one person to being out somewhere in public around large groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    My SO falls asleep within 5 minutes if she stops moving and is alone. I've really never seen anything like it.
    lol that is hilarious. She must be super busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I'm alone a lot. I really only hang out with my housemate until the weekend. He is an INTP and we'll hang out on the couch for a couple hours a day with our laptops or we'll get breakfast and argue about some petty intellectual bullshit. If I say X, he is sure to say Y and vice versa. Some people joke that we're like a married couple. He's definitely my bro.

On the weekends, I go a bit nuts. I end up totally overcommitting to various events.

I get pretty worn out from socializing and recover during the week. I end up making too many commitments and feeling too close to people to feel comfortable. I prefer being social in a very limited and superficial way, which is why I seem to leave parties early sometimes or bounce from event to event. I hate awkward silences. I would rather leave.
    A few questions...

Do you prefer living with introverts or extroverts? If you've ever lived with extroverts what was that like for you?

That's funny that you recover during the week. lol A lot of people use the weekend to recover from the work week, but you do the opposite. Do you still feel too close to people even with overcommitting and "blazing" through? Do you think you just get bored quickly? I think that's fairly normal and for that reason I can't stand being stuck in one social event for the entire day/night but it happens all-too-often.