User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I would stick to small aircraft. Somehow I bet those big aircraft are a terrible pain to land without a control tower.
    Why? It's not like there is gonna be anyone else on the runway. Why even use a runway, crash land it on the interstate, who cares?

That reminds me. I was going to offer up the thought that a woman might be able to repopulate the earth if she found some frozen sperm somewhere... like in an in vitro lab? I don't know if sperm can survive freezing, but it's an interesting scenario.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    That reminds me. I was going to offer up the thought that a woman might be able to repopulate the earth if she found some frozen sperm somewhere... like in an in vitro lab? I don't know if sperm can survive freezing, but it's an interesting scenario.
    That is an excellent point. There are tons of labs with frozen sperm and eggs. A woman could possibly start the repopulation process. It would even be better if we had artificial womb technology at that point. Then a woman wouldn't have to sacrifice her own body to the process and could even have several kids going at once. Hey, with AW technology then even a guy could do it.

MBTI
    istp

I can see it now, the woman running her hands over a along a line of sperm receptacles...

"Hmm, choices, choices..."

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'd be too focused on survival to worry about much else.

Getting even simple food and shelter without power, industry, stores, physical labour, etc would be more challenging than you might think. At least after the supplies from the stores are used up. I suppose that could last years or even decades though, given a sufficient number.

I'd move somewhere warm enough to survive winter but cool enough to be able to farm decently. And find a whole lot of books to tell me how to do stuff. And try to forget how lonely I am.

It'd be pretty miserable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Honestly, if the infrastructure is there I can't see how a person can't get it running. There is a central location of operations for this stuff, just have to know how to operate it. Set it up to text you if something goes wrong; I already know that stuff exists, I've worked with it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'd be too focused on survival to worry about much else.

Getting even simple food and shelter without power, industry, stores, physical labour, etc would be more challenging than you might think. At least after the supplies from the stores are used up. I suppose that could last years or even decades though, given a sufficient number.

I'd move somewhere warm enough to survive winter but cool enough to be able to farm decently. And find a whole lot of books to tell me how to do stuff. And try to forget how lonely I am.

It'd be pretty miserable.
    My thoughts too. I think living without electricity, which is feasible if there were no humans to run it and you didn't know how to keep it running yourself, would be harder than one might think. Not to mention, what if you break a bone while no one else is around? Catch a disease or some kind of virus?

This thread is awakening my anxiety.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What would you do if you were the last person on Earth? How would you react?
    I've frequently fantasized about this exact scenario, and always decided that it would be quite a sucky situation to be stuck in Australia for. You could have so much more fun in North America or Europe. I guess a lot of those fantasies involve wanton vandalism and sticky-beaking, with some random masturbation in highly inappropriate places. You could move into Bill Gates' house for a few months. Poke around in the Pentagon. Ultimately, my ambition would be to introduce kangaroos to Africa, where I think they'd do extremely well. I'm not sure what I'd finally end up doing. I'd probably drown when my yacht capsized at the first storm. Or I'd cluelessly sample every drug known to man until I accidentally overdosed. There would certainly be no shortage.

I had a dream about a week ago that everyone else on earth had died and the first thing I did was go out and "steal" myself a big, hugely-expensive yacht. I was pretty excited about it, as I recall.

MBTI
    ESFJ

"Wow, what next? Will I be stranded on a desert island with my favourite collection of music?"
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INFJ

Find a sperm bank and have a kid so I wouldn't be alone.