User Tag List

First 4567 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Sperm bank....I don't even know where I would find one of those. I wouldn't know how to even extract my eggs to mix with the sperm and I wouldn't know the procedure to actually fully develop that into a baby - let alone a human.
    The beauty of being a female is that you don't need to do any extraction of your eggs since the fertilization can be done reliably inside your body. It's actually fairly simple...

Plus, if I was the only person alive, what use is the sperm if the person who owned that sperm died too - obviously he wasn't strong enough to survive whatever killed all of man-kind. Yeah, sure, I would consist of part of the genes to the baby but what is the point of a half-strong baby?
    More likely you'd be "half-strong", too. We still don't know what killed off the rest of humanity, but if it was a disease that was human-specific and you weren't a carrier, it would die out. If you are and possess antibodies, you would pass these on and any offspring would inherit them.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but why wouldn't you be able to produce any males? It is the guy that determines whether we get a boy or not because only a male sperm carries the chomosome for determining if a baby is male or female. Females only carry the X chomosome....or that's what I thought.
    The male does not determine whether the offspring is male or female. The female does, mostly, with some help from the male.

Y-carrying sperm are very fast but the female reproductive tract is hostile to them and they die rapidly. They are also smaller and less robust, therefore you're going to have a dramatically-lower chance of producing a male if the sperm has been frozen. Timing is crucial to gender selection under normal circumstances... Our high male ratio is due to cultures that expect monogamy and cultures with extreme promiscuity, which result in higher frequencies of males than would naturally occur without such cultural pressures. Wars are fought because females are selfish.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Not to mention the soul-crushing sadness of losing EVERYONE you EVER loved. I think my heart might explode instantly from sadness. I would probably die, as they say, from a broken heart.
    That's exactly how I imagined it would go... And if I lived long enough, well I'd spend most of my time writing about the people I knew and loved in hopes of resolving the terrible, probable, black depression. Maybe I'd make it special and turn their lives into tales worthy of being called myths and legends. Once all the writing was done, I'd put the books on a table, on a hill, somewhere out in the middle on nowhere...somewhere that seemed a very unlikely place for a table and books to be placed. I'd find a way to protect the books from the elements and from animals and from time. Then, I'd go somewhere peaceful and give up. (I think, under certain circumstances, it's possible to make yourself stop living. Eventhough that hasn't really been proven. But I don't think that our sense of self-preservation is active at all times in all situations.)

MBTI
    istp

Man you guys are a bunch of wet blankets...

If I were the last person (or thought I was) I'd want it so that if anyone ever came back, they'd be like... "what the HELL did you do here?!"

You know, like... entire cities demolished, vehicles of all shapes and sizes crashed into the ground and nearby buildings, large out of control forest fires, spent ammunition, things like that.

"What happened what? Oh this... yeah, it's a long story, but umm... I should probably tell you--stay out of Africa... the computer controlled mechs have taken over everything south of the Nile and the bio-enhanced rabid gorillas will not distinguish between you and the robots... can I get you something to drink?"

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ROFL@ Grayscale!!! "Look what happens when I leave the room!! You people are ridiculous!!"
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    You know, like... entire cities demolished, vehicles of all shapes and sizes crashed into the ground and nearby buildings, large out of control forest fires, spent ammunition, things like that.
    LOL! That sounds exactly like what my ISTP son would occupy himself with!!

In case you're not the only person left alive.

Sassafrassquatch’s Guide to the Apocalypse

1) As soon as it becomes apparent that shit is going down secure as much canned food, water, guns and ammunition as you can carry.

2) Find a secure location where you can wait for the shit to blow over. If the shit happens to be nuclear war, fuck it, go bowling.

3) It’s ok to kill anyone who gets in your way. They’re all going to die soon anyway.

4) Don’t waste time playing around, stealing sports cars or whatever. Unless it’s a nuclear war, cause you’re fucked anyway. Although in that case you should be having hot end-of-the-world-sex with chicks who don’t want to die virgins.

5) Survivors: Find ISTPs, ESTPs, and ISTJs, they’ll be the best at coping with the situation and may have useful skills. Pinch an INTP or two to design your fortress/bunker/compound/castle. The NFs will be too busy crying and moping, it’s ok to leave them to die. Kill any ESTJs, ENTJs or anyone else who may try to seize power. You’ll also want dentists and surgeons. An abscessed tooth or appendicitis shouldn’t stop your drive to become the regional power.

6) Make time in your pillaging to raid a library for books on agriculture, chemistry, medicine and carpentry.

7) Food and clean water and fuel will be the only things of value. If you can become the supplier of these things you will rule your corner of the world.

8) You'll want to find a large building in which to set up shop. If you can find a Costco next to a Home Depot you're in good shape.

9) Once you’ve established power you’ll need a harem. And a cool hat. Cause people respect a man with a cool hat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Fuck you Sass, I'll be the one in my corner of the world running shit. I even know how to survive the aftermath of nuclear war. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

I'm wondering what the long-term plan is for all these sperm-seekers. Suppose they successfully unfreeze the sperm and then impregnate themselves. What then? Are they expecting the children to reproduce? If so, are they going to rear the children with an expectation that they will eventually hook up, or are they going to rear them the way they would normally rear children?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    The NFs will be too busy crying and moping, it’s ok to leave them to die.
    "You cut me deep, sass..er...Shrek. You cut me read deep just now." (quoting donkey)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm wondering what the long-term plan is for all these sperm-seekers. Suppose they successfully unfreeze the sperm and then impregnate themselves. What then? Are they expecting the children to reproduce? If so, are they going to rear the children with an expectation that they will eventually hook up, or are they going to rear them the way they would normally rear children?
    It would be Adam and Eve all over again.

It's never gonna happen, so not to worry.