User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd probably get bored and off myself if I were the last person alive!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

I would kill myself immediately; too miserable an existence for me.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

It also matters on the way they all died - are we talking an ELE, disease, or something else?

Sounds fun, BUT, since I could never be sure there are no humans left (it is highly improbable that if I survived due to, say, immunity, that others didn't), I would probably spend much of the remainder of my life searching for them.

Therefore, provided I couldn't find a single living person in the area (searching and using radios), I would do the following: Collect up supplies that would make it easier to locate people and assorted items for protection. One of the most dangerous things would be feral dog packs, so I would carry and maintain a collection of assorted firearms, ammunition, and edged weapons. For entertainment, I would locate plenty of books, computers, video games, etc.

If I couldn't find signs of human life in the San Diego area, I would leave something obvious on Coronado, Point Loma, and/or in downtown San Diego that would attract the attention and activity of other humans. From there, I would collect above-mentioned supplies and outfit the nicest and most-sea-worthy yacht I could obtain, then sail north for Los Angeles where I would do a similar search for life. If there is still no sign, I would leave something else obvious in Long Beach and/or Palos Verdes and continue north with more supplies and possibly a better sail boat obtained in the area. I would do the same thing all the way to Vancouver, hitting all major cities along the coast, then make my way back down the coast, checking each point I left signs of my existence for signs of human activity, and investigate those.

After returning to my point of origin, if no signs are seen, I would head south to Panama and cross at the Panama Canal to the Gulf. From there I would continue the search up/down the east coast. Still lacking any human activity, I would check South America, and if there is still no sign, I would return to the west coast and check there some more. After a couple years of this, I might consider an expedition to Europe to do the same thing there, in Africa, SE Asia, and Australia. The last thing I would do is prepare for a serious long-distance trip across the ocean to review the islands which might have been isolated from whatever killed off the rest of humanity. This might be the first thing I put effort into if the event was a disease, but only after ensuring I do not carry said disease myself.

If after this it appears there is truly nobody in the world, I would basically keep sailing north/south along the west coast, camping out in the northwest and southwest for much of the rest of my life, and identifying the best place to settle when I get too old to continue wandering.

I could go into more depth on these...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENTP

If it only seemed like I was the last person alive on earth but I didn't know for certain and had no way of finding out, I'd probably roam around the earth discovering stuff whilst looking for other people.

If I did know for a fact that I was the last person on earth, I'd probably find a hospital fertility unit and read up on how to like, grow test tube babies from frozen sperm/eggs or whatever. Or clone myself maybe, and play with the genes so that there were both male and female versions, and we could repopulate the globe with ENTPs!

Hang on, why am I alone? Is there a disease that only I was immune to that wiped out all the people but left the buildings etc the same? That'd make a difference.

Or I might just devote my life to teaching animals to speak... heheh... maybe I'd go and live with some animal species that was debatably sentient like gorillas or something.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISTP

After making sure I'd have the essentials (food and water), I'd seek natural gas (propane-ish), transport (natural gas), heat generator, power/generator, refrigeration, medical supplies. Most of those are interchangable, like using propane stoves for heat, and using propane for fuel. I'd prefer that approach since I wouldn't lose time searching for many of these items, other than transportation... but I'd have time with that since most cars would have several months of lifespan before I'd be stranded.

I'd likely settle in a hardware store somewhere (maintenance would become a big issue unless you can secure central heating and supplies and are handy enough to deal with large scale projects like re-roofing - this allows allows the most interchangable parts for your critical survival items, not to mention building supplies and pest control). Most places like that are engineered for a longer life than your usual wood houses too. Given that I'd likely be unable to replace many of the items I listed above, I'd probably have no more than 10 years of "easy" living. After that point, I'd have to be self sufficient. I would have no need for farmland - most farmland being too barren and meant for high-yield single crops. I'd simply seek out a fairly decent size garden shop - they are often fairly close to hardware stores here, or even be a combination of them. I could set up planters and greenhouses where I had room, thus control the stuff I grew better. I'd probably plant quite a few trees, namely for berries and oranges... and get a chicken coop going. Eggs and chicken meat would be essential for balancing my diet since I am unlikely to be able to raise much red meat or grow sufficient beans.

All of that assuming that I didn't know I was the last person on earth. If I knew, I'd probably eat a whole lot of chocolate, take up drinking and be dead within a few months. I'm too lazy to do all that work just to survive.

MBTI
    yupp

as long as I get food and shelter and access to all media and books. And DON"T have to have sex with a evil mucousey alien to repopulate the earth with human alien hybrids yea I'd just chill for a bit.

If I have to sleep with evil sinister aliens because it's their fault everyone is dead then I'll kill myself.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What would you do if you were the last person on Earth? How would you react?
    Well, whether I thought I was or if I actually knew I was the last person on Earth...I would probably just kill myself (assuming that I could actually get myself to kill myself).

Reason why I wouldn't want to keep living alone - well see my blog (basically it is an extreme fear of being alone).

Plus, if I was really the last person standing, for whatever odd reason that may be, what would be the point - I have no one to help me repopulate the world and the effort to even try would be too much for one person, let alone try to live and do everything.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    ...I'd probably eat a whole lot of chocolate, take up drinking and be dead within a few months. I'm too lazy to do all that work just to survive.
    Now THERE'S an idea!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Plus, if I was really the last person standing, for whatever odd reason that may be, what would be the point - I have no one to help me repopulate the world and the effort to even try would be too much for one person, let alone try to live and do everything.
    See, if I was a female I would just repopulate sufficiently to produce a viable gene pool using frozen sperm from that successful/famous person sperm bank. Being male, I lack that option (and, realistically, it probably wouldn't work due to the fact you probably wouldn't be able to produce any males in this manner), and therefore I would do the best thing a male could do - seek out females, which are more robust and much more likely to survive most things that would kill a high percentage of humans.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    See, if I was a female I would just repopulate sufficiently to produce a viable gene pool using frozen sperm from that successful/famous person sperm bank.
    Sperm bank....I don't even know where I would find one of those. I wouldn't know how to even extract my eggs to mix with the sperm and I wouldn't know the procedure to actually fully develop that into a baby - let alone a human. Plus, if I was the only person alive, what use is the sperm if the person who owned that sperm died too - obviously he wasn't strong enough to survive whatever killed all of man-kind. Yeah, sure, I would consist of part of the genes to the baby but what is the point of a half-strong baby?

I'm sorry, if I was the last person on earth or if I thought I was, I would lose all hope and motivation to live. All this is good and all but I would have to wait so long to see if I could find anyone or make anyone to repopulate the earth. That is too much effort for me (when I'm depressed and unmotivated) - I hate to have to cling on to hope when I'm depressed. Maybe that's why I get stuck in these downward spiraling circles when I get down...

Being male, I lack that option (and, realistically, it probably wouldn't work due to the fact you probably wouldn't be able to produce any males in this manner), and therefore I would do the best thing a male could do - seek out females, which are more robust and much more likely to survive most things that would kill a high percentage of humans.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but why wouldn't you be able to produce any males? It is the guy that determines whether we get a boy or not because only a male sperm carries the chomosome for determining if a baby is male or female. Females only carry the X chomosome....or that's what I thought.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.