• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te users....

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you ever feel like you speak more than you should?

You are an extrovert. That's OK.

So, is there something you think you talk about more than you should?

Forget about criticism. You're perfect the way you are.

Really.

What do you want to say or what do you think? :)

T

ThatGirl

No. My problem is that I don't speak enough. I'm too focused on phrasing everything perfectly with no excessive words that I typically end up not elaborating enough and then people misunderstand what I'm saying. I also cant talk if I know people are tuning out because it feels like a total waste of effort so I tend to keep it very short.

Yeah, recognizing this is what led me to.....

I was referencing more of the, tell other people exactly where I am going with something and why.

I developed this habit in order to be met with less resistance by eliminating doubt. What I find it actually does is make people paranoid that you are not trustworthy. People think, if she is capable of working this situation in her favor, why not ones that involve myself?

Was just wondering if anyone else had tried the same approach and fallen into the same rut.

T

ThatGirl

You are an extrovert. That's OK.

So, is there something you think you talk about more than you should?

Forget about criticism. You're perfect the way you are.

Really.

What do you want to say or what do you think? :)

I'd rather not have to explain myself at all. I would rather simply be on the same page with other people.

Lol....resists....urge.....to do it.....again!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not usually, but Im not heavy Te

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been told i should but i don't have a lot to say most of the time

I just realized it said te users and not to users. I'm not a te user so yeah

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Only have tertiary Te but I used to do this, yes. When I was younger I often over-explained stuff. Nowadays I can articulate my points way more clearly and condensed, without having some important related detail missing in my logical explanation. Recently I've often gotten more feedback on this from different people, amongst colleagues I work with. They also say I can explain how and why very clearly, logical and condensed but I can come across as forceful.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I get on a subject that engages me, yes sometimes I can go overboard. But I've also practiced active listening for a long time as well. Of course if someone annoys me, they usually only get one or two word responses from me. So I suppose it depends.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Not quite but sorta.

Sometimes when I get excited about something, usually when someone is willing to listen to something I'm intellectually interested in (like typology), or say brainstorming for a future business idea, or even reflecting on myself therapeutically... then I can go on these fast and jumpy ramblings, which I usually end up laughing at and apologizing for. But that's definitely more Ne than Te.

With regards to Te, sometimes I say things I probably shouldn't have said, or should have worded differently. I'll usually only realize in hindsight what a dumbass or dick I was. Once, in a job interview, I was asked about my greatest strength, and for some fucking reason, I answered "I'm a straight shooter, I like that about myself".
That's also the reason managers tend to eventually dislike me. Oopsies. (They still hired me cuz they're dumb - joke's on them ;) )

Te? Yeah I’ve seen that guy in the hall. We’ve never spoken, just nodded while passing each other.

Are you kidding? Most people don’t know I’m capable of speech. A grunt, a monosyllabic utterance is the most 99% of people are getting. Savor it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te? Yeah I’ve seen that guy in the hall. We’ve never spoken, just nodded while passing each other.

Are you kidding? Most people don’t know I’m capable of speech. A grunt, a monosyllabic utterance is the most 99% of people are getting. Savor it.
You seem to engage well enough with it here - in fact, quite well from what I have seen.

You seem to engage well enough with it here - in fact, quite well from what I have seen.

See that’s the thing- I’m so function blind I’m not sure when I’m using what most of the time. Fi Ne sure I’m able to identify those fairly easily.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See that’s the thing- I’m so function blind I’m not sure when I’m using what most of the time. Fi Ne sure I’m able to identify those fairly easily.
I meant that you have no problem interacting with those of us who rely upon it significantly.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I think you have excellent access to your Te for an INFP, but it's usually sorta reactive (platform for Fi grievances). Basically, you use it well but it's less productive or concerned with objective analysis. I think you have a healthier grasp of Si, which shows in your nostalgic storytelling.

Of course, I could be mistaken, but this is what I see.

I on the other hand have shit Si, and when I reminisce, it's either overly idealistic and detached from reality, or it's overly negative and fatalistic. I also have difficulty organizing/integrating concrete data before moving on to the next interesting tidbit (which is actually a sensing thing). I have yet to master Te, but I'm working on it (I mostly find myself being really skeptical of the validity of information and I want to see how it's been measured or who measured it and with what qualifications - I'm also lazy with Ti and would rather somewhat trust a proven expert than go the extra mile myself).

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I on the other hand have shit Si, and when I reminisce, it's either overly idealistic and detached from reality, or it's overly negative and fatalistic. I also have difficulty organizing/integrating concrete data before moving on to the next interesting tidbit (which is actually a sensing thing). I have yet to master Te, but I'm working on it (I mostly find myself being really skeptical of the validity of information and I want to see how it's been measured or who measured it and with what qualifications - I'm also lazy with Ti and would rather somewhat trust a proven expert than go the extra mile myself).
Si is my absolute least preferred function, at least in models like Beebee's, even lower than Fe. Reminiscing can sometimes bring on a very unpleasant sensation that I have described as temporal vertigo. My memories of many things and times are fuzzy, especially if the events were not significant in some way. Pressing to get more clarity can lead to this.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Si is my absolute least preferred function, at least in models like Beebee's, even lower than Fe. Reminiscing can sometimes bring on a very unpleasant sensation that I have described as temporal vertigo. My memories of many things and times are fuzzy, especially if the events were not significant in some way. Pressing to get more clarity can lead to this.

Visible use of my Si is pretty negative, and positive use isn't really that visible because it's, well, introverted. But when it's visible, it's visible through pessimistic Ne projections:

"I'm never going to get anywhere.
What have I done with my life?
Every time I get ahead, I am sucked right back.
I give up.
I'll just keep this shitty job and live this basic life just like everyone else."

Many people think I'm IxFP or xNFJ, but there are better ways of measuring these things than anything currently in the Jungian/M-B communities.

NFJ is Tribe over Self, and I think it's obvious I'm self over tribe. This is heightened in me because I am a 4.

My struggle is in Chaos vs Order, as seen in those on the sensing/intuition axis. My yearning is for more, more, more; new, new, new; better, better, better, and the thought of never getting there and submitting to societal order kills me. So, at my lowest, I give in to Order (Si) but in a very one-sided, negative, defeatist sorta way.

Conversely, I'm relatively balanced in Self vs Tribe, in the sense that I don't obsess or struggle excessively with not fitting in somewhere as you see with INFPs and ENFJs.
Examples:
*long ENFJ Facebook post about the stresses of being a good mother, wife, friend, neighbor, employee, and constantly feeling overextended and not good enough, but "this is my beautiful messy life and I wouldn't change it for anything"*

*INFP rant about "what do you want me to do? I'm going through a lot right now and I shouldn't be expected to live up to these ridiculously high standards in this moment".

I was gonna save this resource for myself selfishly (hello 5), but I decided it'd be significantly less annoying to have more people better understanding this stuff from a consistent perspective:

I'm still working through it all myself, so I'm no pro, but the above is my current understanding of it (basically a "subject to change" disclaimer).

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was gonna save this resource for myself selfishly (hello 5), but I decided it'd be significantly less annoying to have more people better understanding this stuff from a consistent perspective:

I'm still working through it all myself, so I'm no pro, but the above is my current understanding of it (basically a "subject to change" disclaimer).

That is a cool website and I agree with how they look at things (ie standard 16 types is kind of useless) -- though too, it almost gets to the point of... is there a point in typing given all of the variables involved? (though I can appreciate it given the growth element if you recognize you have an utter void in one thing or another and your unfolding life basically shows that that is the case. [also this kinda jives with some talk I had with a few ppl on this site a while back, that I'm basically a double introvert, thus on the surface (but only on the surface) can come across as kind of an isfp/intj hybrid; though at root I am 100% of the Identity life focus, not the organizing or gathering or tribing]

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
That is a cool website and I agree with how they look at things (ie standard 16 types is kind of useless) -- though too, it almost gets to the point of... is there a point in typing given all of the variables involved? (though I can appreciate it given the growth element if you recognize you have an utter void in one thing or another and your unfolding life basically shows that that is the case. [also this kinda jives with some talk I had with a few ppl on this site a while back, that I'm basically a double introvert, thus on the surface (but only on the surface) can come across as kind of an isfp/intj hybrid]

Good points for sure.
For me, the point of it is simply to satisfy my obsessive thirst for knowledge. I love having a puzzle to work on and expand upon (Ne), and it's even better if it helps me understand myself better (Fi), or has a practical purpose (Te).

It's impossible to objectively look at yourself, but it's important to try so you know what you need to work on.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good points for sure.
For me, the point of it is simply to satisfy my obsessive thirst for knowledge. I love having a puzzle to work on and expand upon (Ne), and it's even better if it helps me understand myself better (Fi), or has a practical purpose (Te).

It's impossible to objectively look at yourself, but it's important to try so you know what you need to work on.

Totally agree with your bolded point, though that'll be something that goes on for my entire life, ha. btw if it came across this way, I wasn't saying there wasn't a point for you or anyone (as obviously everyone has different drives / perceptions), it was more just me musing on the act of typing (ie 512 types oh my! ;) - however the nuances certainly make a lot more *sense* to me based on what I've observed of people).