User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I only ask for definitions so I can know what you intend to mean.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Smile Breaking the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What is your definition of ecstasy and how does it differ from intoxication?
    Intoxication is derangement while ecstasy is stepping outside the taken for granted.

Intoxication is very tempting even addictive, while ecstasy keeps her eyes wide open with every breath as she strides into the new world.

Intoxication gently closes our eyes in a little sleep, while ecstasy is fully awake.

Our life is rounded with a little sleep and intoxication is merely a foretaste of death. While ecstasy breaks through the barriers into new life like a flower breaking through the ice.
    Likes elodia liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

In practice they both compass release of feeling.

Smile

I only ask for definitions so I can know what you intend to mean.
    The meaning of my post is your response. So I hang on your every response to see what I mean.

Not only God, but the author is dead. Instead the meaning is found in our interaction. The meaning can't do without me, and the meaning can't do without you. The meaning doesn't depend on any one of us, but depends on both of us.

It means letting go of our baggage - the baggage of the individual author.

What is helpful is to let go the baggage of the Individual Creator, to let go of us as the centre of the universe. The centre of the universe is everywhere and nowhere. God is dead. The author is dead. And the conversation lives forever.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I presume you're talking about Romance, in which case, a new love extinguishes an old love.
    and the winningest strategy is that everyone most always be ready to move on? and if the world was made of us (Fe-Ti) then really there'd be no sustaining/sustainable love at all?

i agree that time and attention control forgetting more than anything else. but what is appropriate grieving? what is appropriate loving? i read into what you're saying to detect a kind of eternal skepticism which cuts through false meaning but might defile some of our best aspirations.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    and the winningest strategy is that everyone most always be ready to move on? and if the world was made of us (Fe-Ti) then really there'd be no sustaining/sustainable love at all?
    To love is to lose. The beginning of love foretells the end of love. Everyone and everything you love will perish. The people you love now, you will look down on them in the final repose of death. Or, they will look down on you. Love is in the moment. Possession is in the moment. Once that time has passed all that is left is the dead leaves of memory. You can try to hold on, but you are holding nothing. Love while it is in your present power. And let go when your power is lost.

i agree that time and attention control forgetting more than anything else. but what is appropriate grieving? what is appropriate loving? i read into what you're saying to detect a kind of eternal skepticism which cuts through false meaning but might defile some of our best aspirations.
    What is your aspiration?

I think we want to hold on because we want to adorn the way we feel about love right now. When we feel love we want to believe that it is eternal because we are beings who create. And creation always leaves a residue that feels real, concrete, and permanent. But, love does not work this way. It is a Promethean force that dies each moment and is reborn each moment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

No eternal love?

MBTI
    ENTP

Eternity in a moment. But, we never live in Eternity.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

To love is to lose. The beginning of love foretells the end of love. Everyone and everything you love will perish. The people you love now, you will look down on them in the final repose of death. Or, they will look down on you. Love is in the moment. Possession is in the moment. Once that time has passed all that is left is the dead leaves of memory. You can try to hold on, but you are holding nothing. Love while it is in your present power. And let go when your power is lost.

What is your aspiration?

I think we want to hold on because we want to adorn the way we feel about love right now. When we feel love we want to believe that it is eternal because we are beings who create. And creation always leaves a residue that feels real, concrete, and permanent. But, love does not work this way. It is a Promethean force that dies each moment and is reborn each moment.
    i believe you are mistaking your experience of love for what love is. i think that we (you and i--Fe-Ti) feel love at moments of death and change because we see the whole story in a new light that is too distant and too overarching to stay dialed into in an everyday life moment-by-moment kind of way. i don't know if there's that much consciousness to go around.

others (Fi) dwell on their feelings to come to terms with a truth for themselves that is necessary in order for them to navigate the world and make their decisions. and i also am under the assumption that that activity produces a kind of subjectively tinged love that provides a kind of affirmation and validation and truth that is if not permanent far beyond our transitory acting out/performance/decision of love. it is stored in a more enduring memory than our Fe love-grammar.

my aspiration is to recognize this kind of love, to know it, and allow it to transform my vision of the world beyond how i see love and its leaking colors.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, I have no idea what that kind of love is.