User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I'd try to create clones in a laboratory. I suppose this may sound arrogant, but I genuinely believe that if all the world's equipment and knowledge was available to me and it was my single goal in life, I would probably be able to do it.

...no doubt creating a Room of Horrors a la Alien Resurrection in the process.

Edit: clones of other people! Even I'm not that narcissistic.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Exactly. Wouldn't it be a bitch if after the day you kill yourself, super intelligent extraterrestrials land on Earth?
    Then again, if they were coming to Earth in order to "serve man," perhaps suicide would have been preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'd try to create clones in a laboratory. ... Edit: clones of other people! Even I'm not that narcissistic.
    lol... that's what I was wondering! (I mean, if you're going to save the human race, it would be nice to get busy with someone other than yourself, right?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ

I guess it all depends on the circumstances. If vestiges of civilization remained I'd settle in a farm nearby. I'd grow my own vegetables and have animals for meat.

I would then proceed to investigate a nearby library. I'd first get all the cooking, medical and applied science books. I'd collect cars, petrol, medication, additional books, food from convenient stores, a powerful computer, video games, guitars, wine and cannabis grains. I'd find a way to continue having electricity, heating and water. Then I'd happily spend the day reading, playing video games, eating different food, enjoying wine, driving expensive sports cars and smoking pot.

Hey it sounds awesome

I would really miss my girlfriend though. If we were both the last people alive, it would be paradise!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It wouldn't be that much different than ending up stranded on a deserted island.
    Oh yes it would! Because when you're stranded on a desert island, you can always have HOPE that somehow you'll get back to civilisation. And you know that there are people missing you out there. Two things you don't have if you know you're the last person on Earth.

Which, duh , makes me realise that no I wouldn't die, for a simple reason: I *couldn't* know that I'm the last human on Earth! So I would keep living and traveling and searching, always hoping to find another human being somewhere. After all, if insignificant me survived, then why not someone else?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    I *couldn't* know that I'm the last human on Earth!
    This is a good point. How would I find out I was the last person on earth? How would I know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What would you do if you were the last person on Earth? How would you react?
    However if I did know for sure that I was the last person on the face of the earth, I don't think I can imagine how I would really feel.

Certainly, I would mourn the deaths of all my loved ones for a very long time. I know I wouldn't live for very long because I am lousy with gardening, so I could only live as long as I could find fresh food in stores and homes. There would be no one to run the power plants so there would be no electricity or water either I guess, except for rain water. I would definitely become very religious. I guess I would just stay close to my home town where I was familiar with my surroundings (because unfamiliar surroundings make me paranoid after a while) and I would eventually die of starvation.

I'm assuming everyone else would have died all at once like in some sci-fi movie so wouldn't there be the horrible stench of death everywhere? I would be incredibly depressed with all that death around me. I would want to die too. I would be terribly afraid of wild animals - or are they all dead, too? Thankfully, I know such a scenario will never happen, so I don't have to worry about it.

I'd like to imagine that I would travel and go see all the beautiful places of the world, but realistically, I don't believe I could actually accomplish that.

As much as I need time alone, and dislike interacting with people, the fact is that people make the world what it is and without people, the earth would eventually just be overrun by weeds and wild animals.

MBTI
    INFP

I'd be okay, but like kiddo says, I would probably be surrounded by animals to talk, hug, and take care of.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

It would be hard to know what you'd really do, wouldn't it? I think eventually electricity would stop working, the tv stations would stop running, and the internet would probably collapse, don't you think? Hmm... that's an interesting thought. Like Mav, I'd take many, many trips to the library. I'd probably read every manga and interesting book I could find, since there'd be nothing else to do! It would be sad to know that anything I created or thought could never be shared with another soul. I'd also, like others have said, continuously wonder if there WERE others out there. I'd probably try to find them, but how scary would it be to get lost in the world, knowing there was no one around to help you? Gosh, this is a depressing and terrifying thought. Not to mention the soul-crushing sadness of losing EVERYONE you EVER loved. I think my heart might explode instantly from sadness. I would probably die, as they say, from a broken heart.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    It would be hard to know what you'd really do, wouldn't it? I think eventually electricity would stop working, the tv stations would stop running, and the internet would probably collapse, don't you think? Hmm... that's an interesting thought. Like Mav, I'd take many, many trips to the library. I'd probably read every manga and interesting book I could find, since there'd be nothing else to do! It would be sad to know that anything I created or thought could never be shared with another soul. I'd also, like others have said, continuously wonder if there WERE others out there. I'd probably try to find them, but how scary would it be to get lost in the world, knowing there was no one around to help you? Gosh, this is a depressing and terrifying thought. Not to mention the soul-crushing sadness of losing EVERYONE you EVER loved. I think my heart might explode instantly from sadness. I would probably die, as they say, from a broken heart.
    Nah, see, you would just have to be more self sufficient! Learn how to operate dam gates and turbine systems, take off and land commercial jets, etc. I would make humanity proud!

The only sad thing for me would be when I myself was about to die. No more chances... the last one in the last few moments. I would try to stop it but it would be inevitable. As things got dark I would be thinking... noo, don't go away world, I love you.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    ...take off and land commercial jets...
    I would stick to small aircraft. Somehow I bet those big aircraft are a terrible pain to land without a control tower.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd have to work out artificial gestation first, I'm thinking; and while the first batch is cooking I'll work on some particle experiments. I guess the only thing I'd really have to worry about is running out of frozen eggs before getting anything viable.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]