User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Your Chains

I always try to do everything on my own. It often feels like I'm taking advantage of people and using up their time when I ask them for help. Even when it's their job to help me (a salesman or a tech support person), I always feel like I should be able to figure it out and do everything on my own still. If I was just able to accept that it's okay to ask for help, I could probably accomplish everything I do ten times faster. It's not like I'm shy or anything, I just hate feeling or appearing needy.

I don't mind it at all when people ask me for help. I'm glad to be able to help and I usually have fun and enjoy the interaction, so I don't know where this comes from.

Thoughts: I'm super competitive, I like for everything to be done my way, and I like to take all the credit for it. I'm obsessed with novelty and originality to the point where acheiving any certain result is merely an afterthought. Plus, I have a big ego.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

My body is what limits me the most. And I don't just mean in the sense that everyone's body limits them (although just that sense is enough to drive me crazy sometimes), but ...well, if anyone's read my blog or knows my situation, they know what I mean, so I won't waste time repeating myself about that.

And the kids... can't really do anything I want to do or be anywhere I belong until they've grown up and left home - though actually I'll be the one who leaves home when they grow up...

The feeling that whatever I do, it's "not enough". Seriously, I'm never satisfied... I can never just pat myself on the back and feel good about what I've achieved, I always have to push on and do more... I feel like I'm scrambling and running with all I've got towards a goal that's not even really defined... but I just know I haven't reached it.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I always try to do everything on my own. It often feels like I'm taking advantage of people and using up their time when I ask them for help. Even when it's their job to help me (a salesman or a tech support person), I always feel like I should be able to figure it out and do everything on my own still. If I was just able to accept that it's okay to ask for help, I could probably accomplish everything I do ten times faster. It's not like I'm shy or anything, I just hate feeling or appearing needy.

I don't mind it at all when people ask me for help. I'm glad to be able to help and I usually have fun and enjoy the interaction, so I don't know where this comes from.

Thoughts: I'm super competitive, I like for everything to be done my way, and I like to take all the credit for it. [ I'm obsessed with novelty and originality to the point where acheiving any certain result is merely an afterthought.] Plus, I have a big ego.
    Actually yeah, most of this applies to me too. I'm competitive, but I wouldn't say "super", except on certain specific things. The part in brackets aren't really me though... well, it might've been when I was younger, but hasn't been for a while now. And I have started to get better at asking for help by imagining myself in a military/Starfleet type situation where I'm the captain and it's part of my job to use the resources I have to get the job done the best way possible, and one of those resources is my crew, and the way to use them is to give them orders. So it's a case of figuring out who's on the crew, and a way to order them without... well, ordering them!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    The feeling that whatever I do, it's "not enough". Seriously, I'm never satisfied... I can never just pat myself on the back and feel good about what I've achieved, I always have to push on and do more... I feel like I'm scrambling and running with all I've got towards a goal that's not even really defined... but I just know I haven't reached it.
    Do you think that could be your iNtuitive vision and future-orientation conflicting with your Perceiving openness in a way?

heart on fire

Fatigue.