User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Photographic memory? Yes- I do it too.. When I'm stumped, I'll go, "I remember I wrote this in that corner of the paper, in that size."

It apparently didn't help me in cytology. Remembering various squamous, simple-squamous, cells, erythrocytes was a total nightmare!

Edit- I also like taking notes on copy paper. It allows for more versatility in how I 'group' my notes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

The absolute worst thing, though, is when you can remember how everything else on the page looked like except for the answer you're looking for. Happened to me just last week.

(I wrote on the exam that I could remember exactly where it was written, but for the life of me couldn't remember what it actually said.)
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    The absolute worst thing, though, is when you can remember how everything else on the page looked like except for the answer you're looking for. Happened to me just last week.

(I wrote on the exam that I could remember exactly where it was written, but for the life of me couldn't remember what it actually said.)
    LOL. I know what you mean. I sit there visualizing the page, mentally straining to read the words. Sometimes you can vaguely see the shape of them but can't quite work out what they say.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    LOL. I know what you mean. I sit there visualizing the page, mentally straining to read the words. Sometimes you can vaguely see the shape of them but can't quite work out what they say.
    Exactly! Just the vague outlines of something and you're straining to read it, as if you were myopic (well, I am, but without glasses I mean). It's so frustrating sometimes.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Information in my brain is either organized completely nonvisually or completely visually, and never the twain shall meet.

It's quite annoying.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I think in pictures. In fact, I notice that it takes a lot of cognitive resources to think in terms of language. I started talking very late, but learned to read very quickly. Even to this day, I generally don't sound out words in my head when I'm reading them, instead processing the information visually.

The upside is that I process info pretty quickly. When I'm asked a question, I start seeing pictures in my head, and can make connections and come to conclusions based upon these images (helps a lot in trivia contests). Likewise, it helps with my sense of direction, because I keep a mental map in my head.

The downside is that it's going to take me several stabs at doing something if you give me text without accompanying photos, or instruct via speech. I'll often respond to these commands to the effect of "I don't know what that's supposed to look like", even when it's been demonstrated. The difference is that, of course, I know what it looks like objectively, but have no clue how it looks subjectively. This can be very frustrating.

Anyone else like this?
    I think we have a thread similar to this somewhere else, or at least I remember talking about it. I'm the exact same way. I think in movies and pictures. I find it pointless for me to sit through lectures when I learn by reading, writing, and doing. I'm a slow reader because everything must be translated into a picture. When I get something, I really, really get it. I hold on to a high percentage of things that I learn. I have very few thoughts that are not visual.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

my entp best friend says almost what you said OMT about visual memory. She can also remember the exact words used in conversations-convos held months or even years in the past-like photographic memory but instead with words. I have noticed a number of Ti users who have a substantially delay as they try and translate the visual thought into verbal words-INTPs especially. I have also seen ENTPs who are non english speakers delay a very long time or even stutter as they try and do the same task but I guess find the precise word in addition to translating from visual to verbal.

I think in blobs and flow charts. However I have a babbling river of subvocal dialogue that accompanies everything. I am superb at maps, but suck at innate orientation. I require a white board and marker to draw out the flow charts.

However to talk about Fi? Almost impossible-I cant find words, and I almost stutter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't think I have visual thinking. I can barely visualize anything in my head at all. I can visualize patterns I guess. Like to remember a phone number sometimes I remember the pattern of dialing it and not the actual numbers themselves. Same thing for my ATM pin.

When I am trying to think through some idea it is like my mind kind of has a network of connected nodes or something and I'm just hopping around from one to the other trying to see what works. I can almost see myself moving around through these in my head. Like a map if possibilities maybe, but very nondescript, more like a flowchart.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I'm pretty non-visual in thinking. I have lots of abstract ideas but they do not seem to be visual. I find it hard to think in pictures, i probably work better with drawing lines in my mind though, to make connections.
    This is kind of what I have.. the lines in my head to make the connections.

MBTI
    STP

I think in words/concepts and not visually at all and have a very hard time translating that into speech almost like I cant do them both at the same time. My speech has to follow my thought pattern.
    Im out, its been fun